Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2015

sweet!"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2015 edited

Nandy:
    Moustache rides FTW.
    Are you going to put vestigal levers on it? I ♥ mine.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Ehh, maybe someday, I'm pretty happy with it now."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Dude, that Raleigh is so rad. I remember fondly the search for WTF that frame was when we first saw it. I'm glad that didn't just end up in the BNB trash! Bonus points for the Tall Cool One.

And we need some action shots of someone riding it.

The Surlys are dope too, albeit no-nonsense by comparison.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Oh there were some giant guys riding it around the square today, sadly I didn't get a video. I hope I don't look as weird on it as they did. It actually fits me pretty well, though those bars/stem make it a little long."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

Dude I'm so glad to see this built up, wish I could have built/ridden it
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2015

i built a 17lb bike (60cm) from mostly take-offs and warranty parts from work for under $200

•  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2015

i'm calling the schwinn enforcers.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2015

The freds are wearing off on you."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2015

surprisefries:HOLLER

the only boss worth listening to :)
    so glad it went to an awesome homeMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    I'm so happy to look at that sticker every day.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2015

What are those bars? Looks good!"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Nittos powdered by Geekhouse!

I am having a bear of a time getting the saddle position right but other than that it's so so sweet.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2015

i just got nittos powered by hub. would powder again.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

^what kind/what color?

^^it is p upright, it took me a bit to adjust my saddle tooMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

^uhhhh...the upright/mustache-ish ones for jeanne's tiny bike. just black.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2015

ive wanted this for a long time, my back will thank me later

Looking good.. You put brakes on this one, huh?
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut

this is how i bought it, not sure how i plan to build it up
    • CommentAuthorJimi

Not a *new* bike but, YAY! it's done, for the most part. Last fall I started giving it a make-over. now the only original parts are the crank and wheels.

Hi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    ^ BOOM!

Oh, and Evan. Yeah. Is nice.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Looking good Jimi.
    Jimi:Not a *new* bike but, YAY! it's done, for the most part. Last fall I started giving it a make-over. now the only original parts are the crank and wheels.

cool barz!
    I guess it won't officially be new bike day until Wednesday for me, but I set out to buy one cheap mountain bike and somehow ended up buying two bikes.

That's what my wife gets for going out of town.
    • CommentAuthorJimi
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2015

fffens:
    Jimi:Not a *new* bike but, YAY! it's done, for the most part. Last fall I started giving it a make-over. now the only original parts are the crank and wheels.

cool barz!

thanks, made by vision. courtesy of rmull.Hi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2015

Stinky Cheez:I guess it won't officially be new bike day until Wednesday for me, but I set out to buy one cheap mountain bike and somehow ended up buying two bikes.

That's what my wife gets for going out of town.

Ssssshhh, just never bring them all out at the same time and she'll never notice.
    I subscribe to the theory that once you can manage to get past three bikes, you're home free, because she stops noticing when you add another one. When you get the third, it was "uggh, three bikes?" but as soon as you add the fourth, it becomes "Uggh, all those bikes."::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    Normally I suspect that would work, but I made the mistake of buying a flashier bike than my usual ratty collection. Thankfully I have a few places I can stash it until I get the parts I need for it that can't be swapped over from my current CXish bike. I'll use the time to come up with an argument on why it was a totally sensible purchase/build a storage rack.

Stupid attempt at lowballing a seller. Who knew it would work? I should have gone lower!!!
    I am allegedly selling my IF to make room and money for Dora's Surly that I bought, but now I think I am getting away with not doing that.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    JUST FUCKING SELL IT OR RIDE IT BROYO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2015

KEEP IT, IT'S COOL

Also, all you people need to get life partners who also have a bike problem so you can just enable each other without feeling guilty."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Yes, I also don't think you should sell the IF, you need a road bike. if anything sell the langster."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    I am way too sentimentally attached to that langster. I have 2 road bikes though, and I can't sell the other one because it's technically not mine. And I don't have time to road ride because breeder. But thank you for the enabling, y'all! Except you, smElla.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2015 edited

New bikes day!

Top is my new Tomii with 11spd ultegra, enver bars + stem, and White Industry CLD hubs laced to H+Sons. Bottom is a Ridge Racing funny bike that I submit as a contender for clown town.

Technically I built the TT bike up about 8 years ago, but it's been sitting in a storage unit in South Carolina until yesterday.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

MORE, CLOSER PHOTOS, PLZ. BETTER LIGHT, TOO."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2015

Oh cool it's a "Stampede" cross bike. Is it custom, or did you get it off one of them?
    • CommentAuthorben

Nandy:MORE, CLOSER PHOTOS, PLZ. BETTER LIGHT, TOO.
    A) Click the photo (it's a link to a larger image)
    B) The forum image was A LOT bigger on my computer at home. Edited now.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorben

ryan t:Oh cool it's a "Stampede" cross bike. Is it custom, or did you get it off one of them?
    Custom, just didn't have the funds to build it until now.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    Nice ballsack!You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2015

Actual glamor shots to come."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

Dude sick
    SEW SIKKDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

PurtyWorstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2015

Nice!"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2015 edited

Bought something for my mom
    STRNAD frame, custom frame from a CT frame builder, Stainless steel Columbus Metax tubes
    full campy chorus 9 speed

album
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2015

Huh, been seeing that on craigslist. Neat!"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

This is the same mom who lives in a town with only one hill, for whom you were going to buy a 3-speed?

I hope your mom appreciates what a nice whip that is. If I see her tooling around on that thing with bum bars, I'm going to have to mug her for it and give her a Huffy.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Also, please get your mom some nicer pedals. Those are killing my boner.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut

the very one, but i hear there are hills in the town over

any suggestions on pedals, i dont think she will be into clipless
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

At least some silver MKS pedals would look good, I don't imagine she'd want clips, either. You could always get her the 3 speed cruiser as well and get her started on a reasonable collection."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    kossmonaut:the very one, but i hear there are hills in the town over

any suggestions on pedals, i dont think she will be into clipless

You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?