Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorowen
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009

if you do it in the dark of night with a good bunch of people you shouldn't worry too much about it. You'd be surprised how little the general public cares about someone who appears to be stealing a bike (which is normally a bad thing, but good in this situation). I stole mine back in Porter Sq. on a fairly busy Saturday night with a cordless grinder which made all sorts of loud noise and sparks. I got maybe one weird look, but that was the worst of it.

stealing bikes in NYCDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    wow...wtfsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

yeah, i've angle grinded a couple of locks off in back bay for work. no one made a peep. somehow i doubt that you'd raise a stir in what, allston?
    •  
      CommentAuthortravisW

dora:aw thanks graham, i appreciate it. luckily jeff is going on tour tomorrow for three weeks and is letting me ride his bike while he's away. that should give me enough time to kill the person that stole my bike (one of tali's friends) and hopefully get a new one. also luckily nothing else was taken. except my U-lock. why would someone take a U-lock that they don't have the key for?!?!?! you coming to the show tonight? you should!!

that's rad you got your bike back, dude! you totally won. vigilante style all the way :)
    when someone stole my steamroller last month, they stole my ulock too.boooyah
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009 edited

DannyRocks:
    does she know about the bike yet?
    say you found a camera/iphone/ipod/etc
    don't bother with the cops,

thats a really good idea but she does know about the bike. i was freaking out in the morning to one of my roomies before i left and by the time i got home the rest of them knew about it.
    yea, eff the cops. i have the paperwork with the serial number and everything so if there's a problem if/when i find it and take it back, i'll be all set.

TravisW
    that is shitty, dude :/ i'm sorry to hear you were/are in the same boat. did you ever find it/find out who took it?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthormauspad
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009

just saw this on lemmingtrail:

http://www.stolenbikesboston.com/
    •  
      CommentAuthortravisW
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009

mauspad:just saw this on lemmingtrail:

http://www.stolenbikesboston.com/
    beat me to itboooyah
    i love that the icon is just a locked up QR wheel.

anyway, hopefully that'll help some people outDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorBRlAN Q G
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009 edited

Long shot I know, but I just got off the phone with my friend Jen and apparently her Maroon Fuji Sagres conversion was stolen at Cleveland Circle less than an hour ago. She had a pink chain on it, black risers with gray-ish grips. It was relatively small, probably 50cm or less. Nothing on the bike was that valuable/expensive, but stolen bikes still really, really suck. It was locked up to a pole while she was inside a restaurant (Fins), but apparently the cable lock she was using was cut.

If anyone sees this, do me a favor and post or call me 631-five one seven-0181. She just really wants the bike back. :(

Here is a picture of the the exact frame/color of her bike, except, like I said, her's was a conversion with risers,plastic toe cages, and no rear rack.

• CommentAuthorBRlAN Q G
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009

ALSO: The crank arms were mismatched. Drive side was an unknown silver crank and non-drive side crank arm was a black bulletproof (I believe).
    whaaaat fuck that, I'm going to take a look around
    • CommentAuthorboogmero
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2009

hello there,

the above stolen bike is mine. :(
    i've been feeling super bummed all day and can't sleep now because of it..

a couple more info about my bike,
    it has a pink chain, a grey bandana on the top tube, and a black basket with a missing screw.

please if you spot it call me @ 646.756.9783...!

-jen 8'(

thanks!
    • CommentAuthorgemathy
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2009

boston police twitter will tweet and retweet stolen bike alerts. just another way to get the word out.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

fucking thieving bastards >:(Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorKid

I'm gunna start hooking my lock up to a 12 volt and start electrocuting thieves. That should teach 'em.
    • CommentAuthorphophiend
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009

I just asked my neighbor about his new *expensive looking* bike--he didn't seem like a big bike person to me so I asked him where he got it. Dude told me that he got them from a guy on the street (Windsor street in Cambridge) who had stolen so many bikes that he had a whole room for them in his house. In fact, this guy had so many bikes that he HAD to start getting rid of them due to space constraints! HE WASN'T EVEN SELLING THEM! All of these stolen bikes were in his house, just collecting dust.

I am looking into things now, but I was totally dumbfounded. Lock up those bikes!
    ^good luck to you with the looking into things, for real.

i've been following the stolen bikes twitter feed and it is depressing.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2009

dude needs a serious fucking beat down ^Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2009 edited

this is very recent..

keep your eyes out posted for a Cannondale CAAD-9 frame, in raw/silver color built as a commuter...

Size 52 frame
    SRAM Force Crankset, Brakeset
    SRAM Three Speed rear wheel
    Bottom bracket mount chain guide being used as a tensioner
    Easton Carbon Handlebars to short Thomson MTB stem
    Possibly a carbon water cage as a bar mount coffee holder
    Specialized Lo-pro mag flat pedals
    •  
      CommentAuthormur
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2009

friend of mine just had his bike stolen.
    Trek 920 set up as a commuter with slicks. HUP United stickers on it.
    if you see it, please contact me.
    too-won-sex phive-too-sex too-sex-ate-phive~(..,)~ (oYo) make whoopee not war (oYo) ~(..,)~
    edited
    PS: not sure if this is your bike, he is selling it as a CAAD5, not a CAAD9. This may be a false positive, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
    • CommentAuthortara k
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2009

I think that color is denim too, not the clear finish.
    Good eye though!
    Everything looks like a stolen bike after reading the stolen bike twitter alerts.
    Need to rig up one of those flame thrower car alarms
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/232777.stm
    •  
      CommentAuthortravisW
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2009

Can we please set up a sting operation? We leave out a decently nice bike in central. Put some type of lock. and wait. when some one steals it, we will follow them to their house or wherever. then we will beat the sh!t out of them, and brand them with cogs (and if anyone has metal working skilz, we can make a "BIKE THIEF" brand. We are going to need:

-Niceish bike
    -crappy lock
    -some fancy cameras with nice low light lenses
    -sketchy panel van
    -propane torch
    -night visions goggles would be nice
    -and vengeance

oh and PBRboooyah
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2009

^^^thanks reid & carol, but that's not dave's bike. appreciate you posting about it, though.
    • CommentAuthornward
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009 edited

Someone just grabbed my maroon 80s Trek out of my garage in Oak Square, in Brighton. Maroon steel 80's Trek with bright yellow BMX platform's and moustache bars and a rack on the back (with gears, not fixed). Girlfriend say's she saw three black guys grab it and ride off down Washington st but is sorry they can ride faster than she can run. Anyways, if anyone sees it, feel free to punch these guys in the face.
    • CommentAuthornward
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009

Anyways, if you are in the area make sure you stuff is locked up tight, they tried to get someone elses bike as well when they were walking the street.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJeremiah
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2009

Damn that sucks!! this is my neighborhood too. I'll keep my eyes open. Were they kids?IRO-Torro
    • CommentAuthornward
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2009

Kids? It actually seemed like they knew exactly what they were doing. Walked down the driveway in the middle of the day calling out "hello, jimmy are you home, ect" Acting like they knew who lived here and were looking for their buuddy. On a normal day there are 3 or 4 bikes in the garage, there were three guys who came and each one tried to grab a different bike. One was locked, one was left over from someone who lived here in the past and was not in ridable condition and one was unlocked. They got the one that was unlocked, made it halfway down the driveway with the broken bike before abandoning it and didn''t bother with the one that was locked. Anyways the point is, it didn't seem like some kids just making trouble or looking for a free easy ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthortravisW

how inhumane would it be to put a small wireless explosive device in the sadle of a steal-able bike? the boom. i guarantee they wouldn't have the balls to steal a bike again! (get it)

second through it to put in an ink+pepper spray sprayer in the stem.boooyah
    • CommentAuthortristan

A friend of mine had her bike stolen just a few minutes ago in somerville. Fuckers cut down the tree it was locked to.

Anyhow, it was a Ladies Trek 8000 MTB, it was blue with red lettering and red rims. On the saddle, in the back, they added a "G" to where it says "race," so it spells "Grace."

If you see this, please throw a lock on it.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    cut down a tree? jesus christ.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009

trizzt:A friend of mine had her bike stolen just a few minutes ago in somerville. Fuckers cut down the tree it was locked to.

Anyhow, it was a Ladies Trek 8000 MTB, it was blue with red lettering and red rims. On the saddle, in the back, they added a "G" to where it says "race," so it spells "Grace."

If you see this, please throw a lock on it.

HAHAHAhahha!!! omg!
    i'm sorry for laughing but that's just so ridiculous! what's with the fucking bike theft lately??!?

i'll keep an eye out for all of yer bikes. shit sucks!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthortara k
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2009

^^^Her bike has contracted an STD
    http://southbend.craigslist.org/bik/1310649092.html
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2009

The cut-tree bike has been recovered!
    Friend's husband was running on the minute man, about an hour out from Somerville. He spotted the bike dumped in the woods, grabbed it, and ran it home.

Unbelievable.ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

that rules!!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    dora:that rules!!
    You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorrudolph

That is one of the most unlikely and wonderful stories I've ever heard.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2009 edited

so i know who stole my bike. i'm gunna assemble a posse and knock on his door wish me luck. he's the biggest scum bag ever, hopefully he doesn't have like, guns and shit.Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2009

^FUCK SHIT UP!!!!!! Seriously though, bring a big posse, and remember to say please and thank you.

also remember violence can never be undone...this wont hurt a bit...
    • CommentAuthorunit

^^Hey if you need another person count me in...what time were you looking to head over? how did you find out?
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

bring mace.MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel

Fuck yeah.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel

Also, why was tree-cut bike ran home???Fuck yeah.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2009 edited

definitely gunna bring a big posse. i'm just gunna tell this dude that he can either a) just give me my bike and we'll all leave peacefully or b) put up a fight which will resulting in us breaking his face, grabbing the bike and calling the cops (boo) to have him arrested. i'm sincerely hoping he'll go for the former.
    graham i'm not sure exactly when we'll go. but i'll definitely be in touch, or you'll probably be at my house anyway. i know cuz someone that i know saw this dude with it.
    mace is a good idea. isn't it illegal? or is that pepper spray? maybe i'll stop by the army navy store on my way home, i know they sell whichever of the two that is legal.
    FSU!Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorunit

make sure you get the one that fires in a narrow stream...I like my eyes not on fire
    ^^Consider plotting with greater discretion. I hope all goes well.

[:|][all your base are belong to us]
    • CommentAuthorCarter

I've got my fingers crossed Dora. I really hope you get your ride back.It's not francois' fault that you weren't looking hard enough.