Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2014

the only things i've had stolen from my bikes are spoke cards. #streetcred
    •  
      CommentAuthorskulllfist
    • CommentTimeSep 16th 2014 edited

Ditto^. But only my "winter fallout" spoke cardgodspeed on the devils thunder
    Nuggetross:the only things i've had stolen from my bikes are spoke cards. #streetcred

Didn't your Guru get stolen?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2014

^that was tiny matt's.
    BPD seized about a dozen bikes that are believed to be stolen in the South End last night from a roving gang of hooligans/youths who were holding up traffic and operating dangerously.

Visit the D-4 station on Harrison avenue with a SPECIFIC description or a serial number to see if they've got your stolen bike. I'm gonna go by and see if RGBike is there....Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    rgb got stolen again?somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2014

lolWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    RGBike got stolen for good from Shawmut ave last june (i.e. june 2013)Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    isn't that thing a rolling death trap anyway?'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    It was in terrible shape but still rolled and was reasonably fun to ride. there was a pretty severe dent in the toptube and a bulge in the downtube that was probably a crack, and the headtube was so oval that the headset cups would just fall out when the fork was removed.

I don't really care I just want it to be stolen and recovered a solid five times.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

How the hell does it keep getting stolen?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    nerdo:How the hell does it keep getting stolen?

Ownership by craiggles?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

^Badum-ching!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    EPIC! Stratton:

Ownership by craiggles?

Mostly my laziness in bringing it inside...Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Craigglesofdoom:
    EPIC! Stratton:

Ownership by craiggles?

Mostly my laziness in bringing it inside...

Bummer dude.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    If someone stole my IRO id play taps for them and say God Speed.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    Craigglesofdoom:
    EPIC! Stratton:

Ownership by craiggles?

Mostly my laziness in bringing it inside...

e.g.

EPIC! Stratton:Ownership by craiggles.
    All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2014 edited

So, my coworker EITHER got her bike stolen or removed from a sign by the city of Cambridge, somewhere near Porter I think. a) Does anyone have advice on getting in touch with the city to find out? She says she called a number she was given, but hasn't gotten a response in a week. b) plz keep eyes out for a mint green Dawes Lightning Sport with drop bars w/black tape, flat pedals. Probably a 52 or 54cm. Thanks!i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    I would think that the Cambridge Public Works would be the go-to for that. Is that who she called?Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Every time I open BF, and see that Craig made the latest post in this thread I **always** think, "O. Jeez. Did it get stolen AGAIN???"All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    chr|s sedition:Every time I open BF, and see that Craig made the latest post in this thread I **always** think, "O. Jeez. Did it get stolen AGAIN???"

Hahahahaa.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Well i guess it was only a matter of time.
    My bike was stolen in JP last week.
    I know its just another fuji feather but i really liked this bike and am heartbroken.

Deets:
    Black 2009 Fuji feather frame 56
    Purple spider seat
    The grips had stars on them
    Velocity deep v silver wheels, with silver spokes and hubs
    Black campagnolo veloce front brake
    Blue LDC break lever
    Black FSA vero crank
    Black riser bars
    Silver Shadow conspiracy bar ends
    Black Spurcycle bell
    Purple aluminum octane one peddles
    Purple holdfast straps
    Rear tire Gator Skin
    Front tire cant remember

If this bike is seen please call ferris wheels in Jamaica Plain. My name is Stephen Flesher and someone there can most likely get in contact with me.

Stephen Flesher
    How/where was it locked?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    It was suposidly locked to a steal porch in Jamaica Plain with a ulock. I was letting a "friend" borrow it.
    Friend claiming lock cut? Pole cut? Etc? I'm asking, bacause learning about how any given bike is stolen can help prevent future thefts.

I'll def keep any eye out for it.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    toy4x4runner:a steal porch
    well there's your problem right there.
    ;) but really, best luck on the recoverysomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    steal steel* I walked right into that one.

Anyway weather the porch stole it or it was stolen off the porch i don't buy the story. The only thing i know for shore is my bike is in fact stolen.
    toy4x4runner:for shore
    And this is why I don't use forums... please pardon my poor spelling. I am engineer, not a writer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2014

No fucking with people in the stolen bikes thread.

We'll keep an eye out.
    Please post here if you recover it.
    Any rare identifiers other than that saddle?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Here are some of the more notable parts. None of this is exactly rare but definitely not a lot of this stuff kicking around boston.

The bell was a kick-starter project that has not been around for to long.

I don't think they make these peddles anymore.

and this lever is just flashy and different.

It also has a Death Proof decal in the bottom tube. likely removed. but i had these made by a sign shop so that's a dead giveaway.
    shit man, hopefully at least some of those are still on the bike and someone can pick it out.

and "steal porch" was too good to be passed up but yeah,
    joeyfresh:No fucking with people in the stolen bikes thread.
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Agreed

surprisefries:
    and "steal porch" was too good to be passed up but yeah,>
    Someone just called looking to sell a Cannondale Quick 4 "pronto". Anyone know someone that lost one? I got the guy's phone number saying I had a friend who bought used bikes....Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Death Proof. That is brilliant. Ashamed I had not thought of it.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2014

Craigglesofdoom:Someone just called looking to sell a Cannondale Quick 4 "pronto". Anyone know someone that lost one? I got the guy's phone number saying I had a friend who bought used bikes....

I was looking at one on craigslist from that guy, who was saying he was leaving mass today and was trying to unload it. Didn't really strike me as being that sketchy, just short on time.
    • CommentAuthorCM35
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2014

Hey all,

Had my bike stolen yesterday right outside my work (The Harvard Art Museums). It's a Redline "monocog" 29er, dark grey with white lettering. Biggest identifying factors would be a green vinyl "35" on the frame. The front tire also has a dent in the rim from when I was riding it at school a couple years ago. So if you see anyone riding it in the Cambridge/Boston area, or you come across something fitting this description please message me immediately. I don't have pictures unfortunately. Thanks for the help.

-CM35
    Sorry to hear that. How was it locked up? Knowing details of how one bike was stolen can help prevent others.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPiranha666
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2015

STOLEN BIKE: Around 2:30 today (1/5/15) in 10 Saint James loading dock.
    Contact me with any information. (781-888-8106) piranha@scul.org

IRO, single speed (two freewheels), curvy seat stays, torn WTP seat, purple pedals, Surly Knard tires, saddle bag, fenders (PDW front), stickers, Aaron Ross Keyboard grips.

Stolen Bike
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2015

Coworker's bike was stolen today, keep a look out for it!"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Cambridge Bicycle had a black Schwinn Cutter abandoned here for a while, and when we went to clean it, we took some electrical tape off and found pretty unique stickers that you wouldn't want to cover (Orchard and Spitfire, for example). It's somewhere around a 52CM. Text me if you think you might know whose it is. 617-7O4-7S6S.
    • CommentAuthoralimura
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2015 edited

BIke stolen from outside 282 Mass Ave between Jan. 23. (Really) small (I'm 5'1") maroon Univega, mixte, with MIT bike registration sticker. Text me if come across it: 626-347-5712. Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2015

more details plz
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2015

I found this flier in Cambridge
     photo sc002bdee0_zps72d0126a.jpg
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2015

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bik/4953839418.html

^this shit looks so stolen...ok maybe i'm jumping to conclusions but a macbook pro? go pro? ummm suspicious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2015

That ain't stolen, people who buy synapses are just dumb
    The photo against a mattress makes it seem like they are moving and need to be rid of it.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2015

meh maybe you're right...or the mattress is being used to hide any identifiable information. Or maybe i'm just a cynical asshole and wants it to be stolen so i can feel like a super sleuth.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2015 edited

looks to be a stolen geekhouse here. if its really a geekhouse.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bik/4994455309.htmlMUFFDVR
    ^Wut

10 lbs...per foot...

Looks like someone stuck a GH headbadge on a shitty fixed bikeNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt