Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

So MSNBC is apparently staffed by a bunch of dick beans.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22792627/

All I have to say is...

clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2008

Damn straight. It doesn't.

NYC baby!dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

Hellz yes. THE Mother fucking hub of the universe.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    that article was insulting.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradam
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2008 edited

i googled the guy who wrote it, check this out>
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Sorry kids, the truth hurts.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

Plus, ol’ Mikey wears a freaking fedora in his MSNBC.com picture. Who does that anymore? Is he cracking cases and solving mysteries on the side?

AAAAAhahahahahaThe kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

DannyRocks:Sorry kids, the truth hurts.

I beg to differ, Danny.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

nyc 19 million people.

boston 3 million.

Fair comparison?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

19 million LOSERS!!!!!!

HA!The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

bound, are we talking greater-metropolis-area or just proper city?
    NYC proper=about 10 mil.
    Boston proper=isn't it like .75 mil?dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

NYC's estimated population for 2005 (the most recent I could find) was 8.14 mil.
    Boston was .56 mil

Boston (we're talking Boston, back bay, southie, eastie, and maybe charlestown) covers a much smaller area. NYC, on the other hand is technically five different cities that happen to work together. Now take into account that Boston isn't constantly trying to steal your bike. I rest my case.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

FWIW Somerville is the most populated city in Mass
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

^yeah that's what I meant sorry
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike

Two totally different cities. Shouldn't be compared. Boston may be the 10th or 11th largest city in country population wise, but we are also densely populated. Compare that to cites with a larger land area to fit more people. Boston is only 42.something square miles[including water 80.something.] New York is 200+ square miles and a bit way more densely populated. I believe population /density/land size should be a separate argument. Still, these two cities shouldn't be compared.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

what this all boils down to is NYC folks know the pats are gonna ruin the giants...
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

They totally know it. I'm not even into football, and I'd still like to see the Pats win. I keep hearing all sorts of things about how their team is ridiculous this year, and such.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

Giant's play in Jersey.
    NYC don't need to care about jersey.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

I think generally NYC beats Boston in a lot of ways, but I think this article is motivated by the pats v. giants superbowl, and I think the Pats will win...
    The Boston nightlife leaves a lot to be desired.Word nerd
    conor:that article was insulting.

I have to agree. The journalist *if you can call him that* is a douche.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorraff I el
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2008

Morgie:I think generally NYC beats Boston in a lot of ways, but I think this article is motivated by the pats v. giants superbowl, and I think the Pats will win...

hey danny, i recall you saying "New Yorkers don't need to support the yankees, becauset he yankees will win anyway."

in retrospect, that's kind of funny, huh?Geryon was a monster everything about him was red.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

he's right about the pussyass red sox and the subway. but who cares about the fuckin' subway? we ride bikes.

pats by 28.
    • CommentAuthorraff I el

^kind of a burn on everyone who got their asses handed to them by the red sox, don't you think?Geryon was a monster everything about him was red.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

jeter alone has more rings than the red sox have in all of history. jus' sayin'. . .
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi

alexi gigantic:boston also includes Jamaica Plain and Allston, but not Charlestown

and roxbury, dorchester, hyde park, mattapan,roslindale, as well as charlestown.

giants by 3I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2008 edited

Yes, estimated census of metro area. Edit: Of the STATE you idiot...

It is like comparing boston to burlington vt. Well duh the big bad burlington is smaller and doesn't have the things you find in world class cities... duh!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

raff I el:
    Morgie:I think generally NYC beats Boston in a lot of ways, but I think this article is motivated by the pats v. giants superbowl, and I think the Pats will win...

hey danny, i recall you saying "New Yorkers don't need to support the yankees, becauset he yankees will win anyway."

in retrospect, that's kind of funny, huh?

wikipedia:
    Rank Team Series Won Years Won Notes
    1. New York Yankees 26 1923, 1927, 1928, 1932, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1941, 1943, 1947, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1956, 1958, 1961, 1962, 1977, 1978, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000 Leads all MLB teams. Has most finals championships of all (major) North American sports.
    4. Boston Red Sox 7 1903 (the first World Series), 1912,
    1915, 1916, 1918, 2004, 2007 Current Champions.
    dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

Besides the real beef that clown has is that the yankes, giants, nets, and knicks are all jokes compared to teh sox, pats, and world champion celtics (who's watching the celtics post season in HD with me on a 10 foot screen?).

being a life long Boston lovah, I'll tell you this, we got no nightlife, nothing is open late, too many damn students, and teh t just keeps getting more mediocre compared to any real city. But it is the safest damn place you can live in with what it does have.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

all i have to say is that both the redsox and the yankees suck. competitively, they do not, but as teams representing cities, yes. there was no struggle in building a team from the ground up, they were just bought. it's all money, buy a good team and people go to the games. if either team starts to do badly for more then a season, watch the ticket sales drop.

also, manny and ortiz are fat lazy fucks, and alex rodriguez himself makes more money a year then some entire teams.

baseball is bullshit, and fans are even more bullshit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

i'll be a hater. baseball sucks. boring.

professional football is where it's at. and this is not opinion. it's fact.

pats by 28.

; )
    Every game sells out because Ace Tickets buys all the tickets up and resells them at two or three times the face value.Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

^and cus it's the smallest stadium in major league sports (are close to atleast)..
    We should build a new stadium ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE OLD STADIUM!Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

we should build a new stadium.... in some place like foxboro where the fans don't get in meh way
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

Rob Gigantic:We should build a new stadium ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE OLD STADIUM!

stadium to watch people watching baseball? yes!
    Yeah, it'd be like a sporting event AND a sociological experiment at the same time. Everybody in the new stadium gets clipboards.Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi

^red notebooks?I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    •  
      CommentAuthorRob Gigantic

Yes, I like the way you think, Jav.

Experiment 1: Evaluate the effect of concessions on male social hierarchies. Control group 1 will be served non-alcoholic beer. Control group 2 will be served gluten-free pretzels.Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthormur

Rob Gigantic:Control group 1 will be served non-alcoholic beer.

tried an experiment like this once in college. two kegs. one of real beer. one of NA beer. put a "light beer" label on the NA keg. people drank from it. and got "drunk" anyway. it was marvelous.~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    •  
      CommentAuthorg0balistik

Which city smells like piss on a summer day?

--NYC
    •  
      CommentAuthormur

g0balistik:Which city smells like piss on a summer day?

Venice, Italy. oh wait, that smell is more like trash and sewage.~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

g0balistik:Which city smells like piss on a summer day?

--NYC

Man, you're off in W-town.
    Move closer to a college area and ask that again.
    (piss, vomit, general drunken hooliganism... ah, brighton.)dongpincher 1000
    I live in Southie. It smells like rotting fish and dead mobsters.Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

Yep. That's Southie in a nutshell.

And Ian's totally right. NYC generally smells bad.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.