Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2019

Opinion: Trader Joe's bagels are not fancy enough to come uncut"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2019

what's the point of uncut bagels? anyone ever going to eat them without slicing?

the new (...june or something but i missed it) silversun pickups is pretty goodThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    I just assume they get stale faster if they're pre-cut.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2019

that's why you buy a dozen and throw 'em in the freezer when you get homeThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    • CommentAuthorryan t

Yep, I put all bread things in the freezer. I’ve never tried this, but maybe it’s a good idea to cut them all (or finish cutting those partially cut ones) and just freeze a bunch of halves.
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

easier to thaw them in two piecesThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

yeah, fresh bagels are fine uncut, but these are basic rubbery ones packed with preservatives which make them extra hard to even cut. That's unjustified"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorryan t

All I know is that in tennis is sucks to get bageled
    apparently cut hands from bagel slicing is a pretty common thing in doctors' officesDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2019

Since we're talking bagels, I have yet to find a decent bagel in Seattle. All the "gourmet" bagel places are doing knock-off Vancouver-style bagels, which are just knock-off Montreal-style bagels.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    i feel like my bagel knowledge is sorely lackingDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2019

My bagel hierarchy goes something like: Montreal --> NYC --> Vancouver --> San Francisco --> Nowhere elseWorstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2019 edited

Israel as I remember
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

my entirely non-controversial opinion of the day is that making shows specifically for fb watch is dumb as hell. facebook watch is a nightmare. the video doesn't resize with your window, and every notification/chat window is all up in your dumbass face covering the god damn show. thumbs downnnThat may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

ryan t:Israel as I remember

ToucheWorstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

I have never once clicked on an fb story, and only extremely rarely on IG. Maybe I'm old but I really don't get the point

"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2019

oh this isn't Stories, this is like people making full on, full length tv shows, but for FB Watch not tv (they turned the podcast Tanis into a show - it's not as creepy now)That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo
    yeah i am debating whether to even try watching the rugby world cup final on fb watch

i mean, it's also on at 5am Eastern time, so that may be the actual deciding factor.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

I'm hoping that they'll just kill FB watch, but since it's really just a way to drive ads (15-second video ad placements are way more expensive than banner ads or sponsored posts) I doubt that'll happen anytime soon. They keep throwing me notifications which annoys me to no end.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

I am so glad I've managed to barely notice that's a thing"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2019

oh, duh, i meant limetown, above, not tanis (Different spoopy podcast), and yeah there's no other way but fb watch to see it, soooo =/That may be my favorite DQ of all time - nerdo