Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2015

Speaking of maybe stolen bikes, yesterday I noticed a bike with Urban Adventour decals on it locked up at MIT. What are the chances the bike is legit?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2015

What are the chances it was legit in the first place if it came from UA?
    nerdo:Speaking of maybe stolen bikes, yesterday I noticed a bike with Urban Adventour decals on it locked up at MIT. What are the chances the bike is legit?

MIT kids buy our bikes like crazy. I can nearly guarantee that it's legit. Also haven't had a rental bike theft in over a year, so there's that.

rock dathe:What are the chances it was legit in the first place if it came from UA?

Alex, are you insinuating that we steal bikes? Not sure what your hate is all about, dude.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2015

^"Legit" can mean a few things. I meant it to mean "acquired legally." It's possible Alex was snarking about...maybe the build/components vs. price tag? Maybe the maintenance? Maybe it was just a dumb joke? Hard to say.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorben

I certainly read it as him saying 'is it really even a legit bike?' Meaning he thinks they're crap.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross

words.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

MY BIKE SHOP CAN BEAT UP YOUR BIKE SHOP"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    ^, ^^, ^^^, ^^^^, ^^^^^ and so on....

clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

For the record I don't believe that Urban Adventours steals bikes
    Nuggetross thinks SUPERB steals wheels.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    w/e y'all

I like our goofy green fender bikes. :(Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2015

paul jameson:Nuggetross thinks SUPERB steals wheels.

So much so that he decided to work for the same company...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2015

well, i might as well get in on the theft...
    STOLEN: Masi Vincere, 56cm. Stolen from Marc Shepard's house last night. New as of 2 months ago. was freelocked. It looks like this:

If seen contact me or Marc.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2015

...how do we go about contacting marc? who's mark? do we know him?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

people who work downtown know him, I don't know if he has his own phone, but he's working for bachez."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe

You can listen to him on the Boston Pot Report on some internet radio station and phone in
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Wait, Bachez has a messer company now? Where have I been?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2015

Sort of. He seems to have trouble paying employees and not having bakfiets stolen (probably by people he owes boatloads of money to) though, but I don't know the while story."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Marc has a phone that is most easily reached via facebook messenger if you're friends with him

You can contact me if that's easier, I just want to find the bike.

I will say that I just sold another Vincere yesterday so if you see another one (size 61, Marc's is a 56) then don't kill them right off the bat especially if it seems like they're a very nice walking beanpole.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2015 edited

Know anybody who lost a white 2014 Specialized Ariel Sport Disc? Someone named Shaheem Samuel posted one for sale to the BBP FB page claiming that it's worth $2500, and asking "more like $250" : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1584457515169990&set=p.1584457515169990

Photobucketed by me for posterity in case he deletes it:
     photo 11136628_1584457515169990_2143175030303418767_n_zpsoo3ivzks.jpg

Also, what the hell are "tappers"?
     photo Screen Shot 2015-05-26 at 6.35.11 PM_zpswjoojaxv.png::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2015

DON'T BE RACIST, POCKY. #doxing #whitepower #bikesforbombs
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2015

Stolen bike: Basso road bike, red to blue paint job, very distinctive. Stolen from Cambridge Street, just outside Harvard Square. Keep a lookout!

(Not my bike, fyi, I'm just reposting from FB.)Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

Yea, thats my post. My roommates bike. Thanks for posting.MUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthorMJ

Any part changes from what's in the picture?
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

nopeMUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

seen on video being stolen. 2 young males, 1 young female wearing school uniforms in the neighborhood of Darwins on Cambridge st.MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Cambridge R&L??Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Hmm, sounds like R&L...uh oh.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2015

I'll take a ride around there after I get off work today, wouldn't be surprised if it's around the immediate area.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

update: kids were NOT wearing uniforms. so its definitely from the high school across the street. we should have the bike back at some point today.MUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthorMJ

Checking the racks around r&l now, so far no dice
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

The security guard at the school across the street did not recognize the kid caught in the surveillance footage so thinking it could be a middle school kid.MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

also the same kid was caught in the footage stealing two other bikes the same dayMUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Out of curiosity, how did he get 'em? Were they just braided cable locked? Did he have a battery powered angle grinder? Did he take apart a signpost that they were attached to?::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

kind of a long story, but I wouldnt be surprised if the other two bikes were previously stolen from somewhere else and stored there for the day, then taken again. the Basso was left for a couple of minutes unlocked by the rear entrance of where my friend works. He brought the bike out, changed his shoes inside, and the bike was gone.MUFFDVR
    Jesus, middle school? That's awful.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2015

Yeah, I hated middle school.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2015

Fyi Cambridge Rindge and Latin students dont wear uniforms.

Sucks about the bike...
    • CommentAuthorSimonkercz
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2015

Hey guys,
    This might be a tall order since I don't have a picture of the bike that was taken, but if its possible to keep an eye out for all of these pieces put together it would be a huge help. My bike was taken from the basement of my apartment building in Brighton, all aftermarket parts.
    It's a blue 51 cm track frame slathered in stickers (mishka, rebeleight, citygrounds, typical stuff) with a raw/rusted FBM sword fork (segmented crown), white rims laced to silver profile hubs(front wheel radially laced), a riveted saddle and black riser bars with a black porter rack and front brake. That navy, rust and white should be characteristic if it hasnt gotten mangled and spray painted.

Thanks much
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

That sucks. Anything distinctive about the frame itself?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorSimonkercz

Nandy, the frame is all covered in stickers, it's a pake rum runner frame, but not branded with anything to suggest it. Theres a pretty big Rebeleight sticker on the downtube and a big ol chrome sticker on the top tube by the saddle I think. And when I said the fork was rusty, I mean its pretty rusty. Also, forgot to mention this before. It has a Sugino messenger chainwheel.
    • CommentAuthorMJ

Where was it stolen?
    How should people get in touch with you if they see it?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorBill
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2015

Hi y'all. The police found the Basso. It was a Rindge kid. He tried to spray paint it, but I had his name and surveillance video. Thanks for your help.
    Great, glad you got it back. Fuckin kids, man.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    bummer about the paint tho.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeJun 16th 2015

conor! for mod:bummer about the paint tho.

Agreed; curious what the new paintjob looks like though.
    Bill:Hi y'all. The police found the Basso. It was a Rindge kid. He tried to spray paint it, but I had his name and surveillance video. Thanks for your help.

Sorry dude.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2015

surprisefries:Fuckin kids, man.
    I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries