Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSimonkercz
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2015

Shit, I'm an idiot. If you guys see my bike or anything looking like it. call or text me at 6173061702. It was taken from my apartment building at the intersection of Comm ave. and Washington street in Brighton.
    Simonkercz:Shit, I'm an idiot. If you guys see my bike or anything looking like it. call or text me at 6173061702. It was taken from my apartment building at the intersection of Comm ave. and Washington street in Brighton.

Well, how about a picture, description, and some other helpful information. Was it locked? Indoors?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    ^snarkYou're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    ^

Also
    clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeJun 17th 2015 edited

Simonkercz:Hey guys,
    This might be a tall order since I don't have a picture of the bike that was taken, but if its possible to keep an eye out for all of these pieces put together it would be a huge help. My bike was taken from the basement of my apartment building in Brighton, all aftermarket parts.
    It's a blue 51 cm track frame slathered in stickers (mishka, rebeleight, citygrounds, typical stuff) with a raw/rusted FBM sword fork (segmented crown), white rims laced to silver profile hubs(front wheel radially laced), a riveted saddle and black riser bars with a black porter rack and front brake. That navy, rust and white should be characteristic if it hasnt gotten mangled and spray painted.

Thanks much

Ze posted a few days ago, and is currently the only passing-through person to EVER come back and include contact info, so I feel like this might be the time to not be a dick to someonei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    ^ah, missed the description further up. Thanks for pointing it out! Also wasn't trying to come off as snarky (though I enjoyed the images above). Just irritating to get the "Bike was stolen" w/o any description.

That said, it was my reading fail, so apologies for the snarks.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    the "not being a dick" part was not directed at you, but in reference to the "are we dicks here at bfixed? should we consider not being dicks?" discussion elsewherei mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorMJ

Putting this all together

Simonkercz:
    -Blue Pake 51 cm Rum Runner frame slathered in stickers (mishka, rebeleight, citygrounds, typical stuff)
    big Rebeleight sticker on the downtube and a big ol chrome sticker on the top tube by the saddle
    -raw/rusted FBM sword fork (segmented crown)
    -Sugino messenger chainring
    -white rims laced to silver profile hubs(front wheel radially laced),
    -a riveted saddle and black riser bars with a black porter rack and front brake.

That navy, rust and white should be characteristic if it hasnt gotten mangled and spray painted.

call or text me at 6173061702. It was taken from my apartment building at the intersection of Comm ave. and Washington street in Brighton.

Thanks much
    • CommentAuthordoug?

Is anyone missing a smallish surly lht? Friend posted a couple of pictures of one locked by a tiny crappy rusted chain around the seatpost that he thought looked sketchy. Dark grey or black, 26in wheels, some sort of stitched leather saddle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

^^ Someone please MS Paint a police sketch of this bike.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    One of my customers had his brand new Kona Sutra stolen from Harvard Square a few days ago. Looks like this:

it's a BIG frame, I think 59 or 61.

I saw a white male, approximately 25-30, 5'8-5'10 (ie too short for this bike) riding it across the mass ave bridge towards cambridge late at night on Monday, the day after it was stolen. I did not know it was stolen at this point. Guy was very scruffy looking - big beard, no helmet, kind-of-dreads, and was carrying a box on the rack. Let me know if you see anything.

617- nein xis tree - 9669Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2015

MJF:Putting this all together

Simonkercz:
    -Blue Pake 51 cm Rum Runner frame slathered in stickers (mishka, rebeleight, citygrounds, typical stuff)
    big Rebeleight sticker on the downtube and a big ol chrome sticker on the top tube by the saddle
    -a riveted saddle and black riser bars with a black porter rack and front brake.

That navy, rust and white should be characteristic if it hasnt gotten mangled and spray painted.

call or text me at 6173061702. It was taken from my apartment building at the intersection of Comm ave. and Washington street in Brighton.

Thanks much

Just saw this bike. texted youMUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2015

fmradio516:
    MJF:Putting this all together

Simonkercz:

Thanks much

Just saw this bike. texted you

details? Better so we can all keep an eye out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2015

Dude riding it down allston st. I dont have much else.MUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthorMJ

fmradio516:Dude riding it down allston st. I dont have much else.

Asking because this is how we found Baumann's bike before.

Time of day? What did said dude look like?
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

Black dude. I think it was around 4pm.MUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2015

Bike stolen from behind Red Bones in Davis 6/27. From r/somerville:

My bike was stolen last night (6/27) from behind Redbones in Davis Square. As the pictures show, it is mostly beige with orange highlights. It is a 2014 Tricross Sport Disc.

It had a U-Lock on it and the thief broke the signpost probably to deal with the lock in a more private place. If anyone has any information at all it would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently looking on Craigslist as often as possible, but if anyone knows where else I could check for the bike I would gladly pay to have the bike back.

I already reported it to the SPD.

Thanks for reading,

Eric
    I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    hhhokay. I'm just gonna put the "I know, I know" right up front here.

A friend of mine left her bike locked up outside with a chain lock for a bit over a month while she was out of the country and it got stolen. It happened sometime in June, around Pearl and Lawrence in Cambridgeport. It's a GT Meatball, size S, Metropolis sweep bars, Thomson seatpost and stem, SDG Ti rails saddle. Pics here (it used to belong to Dan St.G).

Long shot, but who knows. Whisper me or text seven wan 7 sevn 5 sax five tew fave forDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    FYI there is a dude in the North End who has had one of those for quite some time (years) and it is spraypainted wild colors so please don't kill him if you see a townie-lookin' guy riding one.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Fuckkkkkk second stolen mountainbike in just under a year!

I had my Specialized Carve stolen last night when I went swimming. Power tools were used to cut the Abus chain.
    Bike is super distinctive fully rigid with drop bars, 1x9 drivetrain, Vittoria tyres, cobble gobbler seatpost, salsa anything cage mounted behind seat.
    If seen please contact Alexi at wheelworks 617 776 2100

https://instagram.com/p/5POyDbRbx6/?taken-by=stormyarthurTake-off everything but your rainboots
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2015

Bike stolen from my friend Ricky!"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

I think you posted the wrong bike."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    It took me way too long to figure out he meant Allez.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Hey guys,

Had my commuter bike stolen from my side yard in West Medford (Wildwood rd.) over the weekend. It's a silver Swobo Sanchez (http://tinyurl.com/opx8so4) that doesn't have the "SWOBO" badge on the top tube anymore. Some of the stand out stuff on it are Ergon grips(http://tinyurl.com/nvu2atk) , a white Cutter saddle, and a Thule Pack 'n Pedal rack(http://tinyurl.com/nhh8lgb) that had a yellow bungee cord on it. There's a couple of stickers on it too (like 2 or 3). Let me know if you see it - losdawg AT gmail DOT com

Thanks!

Carlos
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Craigglesofdoom:It took me way too long to figure out he meant Allez.

haha, I just figured it was an old model, but that makes sense. This is Ricky the ridiculously awesome banjo player from Twisted Pine, if anyone knows them from the Cantab. Really great guy, hopefully we can help find his bike!"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorsabbyno6
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2015 edited

Hi all,

I recently had a bike stolen in Harvard Sq– would mean so much if you could keep it on your radar for me. Description is below...

1986-87 Bianchi Campione del Mondo
    Teal
    Drop Handlebars (Road Bike)
    Blue bar tape
    Black bell on stem

Thanks a million,
    Alex
    TPD just posted a ton of found bikes on Rejjee. I found two customers' bikes in the listing. link here:
    http://app.rejjee.com/publicpage

Related, my Kona 2+2 was stolen over the weekend out of my basement. Pic here:

Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2015

Jeremy waterfalls bike was stolen. if you see it, smash whoever is riding it and contact someone downtown.

MUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2015

If I see this bike and I whomp on the dude/dudette will I be in a heap of shit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Do it for Jeremy. This bike is basically his other half. They've been together all day everyday for probably decades. I heard he's an emotional wreck without it."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2015 edited

I'll start a pre-emptive gofundme for my legal fees. But don't people who steal bikes, steal them to flip 'em? So the likelihood of the person who stole it riding it is....low? There is such a special place in hell for people who steal bikes.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Where was it parked? Cambridge DPW mistakenly cleared a bunch of bikes off Thorndike St yesterday...Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentAuthorThreePete

nerdo:Where was it parked? Cambridge DPW mistakenly cleared a bunch of bikes off Thorndike St yesterday...
    "The meanest man I've ever dealt with in my life..."
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

It wasnt that. It was stolen when they were hanging on the docks.MUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

wow, that doesn't really sound like a "mistake". So it was everyone's first day on the crew and they all happen to be bike-hating rageaholics looking for an excuse to keep people from riding?

Jeremy's was taken from the esplanade."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

That article is gold.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Nandy:wow, that doesn't really sound like a "mistake". So it was everyone's first day on the crew and they all happen to be bike-hating rageaholics looking for an excuse to keep people from riding?

Jeremy's was taken from the esplanade.

It doesn't sound like bike hating rageaholics, it sounds like lazy DPW people who didn't bother to check that they were in the right place.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2015

I mean, are they from another planet then? I don't think they're so dumb they'd just start clearing out every bike on the street, some in probably great condition that people are clearly using to get to work, and act so belligerently toward owners without at least some bit of malice. It seems like the DPW has a pretty simple, standard procedure for tagging abandoned or illegally parked bikes, so were every one of them on their first day and don't get trained and don't ask questions?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Planet cambridge: where the overall enthusiam for bikes is matched in stark contrast by the city workers who hate them
    Nandy:I mean, are they from another planet then? I don't think they're so dumb they'd just start clearing out every bike on the street, some in probably great condition that people are clearly using to get to work, and act so belligerently toward owners without at least some bit of malice. It seems like the DPW has a pretty simple, standard procedure for tagging abandoned or illegally parked bikes, so were every one of them on their first day and don't get trained and don't ask questions?

Hence, laziness. The guys didn't care or bother to check that they were in the right place or the things had the right conditions. That doesn't mean they're rageaholics and hate bikers.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    If I lived or had to commute through cambridge everyday I would hate bikers
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

So lazy they did way, way more work.

I'm not convinced they're not just incredibly stupid or just mean."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Possibly both.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2015 edited

I don't get why you're completely dismissing the possibility, it's not like there aren't plenty of people out there who irrationally hate cyclists. Check out the Herald comments section sometime, or ride around looking like a person drivers think they can intimidate and threaten with alarming frequency."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

So many people who were too dumb to be cops play cop when they get even a tiny bit of authority.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

ThreePete:But don't people who steal bikes, steal them to flip 'em? So the likelihood of the person who stole it riding it is....low?

According to my former landlord, who is a Cambridge PD cop, the majority of people who steal bikes in Cambridge steal them to ride around and sell drugs off of them. Then, when they're done selling drugs for a while, they just dump them in the street where they get found by someone else, or hopefully, by the PD or public works where you might be able to get them back.

That's what he said when he was my landlord back in 2001, anyway.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthortristan
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2015

Nandy:I don't get why you're completely dismissing the possibility, it's not like there aren't plenty of people out there who irrationally hate cyclists.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."ascott430 - "Was going to build it up into a fixed gear until I realized I'd rather spend money and time on mountain bikes."
    Ignorance breeds malice, hanlon
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2015

JEREMY GOT HIS BIKE BACK, Y'ALL."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2015

^How?