Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

ed: got Sonik and FujiTarckPro mixed up, disregard

Also, has anyone lost a Specialized Globe or know someone who has? There's one that has been rattlecanned white locked up on the same staircase in the South end for a week. Sometimes there, sometimes not, but always in the same place.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorcroth
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2014

well, nuggs, that not exactly what i was saying.

yes, the one time I saw it, there was a black guy on it. but two or three other people mentioned seeing it and thought it was a little suspicious, not because there was a black guy on it, but that it was with or near a group of people that look a lot like the junkies we see down here on the regular. whenever something goes missing down here, that's the first place we look, and several bikes have been recovered within the hour because of it. perhaps these dudes weren't even junkies, but there's a lot of them down here, all colors, and it seemed suspicious. that's all i was saying.

please don't put words in my mouth, or imply I'm racist.
    dude, N-ross, you just got CROTH'd.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    Exceptionally eloquent. Bravo.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2014

...junkies can ride bikes too?
    • CommentAuthordoug?
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2014

And he's spanging during rush hour every day, so it's not like he's lacking a source of income to buy a sick fixie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2014 edited

on this note a customer who isn't white and wears baggy clothing told me that he got put in handcuffs today because it was assumed that he had stolen the bike he was riding. it's an expensive bike that he bought new.

though i don't mean to say that croth is condemning the dude riding the sonik because of his race, we shouldn't ignore the fact that white people often believe people of color with expensive stuff must have stolen it.
    did someone steal a ghost bike?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2014

^Low blow.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2014 edited

I was serious. It looks exactly like all the ghost bikes ive seen put up, right down to the basketsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Um, I know. I meant that it's a low blow for somebody to steal and try to sell a ghost bike.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    ah, thought you were sayin my ghost bike accusation was a lowblow.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkjelgaard

kjelgaard:My Simoncini was stolen out of my apartment building in Allston Saturday or Sunday.

It was a red and chrome frame with mostly black shimano parts. If anyone sees it please let me know, it belonged to my dad and is around 30 years old... I'd feel terrible if it was converted to crack cocaine.

PM me for my phone number if you know anything.
    UPDATE i got it back, 2 years 10 months laterhttp://www.fanfiction.net/s/800170/1/EVANGELION_NEXUS
    story!somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

Yes. lets hear it.MUFFDVR
    ^+^^ +1. Awesome!

IIRC that looks like the ghost bike that is/was? at Mass Ave and Vassar. Haven't been by there in a bit, not sure if that one is still there.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorgastronomin
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2014 edited

This is ridiculous because this bike was stolen around 2 years ago but oh well.

2009 Fuji Track Pro, I think it's a 56

White Vader saddle (cheap Chinese brand mocking San Marco)
    Black Sugino cranks and chainring
    Black Velocity Deep V's laced to stock Red Line hubs
    White taped Vision bullhorn handlebars
    The most notable thing about the bike is that the stock fork was drilled out for a brake and at the time I was riding it was equipped with a brake.

I have long since given up on ever seeing my bb again but I've seen enough "found my stolen bike after x years" posts to give it a shot.

This bike was stolen from Creighton street in JP (down the same street as CAPTAIN NEMOS!) when a beam of my porch was sawed off to 'relieve' my bike.and then the time will come when you add up the numbers
    • CommentAuthormfratt
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2014

There was a guy trying to hawk a Fuji (Classic or Feather, or something similar) by Downtown Crossing today. It was tiny, maybe a 49cm, fixed, white with white deep v's, platform pedals. Sorry for the lack of details, I had just gotten clipped by a car and was fixing my derailleur. He came up to me trying to sell it for forty bucks... the dude was a jacked latino man with prison tattoos, so I wasn't about to try to take it from him. I said "Yo, that thing is stolen, I'm not touching that." In hindsight, I should have given him the $40, and then found its owner, but too late for that. Not sure this is all that helpful, but just a heads up I guess.
    Someone lost a feather recently! they posted on the boston bike party facebook page.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthormfratt
    • CommentTimeMay 28th 2014

Craigglesofdoom:Someone lost a feather recently! they posted on the boston bike party facebook page.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for that one as well. The one I saw this morning was white though.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinhat
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2014

I just had my red All-City Mr. Pink stolen, only about a month after I built it up. It's an unusual mix of parts, so I'm hoping that'll help identify it, but I don't have much hope of getting it back.

58cm Mr. Pink from All-City, red with white accents
    Williams Cycling wheels
    VO Milan (swept-back) handlebars with first gen XTR pod shifters (8 speed)
    Paul racer brakes
    Sram Rival cranks
    white SPD pedals
    XTR rear derailler, Ultegra front derailler
    VO set-back seatpost with saddlebag

Thanks
    If anyone sees a pink Swobo SS MTB with gold Phil hubs, it was taken from Hub today.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2014

Saw a silver specialized ss /fixed gear, bullhorns with white wrap pitched backwards and two interrupt levers, ace wheelworks sticker, parked behind the CVS on main st in Watertown, it was sketchily obscured behind a shopping cart. It might belong to someone working in the area that forgot their lock, but it's shady enough that I figured I would post it here. I will try to upload a picture later today."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentAuthorafacini
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2014

Hi all,

Sorry to say this is my first post - didn't know about you guys until someone suggested to come here.

Anyway, my bike was stolen last night between 8:30pm and 8:30am in north Brighton, right off Market Street.
    It is a Pure Fix "Bravo" with the hub flopped so it was a single-speed.

It's a black frame with bright blue wheels. It's actually very stark and easy to spot - hopefully, this helps.
    Here's exactly what it looks like:

Some unique characteristics of mine are:
    • brown brake pads (default is white on those bikes, I think)
    • blue light on the handlebars
    • a flashing light chip in the rear spokes (with battery pack too)

Some of that stuff might be easy to just remove, but hopefully not. The light chip should be somewhat difficult, at least.

I'd really, really appreciate you guys keeping an eye out. It's my primary means of getting to work!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2014

tears. keep those bikes inside overnight. any lock can be cut.
    • CommentAuthorafacini

Absolutely... that's what really bugs me about my bike -- it was in the locked basement of my building.

It wasn't as if it was fort knox, and the bike wasn't locked to anything down there (my fault for assuming it was safe), but it means someone had to go down there to lift it. Only a dozen or so people have the key, unless someone was buzzed in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPiranha666

Steph Crum's bike was stolen today, just in case she's not on here:
    "This is a 51 cm surly ten speed with riser bars, archetype rims, all black components, a white industries crank set. It was stolen from Boston Common today. If people could keep an eye out for it that would be really appreciated!!" - Her facebook

stolen
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

I have a feeling that all of our bike thefts are related in some way. my gitane was stolen from inside my apartment building as well.MUFFDVR
    My friend Alison's bike was just stolen.
    It was locked up outside of the AMC in the Common.
    It's a stock Raleigh Capri.

^how was it locked? What to? Any unique identifiers?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Unfortunately it was locked to one of those bike poles with a rope lock (she's been meaning to get a u-lock).
    There's nothing unique about it. It's probably gone. :(
    Tons of bike theft around the north end/downtown areas recently, in broad daylight as well as overnight. I think the thefts are connected. mostly components stolen, like saddles and forks.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    I ride to that Common theater fairly often and hate locking outside of it. I feel like it's an invitation to be fucked with, a bike rack outside of a movie theater. Sometimes I lock in front of the office buildings on Wash instead, to look more temporary.
    Yeah. Common area is serious hot spot right now. Beware.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorafacini
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2014 edited

Nothing says "I'm selling your stolen bikes" quite like the post at: http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bid/4542019388.html

Edit: I realize the link will go down eventually, so here's the text:

bicycle sale today RIDE NOW!!! - $1 (boston/w.roxbury )
    100 PLUS BIKES for the whole family call now 781-726-0022 no emails no texts have a great day

[Map marker was placed on the corner of Centre St. and St.Theresa Ave.]

(There was no pic)
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2014

Sarah Martin's bike was stolen last night from Turtle Pond last night. From her Facebook: "Pls keep your eye out for a white Soma w/ brooks saddle and front basket..." She hasn't sent around photos yet but I found these in her FB photo stream:

Keep an eye out!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorskulllfist
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2014 edited

I know sarah's bike, downtown eyes are on the lookout @ @
    -godspeed on the devils thunder
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJul 8th 2014

Do you know the particulars of the theft? Stolen from shore while in the water?
    Stolen from a car rack while they were on the beach. She said it looked like they backed a truck up to the car and threw her bike in and took off.
    WOW.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthortone
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2014

My good friend's bike was recently stolen just outside of Central Sq.

It's a 1972 raleigh sport 3 speed. Discerning qualities: purple handle grips, a broken bell that looks like a rotary dial phone, back rack with a rusty basket and webbing on the hubs that makes them shine.

We are the small axe.
    This guy goes to Bike Party Events.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You might also known him from, well, unfortunately, from here;

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And this: Link to police story

Be mindful of your belongings.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    Well shit sonNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    fmradio516:This is how it currently looks besides the fact that it now has a chrome Spicer track fork on it. $$$ Reward if found!

Just so peeps know, there is a nearly identical Gitane that a very nice guy from Montreal just moved here with - it's the same blue, Fixed setup but has road dropouts. I told him that he should be prepared to explain himself and prove ownership if someone confronts him about it.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2014

Thanks for the heads up!MUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthorspokenword
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2014

Friend just reported his bike was stolen last night. Canary yellow 58cm Fuji Feather w/ SPD pedals and drop bars with white rubber bar grips.
    well fuck
    My spooky skeletor, 56cm purple with a DA7700 kit and my santa cruz chameleon orange with a 1x9 x9 group have been stolen.Take-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2014

D: both? That sucks so bad."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    dude :[ so sorrysomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2014 edited

was it a break in?

Fuckers had better not rattle can that gorgeous purple. Hope you get them back soon!"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries