Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

eburgers:I am eagerly anticipating more murder poetry pieces

GOLDEN MEETS HAMMER
    POOCH DOOM, PET BLOOD ON ALPO
    SILENCE OF THE DOGSAll you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2013

THESE JOKES MAY NOT BE FOR YOU
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

OH SHIT SEDISHKU
    SPAM BOTS PETS GET HURT AND MURKED
    FIVE SEVEN FIVE BITCHWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2013 edited

Bump for the important stuff.

Stormy Arthur:Friends bike was stolen today in Jp, between 12 and 4. Sections of the porch were cut out to get the locked bike. See here for a picture: http://instagram.com/p/gRKQDaRb-9/

LoveBuzz:Hey everyone,
    Had my 2012 Cinelli Vigorelli stolen from Danehey Park over by Sherman St. It was locked up to a thick black chain that unbeknownst to me could be lifted off its hinges, so until my U-Lock is effectively removed, it will be hanging from the too tube.
    The frame is 54cm black and yellow, with Cinelli in big white block lettering, with Vigorelli in white across the top tube. It has a Sugino Zen Chainring and Sugino 47 crank arm with baskets with yellow leather straps, Miche Picardo rims, Thomson setback seat post attached to a red Fizik Aliante saddle, a Thomson elite 31 stem with a bell as a spacer and Cinelli Mash handlebars with Cinelli black bar tape.

If anyone sees it, please email me at muccigreg@gmail.com or jump kick the prick off the bike (unless he has a black Freight Bag and a Superb cycling cap because that's me).
    Thanks.
    We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorBlitz

Oh no, not haiku...
    I have nothing to chip in.
    Have a super day!
    joeyfresh:Bump for the important stuff.

Stormy Arthur:Friends bike was stolen today in Jp, between 12 and 4. Sections of the porch were cut out to get the locked bike. See here for a picture: http://instagram.com/p/gRKQDaRb-9/

LoveBuzz:Hey everyone,
    Had my 2012 Cinelli Vigorelli stolen from Danehey Park over by Sherman St. It was locked up to a thick black chain that unbeknownst to me could be lifted off its hinges, so until my U-Lock is effectively removed, it will be hanging from the too tube.
    The frame is 54cm black and yellow, with Cinelli in big white block lettering, with Vigorelli in white across the top tube. It has a Sugino Zen Chainring and Sugino 47 crank arm with baskets with yellow leather straps, Miche Picardo rims, Thomson setback seat post attached to a red Fizik Aliante saddle, a Thomson elite 31 stem with a bell as a spacer and Cinelli Mash handlebars with Cinelli black bar tape.

If anyone sees it, please email me at muccigreg@gmail.com or jump kick the prick off the bike (unless he has a black Freight Bag and a Superb cycling cap because that's me).
    Thanks.

I'm normally all for derailing threads but this is one that should stay on topic.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2013

Brett D. asked me to post this for him, I don't know the person who owned this bike .:

"A friend's *very* small black Jamis Ventura sport was stolen last night in Brookline.

-Black Jamis Ventra sport (road frame) with white+blue accents -White handlebar tape -slammed stem with a large amount of risers/uncut stem above. -white vittoria zaffiro pro (I think) tires, may have been 650c wheels -seatpost rack, rear fender -plastic toe cages.

Given the very small frame size I have at least some hope it may stand out a bit. If you come across a Craigslist/Ebay listing or something, please let me know ASAP.""life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    ^Just got that email too.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2013 edited

A very close friend just got her bike stolen at Haviland and Mass Ave by Berkeley. Her ulock was acting wonky last night, so she was using a cable lock for this morning and damned if it didn't get immediately cut.
    It is a blue Cannondale road bike with a rack on the back. Please keep an eye out. I will post a picture as soon as I have one.
    What should I do besides checking Craigslist? She already filed a report with Berkeley campus police.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorenduroryda
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2013 edited

Stolen out of my car on Mindoro St. Mission Hill area. 2008 Black Specialized Epic with blue trim, red Ouri grips, Red brake line, Fox front susp., Kenda rear tire with Mavic Rim, Italia Flite seat. Thief did not get front rim as it was locked in my trunk. Big reward if you can lead me to my bike. Thanks for any help!

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee6/enduroryda/6c451a7d-c180-41ab-842c-a385f0744f58.jpg
    enduroryda:Stolen out of my car on Mindoro St. Mission Hill area. 2008 Black Specialized Epic with blue trim, red Ouri grips, Red brake line, Fox front susp., Kenda rear tire with Mavic Rim, Italia Flite seat. Thief did not get front rim as it was locked in my trunk. Big reward if you can lead me to my bike. Thanks for any help!

somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2013

joeyfresh:A very close friend just got her bike stolen at Haviland and Mass Ave by Berkeley. Her ulock was acting wonky last night, so she was using a cable lock for this morning and damned if it didn't get immediately cut.
    It is a blue Cannondale road bike with a rack on the back. Please keep an eye out. I will post a picture as soon as I have one.
    What should I do besides checking Craigslist? She already filed a report with Berkeley campus police.

email all the bike shops in town
    Thanks Seanile Mick for getting the pic to post up! and thanks everyone for keeping an eye out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2013 edited

Did that tiny igleheart from a while back get recovered? It's locked at the Charles/mgh station.

UPDATE: she just recovered it about a month ago, so it's all good."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2013

anyone missing a black Raleigh One Way? talked to a guy today that had one and had no idea how much it was worth, mentioned staying at the pine street in occasionally...
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2013

BOXCAR WILLIE"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentAuthorretirement
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2014

hey guys, i know I haven't posted on here in awhile (seeing as i now live in NYC),

but if anyone has come across my schwinn america paint job-ed pursuit bike (700c in rear, 24" in front) with a dura ace group on it and riser bars,

i'd love to know. it was stolen around June-August - 2011in Allston (long shot, I know, but it's a super distinct bike)

if you have ANY leads or info, please hit up my email: chrstophr.el@gmail.com
    • CommentAuthorretirement

retirement:

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's a Schwinn Prologue Time Trial Pursuit frame. it's got a bunch of old, 6-speed dura ace 7400 stuff - DA 7400 dt shifters, da 7400 brake calipers, da 7400 cranks, da rear wheel, but the same campy 650c front wheel pictured above, and a white rando tire on the rear - same handlebars and brake levers, and plastic mtb pedals. Also has got those planet bike strap-on fenders

It was stolen outside of 31 Pratt St. in Allston (near BU).

if you have ANY information at all, or any leads to where you i can get my bike back PLEASE call:

Chris A Lee
    at 408 398 7581
    email: chrstophr.el@gmail.com

any time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

^want another funny bike?
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2014 edited

I've seen that bike in Union Sq (albeit with a different setup), but it's been a couple years. For some reason I'm remembering it belonging to one of the twin bros Patrick or Andy...
    • CommentAuthordoug?

Nope, Pat doesn't own that (or at least didn't last time I talked to him about bikes a few months ago) and Andy moved to NYC a few years ago.
    I've seen one of these in front of the Independent quite a few times though. Maybe Brian Hollingwhatever, I've seen him on a goofy old tt bike before, and it matches up with the time his ladyfriend was working at the Indo. Last time this topic came up it was mentioned that there were at least two of them in Boston.
    The one is union is Vadims, I once free locked it thinking it was retirements.Take-off everything but your rainboots
    • CommentAuthorjm1105
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2014 edited

Hey everyone, I had my bike stolen from the basement of a house in Allston near Harvard/Brighton Ave.

It's a women's white Schwinn Searcher 8-speed hybrid bike with purple lettering on the frame. It has black Planet Bike fenders, as well as two single-bulb LED lights that velcro on the frame (one on the handlebars, one on the frame under the seat). The support wires of the fenders are bent a little bit on both the front and back fenders. The back fender is zip-tied, not screwed, onto the frame. I'm not sure of the exact size, but it fits a person who is 5'4".

Picture here since I'm having issues with my < img > html tag and can't display it properly within the thread.

Reach me at (617) 652-0392.
    jm1105:
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Make sure you include how you want to be contacted if it's foundsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2014

STOLEN from lower allston: Blue Gitane Track bike. No brakes. Riser bars. Campy cranks. Plastic saddle. If anyone finds it, let me know! I'll put up pics today. 516-639-9626MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

This is how it currently looks besides the fact that it now has a chrome Spicer track fork on it. $$$ Reward if found!

MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

damn dude, that blows.

what are the particulars of the theft? porch? inside? outside? i'm in lower allston too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

inside my apartment building (in the front door, up the stairs, parked next to my apartments door,) unlocked. i've been parking it there for 5+ years.MUFFDVR
    From FB: "IF you see a tiny (650 wheels) fuji classic track bike with gold rims and SPD pedals around town, let Hannah or I know asap and/or throw a lock on that shit! Stolen from BU area this evening."

Posted by Chris M, bike belongs to Hannah C-R - I don't have contact info for either of them, but FB tells me many of you know them.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2014 edited

[removed for redundancy]::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorcmcintosh
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2014

My girlfriend's bike was just stolen around BU this evening- within like twenty minutes of being unattended.
    2010 Fuji Classic, white, SPDs, 43cm and 650 gold deep V wheels- easy to spot being so tiny. Also has hard gearing so I can't imagine a thief going far with it.

Call or text!
    508 409 9566
    Went to Bike Party. Stopped by work for a drink after Bike Party. Start riding home. Realize I left face ask at work. Ears start to hurt. Decide to take Red Line rest of way home. Quasi sketchy looking dude gets on train (which is almost empty). and sits across from me at end of car. I get up to get off at Davis. As my back is turned to him I hear him say something, which includes the word "bike." I ignore him. Just as we pull into station, he comes up me and says, "Dude, didn't you hear me?" I say nothing, but just look at him." He says something about "You going to be leaving that bike with me." Doors open. I start to walk out. He grabs rear wheel, and tries to pull my bike back into the train. I yank it away from him. Doors close. I note which car it is, and look for MBTA personal to notify them of incident. No one to be found. I ride home.

Part of me wishes he had managed to pull me/bike back onto train. I took Shotokan Karate for almost 5 years. I've been a bounce at bars for over 10 years. I had a u-lock in my back pocket. I would have loved to have beaten that dude to a pulp for trying that shit. Will report it to MBTA tomorrow.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2014 edited

Holy shit, Chris! Good that you managed to avoid an altercation, but too bad that this asshole will presumably try it again tomorrow. Hopefully the T police will be on the lookout. I think they'll take it seriously since it was an actual potentially violent threat and physical grab and not just a theft of a parked bike.

In other news, I'm bummed that I missed Bike Party last night. I didn't even remember to check when it was coming up because it feels like the last one happened so recently!::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    pocky:Holy shit, Chris! Good that you managed to avoid an altercation

even though he deserved a beating.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorcmcintosh
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2014

that's a new approach to bike thievery. also, not very effective attempting to enforce it as you're leaving the train. I often find myself wishing I could ever use my black belt kenpo education in real life, but it's so much nicer not to have to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2014

chr|s sedition:Went to Bike Party. Stopped by work for a drink after Bike Party. Start riding home. Realize I left face ask at work. Ears start to hurt. Decide to take Red Line rest of way home. Quasi sketchy looking dude gets on train (which is almost empty). and sits across from me at end of car. I get up to get off at Davis. As my back is turned to him I hear him say something, which includes the word "bike." I ignore him. Just as we pull into station, he comes up me and says, "Dude, didn't you hear me?" I say nothing, but just look at him." He says something about "You going to be leaving that bike with me." Doors open. I start to walk out. He grabs rear wheel, and tries to pull my bike back into the train. I yank it away from him. Doors close. I note which car it is, and look for MBTA personal to notify them of incident. No one to be found. I ride home.

Part of me wishes he had managed to pull me/bike back onto train. I took Shotokan Karate for almost 5 years. I've been a bounce at bars for over 10 years. I had a u-lock in my back pocket. I would have loved to have beaten that dude to a pulp for trying that shit. Will report it to MBTA tomorrow.

glad you walked away with our bike and without so much as a bruise... woulda been awesome if you had pedaled over the Alewife real quick to meet him with a face fulla u-lock (or mtba cops) as he got off at the next stop (that's the only stop after davis right?)....
    • CommentAuthorcmcintosh
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2014

HANNAH'S FUJI HAS BEEN FOUND! Bike ended up master-locked on Hemenway St, sketchy ass fenway dudes
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

VICTORY!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

so there is hope! now, someone help me find mines. $$$REWARD$$$

fmradio516:This is how it currently looks besides the fact that it now has a chrome Spicer track fork on it. $$$ Reward if found!

MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthortinhat

Just got a call at the shop from someone in Providence who had their Trek Madone stolen. She says it's around a 50cm, white and light blue, serial number WCU233CT123D. I have her number, but not posting it for obvious reasons.
    ^got that call too.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Bobruef:Post title says it all.

Stolen sat. If you see it, I'd live a heads up.

Black 55cm frame, Pursuit horns, blue rims, sugino crank

Http://imgur.com/SCUzC3D
    'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    killersim:
    Bobruef:Post title says it all.

Stolen sat. If you see it, I'd live a heads up.

Black 55cm frame, Pursuit horns, blue rims, sugino crank

FTFYclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorBobruef
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2014

Had my bike stolen from Boston Medical Center while working the overnight Sat 3/22. Would appreciate a heads up if anyone sees it out in the wild.

Thanks!

•  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

i stole it and sold it to nuben. sry.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I saw this post on reddit too, sorry your bike was stolen.

Davis, aren't you in the market for a few more steel track bikes to commute on?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

can't tell if dig or not.
    • CommentAuthorcroth
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2014

Jamis Sonik

There have been some recent spottings of a white Jamis Sonik downtown/chinatown that seem a bit suspicious. I can't figure out how to search a specific thread, so does anyone know of one missing?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2014

(he's black is what he's trying to say)