Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorukeboyska
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2016

Teach Someone to Bike and Change a Life! August 15 - 19, 2016
    Be a spotter helping people with disabilities learn how to ride two-wheel bicycles at the iCan Bike Camp, in the Cambridge War Memorial Gym. Volunteers may sign up for one or more 75 minute sessions for each of the five days. 

Please sign up here to choose a session, like us on facebook, check out videos, and invite your friends!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2016

This sounds wonderful! I will be in town that week (and the week before too!) I just signed up in the 3:35-4:50pm timeslot. Anybody else going to do this, or specifically going to do that timeslot?::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthortweedledum
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2016

Ach! I checked it out and then I discovered that I would need to do all 5 days. I have a conflict, so I'm out. I'm glad you'll be able to do it, Pocky . It does sound great. I think the kids will really like you :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2016

I'll be in town for the next two weeks. Let's hang out anyway!::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthortweedledum
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2016

Are you interested in watching the Perseids? I was thinking to go to a dark-skies spot in Cambridge. I'm sure there's a few other people who would want to do that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2016

Update: we did go to see the Perseids. It was great.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2016

Also, the kid I'm teaching to ride bikes this week did his first lap without my hands on the bike at all today, and then promptly crashed into a pole.

Overheard the following comment from another kid (not mine) the other day:
    "Are you getting paid for this? No? Then what joy do you get from my suffering?"::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus