Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2009

graham - gotcha.
    robo - suggestions? :) idk what else to do but grab a ton of people and go knock on his door, ya know?Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    well, step 1 would be to take yr plan off the internet.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    I'm willing to bet a drug dealer has a gun...be careful...he knows where you live right? If you're getting the key from his people why don't you just try to steal the bike back without any confrontation...this is super exciting though...take pics if ye can (j/k).I haven't gotten to that part of the poop yet
    • CommentAuthorkeepitreal

omg, so exciting. i can't believe this is happening. he probably has like guns and pit bulls, too. this is so cool, totally super exciting.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

editedMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    dora:. . .robo - suggestions? :) idk what else to do but grab a ton of people and go knock on his door, ya know?

I'm sorry but I don't have a better idea, since you're not wanting to deal with the police. (Which is understandable, but probably the route I would go.) I feel for you, and I'm sure you love your bike, and you have every right to recover it. I just hope that you're careful in how you approach this and in what you say.

I can think of one instance where this type of thing went down on the NY fixed board, and (from what I read) it turned out OK, but it played out that the rightful owner bought his bike back from the person who stupidly purchased a stolen bike. That kind of sucks, but probably better than fisticuffs.

Anyway, good luck, and keep your cool.

[:|][all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009

Where the deets at !?Fuck yeah.
    ^^^Dora,

How did the face punching go?
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

we didn't wind up going. there's one person that is key to this whole thing going down and he had a previous engagement last night. i'll let you guys know how it goes. thanks for the concern ;)
    robo - i totally understand. i'm going to be as level headed and cautious as possible. if this was just some guy that bought my bike from someone, it'd be way different. but this is the guy that came in my house and took my bike. i'm really hoping he'll be peaceful and i'll give him the handlebars and shit he put on it back. idk. we'll see...Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2009 edited

graham & tim, come to my house after work tonight if you still wanna come withMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    ^^Grr. . . I'd have a hard time keeping my cool over that.[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorbshea81

im a bit late to all this. but since i've cut back on the drugs/drinking thing, im down for some excitement. and im willing to get a bit crazy if needed. i miss my days of confrontational bullshit, kinda, not really, but kinda. give a shout if this is still happening. nnine seven eight -eight five two- two nine five four.fool me once, shame on me. fool me twice, i guess im into trannies
    • CommentAuthorunit

hey sorry nothing came of tonight...just think of how shitty the kids life is that he needs to live in a band space with no windows or circulated air and maybe theres some consolation there. That and if he ever shows up at your place again you pretty much have the right to beat the bag out of him.
    • CommentAuthorkeepitreal
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2009

^you hipsters are too lazy to go get back the bike that was stolen from your own house? just turn up the emo music, talk on a forum and let this dude ride your bike all over town. what the fuck?
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

robo, WORD
    bshea, that's nice of you, thanks so much for the offer. i appreciate it :)
    thanks for helping me out graham, i really appreciate that you and everyone else came to back me up!

so we went last night and no dice. but i'm not giving up just yet!

and keepitreal, you don't even know what you're talking about. so fuck off.Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    • CommentAuthorunit
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2009 edited

^^ well its kinda hard to recover a bike when the only kid who actually knows where it is dosent have it on him. I seriously doubt this kids going to have a moment of charity and tell us. They really need to develop some sort of lo-jack for bikes.
    •  
      CommentAuthordora
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2009 edited

yea, he's not gunna tell us shit.Must be awful, being so fluffy.
    •  
      CommentAuthortravisW

dora, I really think that you need to make this plotting more private, any jackass can read this site. keep in mindboooyah
    •  
      CommentAuthordora

thank you for your concern, travis :) i appreciate it. but i've got nothing to hide anymore. we talked to him last night so he knows what's up nowMust be awful, being so fluffy.
    hey so my friends back wheel got stolen off his bike in back bay in front of mcgreeveys. His bike is a black se conversion and the wheel that got stolen was a black aerospoke with a pink walled tire on it. keep an eye out??
    • CommentAuthorBAUMANN
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2009

^

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/bik/1326311555.html
    http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bik/1325949959.html

2 aerospoke rear wheels popped up on C-list today, same guys it looks like....suspicious?RIDE METAL
    hey guys, my coworkers bike got stolen from the landmark center in Fenway today. Specs are as followed:

KONA all terrain, blue mountain bike.
    D'oro shifters
    D'oro black all steel pedals
    Rear rack with trunk
    Quick release brakes
    New Wheels/old Richey tires

The brakes are apparently pretty bad, so if you or someone you know works at a shop and something like this comes in, take a look at it. He said it's been pretty well taken care of, no obvious scratches or dings.

If you see it or it turns up in a shop, please hold onto it! Contact me at fouronefor sevenzerotwo sixthree sixone or message me if you pick it up somehow.

thanks!!'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    My friend Heather had her bike stolen yesteday from, you guessed it, Central Sq. Here's the description. I'm going to go check out that guys house near KFC tomorrow morning...

Date: Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 5:29 PM
    Subject: help me find my bike...

hi cambridge and bike friends,

my beloved bike was stolen from outside river gods in central square last night... i'm attaching a couple photos of the model (mine is missing the back fender and the dorky cup holder). the police said they often turn up so be on the lookout! If you know any other bicycle justice vigilantes, please forward this on to them!

description of my ride...
    make: specialized
    model: langster (seattle edition)
    bright green, with white handlebars and white seat
    woodgrain front fender (missing back fender)
    single speed, extra small frame

learn from my mistake... don't think you can get away with a cable lock. buy a u-lock!!!!

have good one and thanks,
    heather
    heather's bike 2I haven't gotten to that part of the poop yet
    i was just about to post that. i'm glad you have a picture. i met her right when it happened. i gave her all the pity i could offer.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    thanks conor...she's the awesomest chica ever and while no one deserves to get their bike stolen, Heather def. doesn't deserve it.I haven't gotten to that part of the poop yet
    she was telling me she just lost her ulock and was going out within the next day or two to buy one.

i'm so surprised that it got taken. it was almost directly outside of the door to river gods, and the door guys are always going outside. just goes to show you: 1.) cable locks suck 2.) theft happens everywhere.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    Yeah, so I had a motorcycle stolen in 2005 from Central Sq. Today I saw it parked on Newbury. I called the cops. By the time they got there the bike was gone. I gave them the lisc plate number and they said "there is nothing we can do now." That is messed up in so many ways.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorBRlAN Q G
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2009

^ Did you report the theft back in 2005?
    ^ of course.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    fug.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2009

why not through a u-lock through the wheel or something.. shit you coulda bought one at back bay and it woulda been worth it.
    there's some sketchy ads on craigslist right now.

'Beautiful dark green cannondale in excellent condition. Hard-tail style mountain bike excellent for city riding, too. Lightweight aluminum frame, shimano altus drivetrain, heavy duty rack, water bottle cage, gripshifters, seat pack. 18" frame fits person about 5'-7" to 5'-9". Ready to roll! $120 cash only, meet at Porter Square shopping center at 12:30 today, Sunday. Look for the big white van ;-) Call 508-579-9093 for more information.'

a few from that dude.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    If you google search the # it comes up as Worcester earn-a-bike... worcesterearnabike.org
    ahh, gotcha. phew.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    big white van. i went into one once. now im missing a kidney.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    •  
      CommentAuthorr.wiley89
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2009

my bike was stolen last tuesday and the thief put it on cl that after noon. its a black shogun fixie with a blue san marco saddle, chopped bullhorns, two spoke cards in the rear wheel and mad stickers. It also has black and white straps on the pedals and gatorskin tires. if you see anything let me know, eh?

http://images.craigslist.org/3k63o83lf5O65Q75Rf991aa0290174ce7156d.jpg

http://images.craigslist.org/3ne3o13ld5P35S95Rd9912af002beec0b1a9f.jpg

here are the pix the thief took for the ad he put on clFITE BACK!!!
    I'm not saying it will change anything, but you should probably contact CL and, if nothing else, complain. I'm not saying they're responsible in any way, but people should be putting them on notice that their bike classified section is being used to sell stolen bikes. Sugar gets you further than vinegar, so you might get them to listen more if you approach it as a concerned consumer (and victim) giving them a heads-up. CC someone when you send it.

I hope you get your bike back, it's pretty distinctive, I'll keep my eye out.

I imagine they didn't identify their locale in the listing, but where was it stolen from?
    • CommentAuthormauspad
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2009 edited

^^if it weren't for the hardwood flooring, i'd say it looks like a dorm room... not many people have those vinyl pull-down curtains in their homes. it actually reminds me a lot of the university-owned woodframe houses my school provides for seniors.
    ^... I have those pull down curtains.... they came with my apt.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthormeetball
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2009 edited

For people who have their bikes stolen that show up on craigslist, I've always wondered. Why not show up as a potential buyer who wants to make sure it rides OK and then on your "test ride" just book it? wtf are they going to do, waste five minutes getting into the car if their broke ass even has one, starting it, and then follow you down the wrong way on a one way when you're probably already well out of their vicinity anyways? I would think that's better than complaining to CL because then they still have your bike, just no ad, and they then know someone knows its stolen.

where was it stolen from, the interior looks like an apt in the mission hill or fenway area, I agree with the above poster, if not for the hardwood and area rug I'd say it's one of the older NEU dorms.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009 edited

edit: sorry there's something weird going on with the forum... this was a later post that showed-up earlier?
    •  

yeah, same here as with the post above: weirdness.
    •  

Ah jeez, I give up...
    ^ Yeah, I support the meetball method.

If you can get the cops and they can help you, then great. But when there is no law, you have to become the law.

Bike Justice!
    PS: Totally willing to assist the liberation of that bike from some thieving hands.
    •  

I suppose the only "problem" would be if it wasn't the thief but an "innocent" third party... they might get a tad indignant. On the other hand... seeing it's possession of stolen property, if not outright dealing in stolen property: they're probably not gonna get too uppity about it.

Anyway, my point about complaining to CL was just to put them on notice (after the fact) and would indeed do nothing for you in terms of getting the bike back. Meetball's method definitely sounds like the way to go: personally I might have more of a confrontation with them and less of the just riding off... but honestly the just riding off is a waaaaay better idea. It might not be a bad idea to have a few of your large friends hanging out around the corner so if they do decide to come after you for any reason they'll quickly see the error of their thieving ways.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009

recently recovered an ex-roommate's stolen bike from over a year ago. she filled out a police report at the time of theft and brought it to the police station with the kid who brought it into the shop. he didn't steal it but apparently traded $800 shoes (?!?) for it and another frame. the kid wanted compensation and since i knew andrea him & his friend didn't consider me/the bike shop a neutral party where they could leave the bike till they worked something out. i think he hoped bringing it to the police would result in some compensation for himself. the police's attitude: she has the receipt, she has the police report, you have her bike. give it back. oh, you bought a tire? did her bike have a tire when you got it? well. now that's her tire.

so indignant or not, as far as the police are concerned it is yours no matter how much the third party paid to get it. also, apparently if you're holding on to stolen property worth $250+ it's a felony. so if you point out it's stolen and can prove it...they should realllllly give it back.
    •  
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2009 edited

My point about the person being "indignant" when you practice a little self-help (in a legal sense, not a psychobabble sense) was that unpredictable things might happen: meetball's scenario doesn't involve the police arbitrating from a wholly neutral perspective and pointing out that the bicycle belongs to its lawful owner and anyone who obtains it from a thief is (sadly for them) SOL.

Someone who thinks they've legitimately/lawfully obtained the bike, like the kid who brought the bike into your shop, isn't likely to take someone liberating the bicycle from them kindly. I see a high potential for more hassle than a person might think they're in for.

Of course, any time you practice self-help you run into these risks... a thief might not call the cops but they'll be just as likely to attempt to chase you down (ah, the joys of being chased by someone driving a car). Somehow I'd imagine they'd be a little less motivated though, than a person who thinks the bicycle belongs to them.

PS: my comments seem to mostly apply to a scenario where the bicycle's been gone for awhile; in R.Wiley's case it may well be the thief themselves as so little time has passed between theft and attempted sale.
    OK guys, another stolen bike here, and i HOPE this should be easy to recover - seeing as this is probably the most memorable bike i'll ever own in my life:
    Photobucket

It's a Schwinn Prologue Time Trial Pursuit frame, but instead of all the campy stuff you see on it in this picture, it's got a bunch of old, 6-speed dura ace 7400 stuff - DA 7400 dt shifters, da 7400 brake calipers, da 7400 cranks, da rear wheel, but the same campy 650c front wheel pictured above, and a white rando tire on the rear - same handlebars and brake levers, and mks road pedals with toshi singles and mks steel LL clips.

It was stolen right outside of 6 Buswell St, which is located in Boston University's South campus, right off beacon ave around 10:00 pm tonight.
    All i had on me as i was locking it up was a shitty cable lock (seeing as both of my u-locks were being sent to me in the box with my zunow - YES, i know cable locks suck ass - it was my only option for the moment, however), and I went up to my apartment for about 15 min, when i came out the lock was cut and the bike was gone.

I knew i had to post here immediately, but i went ahead and filed a police report first, but somehow, i hope posting here might be a little more fruitful seeing as actual boston riders frequent these forums... i am begging for your help here - i know this bike may appear like a joke, but hey, it was a fun bike, and obviously had quite a bit of valuable parts on it.

I'm really hoping that you guys can keep your eyes out as it really shouldn't be hard to pick out this bike if someone is actually stupid enough to ride this bike around without mailing it to a fucking 3rd world country/out of boston first

and also, do you guys have any suggestion as to anything else i can do to help get this bike back?

if you have ANY information at all, or any leads to where you i can get my bike back PLEASE call:

Chris A Lee
    at 408 398 7581
    email: chrstophr.el@gmail.com

any time.

Also, if you see it around, please have the decency to throw a u-lock on it for me.
    I have another bike (yes, more sensible) and i can be there when the fuck ever.
    I will throw down a small reward and you'll have a new best friend.

Also, if any of you see it on CL or anything of the like, don't be afraid to call me immediately.
    oh and one of the toshi's was blue, and one was white - just as an unnecessary heads-up.

thanks