Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormur
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2008

after months of craigslist-ing and ebay-ing for all the necessary parts, the Fondriest is finally ready.

i'll probably crash it within the first week.~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008

Very nice, whats the componentry?dongpincher 1000
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008

^^nice dude. we need to start going on rides.

now, it's time to work on your polo bike;)I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    •  
      CommentAuthormur
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2008 edited

SRAM Rival levers/derailleurs/brakes.
    my only complain so far with SRAM is the lack of a centering adjustment screw on the brake calipers.~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    •  
      CommentAuthorPanameM
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008 edited

i know some people here now what this looks like, so ill just say what i have because i dont have any pictures.

matte black powdercoated 56 bareknuckle frame
    pink chris king threadless
    nitto pursuits (thanks pete!)
    sugino 75
    miche bb
    "frost blue" (haha) deep Vs
    brooks swift
    time atac aliums

(still looking for fizik arione and miche supertype seatpost)snow
    ^What color arione?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008 edited

my new biiiiike! rides like a DREAM.

my soon-to-be-new bike! only a double. not a triple. yay getting hit by cars!
    •  
      CommentAuthormur
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2008

aesthetically that mountain bike reminds me of this:
    ~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    • CommentAuthorgc

^^damn, you got it hooked up.gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

^^mur - don't ruin my fun! if i can't get an all-girl's team for the 24 hour race then you're going to be mud-hogging it with me on that thing.
    ^graham - yeah, it kinda rocks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPanameM

estratton:^What color arione?

all black would be nice, but im not too picky..snow
    @ Lauren - CONGRATS on the new rides. Try not to get hit anymore though.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2008

what'd you do, lauren? rob a bank?! way to go!
    If that specialized rides like a dream, all you must dream of is marshmallows.. :OBut the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKitty

PanameM:i know some people here now what this looks like, so ill just say what i have because i dont have any pictures.

sugino 75
    miche bb
    frost blue deep Vs
    brooks swift
    time atac aliums

(still looking for fizik arione and miche supertype seatpost)

dude, did i meet you the other day outside of my work?bake em' away, toys
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2008 edited

brunop:what'd you do, lauren? rob a bank?! way to go!

sold my car [mtn bike] and got hit by one [road bike]. and i work at a shop. so hooray for pro deals!

octopus magic:If that specialized rides like a dream, all you must dream of is marshmallows.. :O

clearly, that is not a ride for the streets. but it sure is dreamy rolling down rock faces and going over root tangles. some of us enjoy participating in a variety of cycling disciplines. :)

and ian's building me a legit track bike. it has the tiniest front triangle that i've ever seen. i don't think i've seen a true track geometry bike in my size before. i. am. pumped.
    PanameM:i know some people here now what this looks like, so ill just say what i have because i dont have any pictures.

sugino 75
    miche bb
    frost blue deep Vs
    brooks swift
    time atac aliums

(still looking for fizik arione and miche supertype seatpost)

haven't noticed anything except the black frame and 'frost blue' (is that what we're calling them now?) deep vs; but do you ride downtown?
    then again, i've seen a number (maybe 3?) bikes with atleast 1 'frost blue' deep v

ratattack:< i don't think i've seen a true track geometry bike in my size before. i. am. pumped.

you must not be looking very hard. i'll forward you any and all the small true track frames i come across.
    also, i'm not sure of the dimensions of the bike ian is building you, but 'true track geometry' seems to vary from size to size. rarely will there be a 49 or 50 with 75/75 angles i'm not sure on the geometry/physics of why that is or isn't a good idea/common thing, but with many manufacturers that turn out frames in a 56 or 58 will have angles of 75/75 (or close to it) but their 48 and 50 will be about a 73.5/73.5
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

no, i haven't been looking particularly hard. but i have never seen one.

and when presented with an awesome frame builder who wanted to build me a racing bike, i took him up on it.

it is a very tiny front triangle. my iro is too long for me and, clearly, the angles on this one are more steep. & obviously, i mean aggressive track geometry for a person who is 5'3". track geometry for an ~50cm bike.

the laws of geometry state that the angles inside of a triangle have to = 180*. i'm no bike designer, but if the angles are 75/75/30, that would limit the lengths the tubes can be. so i'm guessing you figure out what height and length you need, and then plug those numbers into formulas and try to get the angles as close as you can to the "ideal" geometry for whatever style of bike you're designing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPanameM

@ kitty Yes! i knew your name/ bike sounded familiar. yeah i was with miguel and we bumped into you innn front of peets. hey! ill stop by some time this week. i was going to come in but when i did there was a girl helping me clean up from a fall so i didnt really look around.

@ kilgore. yes i work downtown and have noticed the number of blue (mostly celeste) deep Vs and everytime im in southie, the pista w/ yellow wheelset. well i have a matching set b/c of an accident and it seemed easier to get two matching than 2 different ones. if it helps, i have the camo baileys and a white helmet.
    im guessing ive seen you around at least once? what do you ride?snow
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

^is it a large chrome pista? probably the one [and only] mr. colin green.
    @panamem: yes, lauren is correct, it is colin green (mncplfreedom). i ride a green mercier and wear a white helmet. who do you work for?
    •  
      CommentAuthorPanameM

@lauren, yes i believe it is. i keep seeing him around.
    @kilgore: do you have the cinelli cap? if so i think i saw you for a while at the bu erc a few months ago, and ttoday/last week..
    i work for Lasership. all of the people in the office are starting to annoy me/ freak me out by being really weird. other than that its pretty easy. how about you?

[edit] oh and im tje guy with the lasership-boston red jersey thats usually at newbury erc 2ishsnow
    yep. cinelli cap, green bike with bullhorns, white helmet. i went to bu and would go to that erc very rarely
    colin and i are both at city
    •  
      CommentAuthorPanameM

^yes i think i saw you earlier on drydock avve, same for colin at 1 harbor st.
    one of the few ttimes i went to bu erc during work, im pretty sure i saw you therc too, but that was a few weeks back.
    anyways, hi. ill say hi next time.snow
    •  
      CommentAuthorjacobs
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2008

most small bikes have very aggressive seat tube angles, track or not. it's the only way you can fit a 700c wheel in the back.

top tubes shorter than 50cm or so create big overlap/handling issues unless you use a smaller than 700c front wheel as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

jacobs:most small bikes have very aggressive seat tube angles, track or not. it's the only way you can fit a 700c wheel in the back.

I call bullshit on this one. I also don't feel like listing examples, but there are a crap ton of them out there. Prove otherwise, I dare you.

top tubes shorter than 50cm or so create big overlap/handling issues unless you use a smaller than 700c front wheel as well.

This is actually true, but who gives a care.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2008 edited

.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

You guys aren't bragging about new bikes.

I want a new bike to brag about...
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

I prematurely posted a picture of my new bike in frame form, but then I decided I should wait until I have it fully built.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    these words aren't new bikes.oppinions like kittens
    •  
      CommentAuthorjacobs
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2008

buckley!:
    jacobs:most small bikes have very aggressive seat tube angles, track or not. it's the only way you can fit a 700c wheel in the back.

I call bullshit on this one. I also don't feel like listing examples, but there are a crap ton of them out there. Prove otherwise, I dare you.

?

check the geometry of pretty much any production racing bike:

http://www.bianchiusa.com/08_b4p_s9_matta.html
    http://www.lookcycle.com/products/data/geometrie/geometrie555.pdf
    http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?sid=08Tarmac

they all get steeper as it gets under a 50cm.
    some companies claim they keep a 73 degree seat angle on their small bikes (cervelo for instance), but if you measure their frames they either make the chainstays longer or the seat tube steeper despite those claims. it's a space issue, without doing one of the two the wheel won't fit in that space.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2008 edited

More pictures tomorrow.

I nearly made it through the entire warm season without a road bike.
    Awesome.
    Lowest mileage year for me in a long time.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    • CommentAuthorLyzard
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2008

new ride i scored on craigslist a week ago:

basically a brand new '08 jamis sputnik with pedals.
    I had to get my own brake and changed out the drops to these riser bars I got for cheap at Cambridge Bicycle.
    53cm frame

ride

It's my first actual track frame with no freewheel.
    I've never loved commuting to work so much before.
    :-D
    • CommentAuthorLyzard
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2008

oh yah. After I took the drops off and put on these risers I realized how ridiculously high the drops were.
    So now I need to cut the fork tube down and take off those spacers.

(I might try some different drops before I cut though.)
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2008

You want to cut that tube anyway. Whoever had it last was lazy or really wanted to ride a bike that didn't fit.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

Finally
    Cyfac Cadence from La Fuye, France
    Sram Rival
    Thompson stem and post
    fsa bars
    dt swiss 240 hubs, rr 1.1 rims

e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthoradam

nice.
    wat is that made of?oppinions like kittens
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

http://www.veloeuropa.com/cyfac/page29/page35/page35.html

"Using the world's most advanced T800H carbon fibre tube sections with an advanced 3K carbon weave, Double Stay 2 carbon rear triangle, and full-carbon fork. "e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    i've said it before, and i'll say it again:

lugged carbon is the sexiest thing ever.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

Those other pictures are kind of crappy.
    e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    square tt? wat floor you live on? nice bike.oppinions like kittens
    mr mrotown, was that built specifically for you using the cyfac custom fitting system?

either way it's a great looking bike.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2008

Nah, the cadence is sort of a scaled down version of the gothica, which is the custom flagship. I'd have to spend mad coin for the custom. This was hard enough for me to swing. I have had the cyfac fitting done and this is set pretty much to those numbers.

Fantastic bike thus far.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    Fuck yeah, team french carbon bikes in the hizzouse!But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    new bike day for fist:

Fistipl0x:new bike day for fist:

suicide welds, good luck with that!<3 Katty Class
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2008

^i heart schwalbe tyres.
    Fistipl0x:new bike day for fist:

very sexy handsome! hows the shoulder?HUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthor0x000000
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2008

nice (water)melons babywhat does he commute to clowntown on that thing