Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I think it's a group buy.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2008

its a group buy.. greg told me about itEverybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

New frame day, really.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    very nice. i saw on the main page that you posted, and i though, "i hope his bike's ready." i'd like to see that thing up close.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch

marty missed the dueling geekhouses last night..Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

Dueling GH's was a good setup. I wish I had the willpower to ride harder during that match, but I had nothin'. I caught a couple of people snapping pics before that, so I'm sure something will end up in his hands.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    buckley.:
    New frame day, really.

Dude, your bike is the sex. Ya needa let me take it for a spinclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

Sure, I'll let you if you ever show up to pick up that front wheel.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSoft T-Rex

Nice buckleyHey, aren't you a dinosaur?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

I say: pimptastic.dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

DannyRocks:I say: pimptastic.

That's how riding this bike makes you feel.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    • CommentAuthordubblaster
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2008 edited

.A man becometh what he thinketh.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2008

i'm feelin' dat pink chain up above.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSoft T-Rex

Man all these new bikes are tits, I want in.Hey, aren't you a dinosaur?
    • CommentAuthordubblaster

buckley.:
    New frame day, really.

congrats dawg, looks tuff in green, pure murdah!A man becometh what he thinketh.
    yay new bike.

Photobucket<3 Katty Class
    ^Whoa. 2 Geekhouse bikes in the span of a couple days. Nice bike.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Thanks! and I think Buckley and I's bikes are the bane of Marty's existence and he wanted them out of his shop.<3 Katty Class
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2008

^very true.

That shit's hot.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradam

buckley's looks amazing in person. those frames are really growing on me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

Hey, thanks. I thought about it for quite a while before I got all the parts together. It totally paid off because it looks and rides great.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthoradam

you're welcome!
    i would have totally asked to ride it tonight but it's way to small for me. i do want to test ride one of these at some point.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008

nice whip strange case!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSoft T-Rex

nice indeed strange case! I got to see buckley's the other day, that bike is sweet!Hey, aren't you a dinosaur?
    im so over seeing geekhouses. that company is run by a total asshat who never returns calls! hhahaha

so katty house that bike doing? collecting dust? hahahahride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    (I'll pretend you used the word 'how's' instead of 'house')

and I hate you, it is not collecting dust, i like to swiffer it off every once in a while. What am I supposed to ride it?

plus you're just jealous that you don't get one, cause Marty doesn't love you! HA, you don't get to ride it!<3 Katty Class
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

so at this point it's sorta old news but I just got some proper picture (ie non cellphone pictures..)

Side View
    I'm loving having two levers!

rear view...
    IRL the bars aren't slanted..

non-stock items:
    SPD pedals
    Open sport to Formula wheels
    Specialized bars w/ fizik tape and cross lever
    Bontager saddle
    Bontager hardcase tires
    Bontager race lite stem
    *blinkie
    why is there one levered hood and one leverless hood? also, why is your blinky white?You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    i love the lack of a 2nd drop lever, but still having the hood. cr00sh for diversified usage.

morgan, your bikes gets today's 'function over fashion' award
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008 edited

The LEDs inside the blinkie are red (I really like that trend actually, my vain side likes that it's clear when not in use)... and the leverless hood is there so I can ride on the hood (in a bullhorn like position), the lever was unneeded and probably woulda rattled, so I removed it..

*edit* Gary- "thank you, thank you so much! I'd like to thank my family for supporting me, the guys over at Ace Wheelworks, my fans, and god.." :-)
    i get using the hoods. i just don't get why one hood has a lever, while the other doesn't. 'cause the cable goes to the cross lever. or does it?

edit: nevermind. now the question is, why is there a cross lever?You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008 edited

The cable probably goes from the lever to the cross lever so there are two levers for one brake.. thats what those cross levers are usually for. so you can brake in either positionEverybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

yup, both levers are being used. The cable runs through the cross lever then under the bar tap and to the hood lever, that way I can brake in either position like Dan said..
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

I really like that shade of blue on the madison.

I finally confirmed my upcomming road bike.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    mrotown:I finally confirmed my upcomming road bike.

details?
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2008

Nothing exotic or super exciting, but very much within my modest budget and by all acounts, a serious value for my dollars. I would have prefered the other finish, but they're supposedly impossible to come by this year.

I'll probably end up building it with sram rival stuff I have floating around.

e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    ^ nice man. Congrats.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorgc

what would be tits would be to run two aero levers, each pulling a cable with a "london mod", then two cross levers. nothing like having 4 functional brake levers to one brake. these are the things of my dreams.gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch

i figure as long as everyone else is posting their geekhouse's ill post mine also even though i've had it for awhile now... but i did just build up a new wheelset for it..
    Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    ^damn it. Stop posting the pretty bikes marty has made for ya'll. It makes me want one, but I have no moneys.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    today was new bike day for me. still needs a little work, but it's functional and fast.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    ^what bike?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    i don't have any good pictures of it, but it's a team lemond carbon equipped with dura ace. it's older, so it's only got 6 in back. but i'm enjoying it thus far.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    @mrotown: 'nothing exotic or super exciting' BULLSHIT! you got a fucking cervelo. cervelos rule. i can't see the NDS on yours, but normally there is SO much bottom bracket shell i think it's beautiful. and all thick-tubed cervelos look good with deep rims (like zipps) *hint hint*
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

Any new bike is exciting. It's the less exotic aluminum one, and other than the downtube, most of the tubes are fairly standard. It just seems like cervelos are getting more and more common. It's a good bike for the bucks, but it's not going to get any double takes. I can't down with the zipps. I'm just too big of a guy I want a quiet bike. That and I can't stand gluing tubulars and zipp clinchers are just silly. You are right about the deep dish. I could see building something up with dt rr1.2 rims.

It will be nice just having something again.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

i really like the color of dan's geekhouse. The picture looks good, but it looks even better in the flesh.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorjacobs
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2008 edited

links fixed i think?
    ^nice. Why the center pull brakes?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2008 edited

http://www.imagehostingsite.com/images/yzqzjz4w3ywhwdrnnyym.jpg

http://www.imagehostingsite.com/images/nnikwmydotwjkkniz5wn.jpg

for some reason I can't see the pictures ur post jacob.. is anyone else not see em?

edit:
    Jacob- love the bike, I really like the cable routing. Nice colours
    estratton- they are cantilever, which is different than center pull. Commonly used on cross bike.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2008

damn, that paintjob is sexy!(moscow)