Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSmitttydog
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2018

Has anyone owned one of these Fortified bikes? Is it just a gimmic with its anti theft bolts or is it actually a decent bike.

This is my first bike and i like the look and price of this bike. The single speed version.

Otherwise I am looking to get a State Warhawk.

Any thoughts opinions
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2018

I just met somebody yesterday who owns one of these things and loves it.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    I have heard good things but I think it's probably heavy as hell

FWIW I bought one of their tail lights for our kid trailer and it's been really good.

ETA I actually want to move it over to the trail-a-bike we have MiniFries on now, but I can't find the goddamn proprietary allen key to take it off the trailer so i guess if you buy a fortified bike put that key in a place you won't lose it.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2018

I was sad the guy didn't ride to the event we met at. I really want to see how heavy they are. He did show me his proprietary wheel remover doohickey, which seemed like a cool concept, though super bulky.

Do they just use standard security bolts? You might be able to find a set at your local hardware store. They're expensive, though. (I once used my set to illegally open some office windows. Fresh air never felt so illicit!)Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorSmitttydog
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2018

It’s 23lbs. Is that heavy in Bike weight?
    That's actually not bad at all. And it doesn't matter that much anyway unless you'll be carrying it up stairs frequently.

FWIW Fortified is a local company, too.

^^Pretty sure it's proprietary, IIRC it's a star pattern with a little post in the middle so you need a star key with a hole in it. I really need to organize my basement.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2018

Star pattern with a hole in it is a standard security bit, not proprietary.
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D