Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2015

Someone who works downtown spotted it unlocked at a burger king in Allston."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2015

Nandy:Someone who works downtown spotted it unlocked at a burger king in Allston.

This is hilariously consistent with my landlord's explanation.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    nmarco96:I had my bike stolen from my apartment garage last night on Otis Street in Somerville. Im not sure of the exact make of the bike, but it is an older blue Panasonic model. Any help would be very much appreciated, this is what it looks like...

Thanks guys!

Moving this here.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthornmarco96
    • CommentTimeSep 4th 2015

thanks for moving it!
    Np, it'll get more looks here. I'll keep an eye out in CambervilleDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorabeideck
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2015

I live at 31 Gardner Street in Allston and my sweet ride was jacked from the communal bike storage in the basement. Management says they didn't remove any bikes. If you all don't mind keeping an eye out, that would be amazing. It shouldn't be a hard bike to miss. It's an '80s Panasonic PT-3500 (not worth much, but it was my mom's) - gray frame with pink and teal accents and bright pink handle bars with a Serfas saddle. There is (maybe was) a St. Lawrence University sticker on the seat tube. My email is alissa.beideck@gmail.com. Thanks a million!

"
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2015

Dang, looks sweet, hope it turns up!

Another long time courier's bike was stolen from Charlestown a few days ago:

May have a different saddle, it's a 52 Nashbar frame."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Hey my buddy's girlfriend had her bike stolen on the September 27th at SoWa (460 Harrison ave) in the South End in evening . 2016 Cannondale W's Quick 6 sz small was White with Teal accents Pinwheel skewers and seat clamp Serial # AM33809. Here is a video of theft: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFFBAfl1Z5U totally sucks, keep an eye out.
    Oh man. Bummer. Esp since it's on video. What kinda lock was she using? Did they cut the lock or the rack?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeOct 1st 2015

wow. a grinder!MUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthorFwish11
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2015

My brand new, beautiful bike was stolen from my apartment early yesterday morning between the hours of 3:00am and 8:45am. I live in Allston, MA. The bike is a Specialized Ruby Expert 2015. Note the water bottle cages and the saddle bag. There is also a small bike computer attached and a cell phone mount. Please help me find my bike!

I've reported this to the Boston Police. I don't have renter's insurance. I've been scouring Boston and nearby craigslist sales as well as eBay. I've called all of the pawn shops in a 45 mile radius and given those that sell bikes info about mine. Any other ideas or advice?

http://imgur.com/gallery/o0UHzZv
    • CommentAuthorFwish11

How do I add a photo?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Fwish11:

That sucks! From your apartment or a common basement?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Call bike shops, too. Do you have the serial number? If not check with the shop you bought it from, they might be able to find it."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorsmoothness
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2015 edited

Found a S*****a (brand removed, because I am paranoid as fuck, sounds like Bogota) in Cambridge, no lock on a bike rack. Anyone know someone who was missing one? Or did I just steal some idiot's bike? If anyone works at a bike shop, please check your "omg, stolen bike" list. Going to go to shops tomorrow with information.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStinky Cheez
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2015 edited

That the looked-to-be-stolen bike that maybe got posted about elsewhere today?

eta: ah, yes, yes it is.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2015

Haha, came here from Reddit to post about it.

Too slick and too smooth, Ness.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2015

i has been found out. those people on reddit are stupid; if you gave them a hammer and a puppy trapped in a car, they'd require a quorum to decide the moral implications of using a hammer in a public space without an adult present while the puppy died.
    smoothness:those people on reddit are stupid; if you gave them a hammer and a puppy trapped in a car, they'd require a quorum to decide the moral implications of using a hammer in a public space without an adult present while the puppy died.

I think this is actually quite a charitable assessmenti mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    smoothness:i has been found out. those people on reddit are stupid; if you gave them a hammer and a puppy trapped in a car, they'd require a quorum to decide the moral implications of using a hammer in a public space without an adult present while the puppy died.

+1. Rather shocked, and yet am not surprised by, the amount of flak you got from the armchair warriors on Reddit.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2015

I'll take it."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2015 edited

you cannot have as wedding present. shoo. also, what are the fucking odds that someone names the color scheme and the brand, but the wrong size? I mean, they could have just read what I posted up here and took a wild stab in the dark, trying to fool me (if so: go die in a fire), but if that really happened...I feel so shitty for getting this dude's hopes up. anyone know someone named Shane?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Maybe ask if they can produce a photo of it? Or what shop they take it to you can check with as a reference? Brand of pedals on it?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    well if they bought it used from a dumbass they might have been told the wrong size?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy

@ nandy: i never mentioned the brand, or the parts configuration, so that was my 'is this really yours' test.
    @ tiny: i asked him if he knew his size, he told me, "c-c, it's xx. it had a mix of open pro and campy, some athena, some random parts." so i'm thinking he actually knew what he had.

anyway, that one was a bust. so bummed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile mick
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2015 edited

smoothness: anyone know someone named Shane?
    there's a shane from this forum, stilgar, never on anymore. i don't think he has a bike by that brand though. probably rides about a 56. there's another shane, OG elinor from here's brother, who i also don't think has a bike like that. probably rides a 54.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2015

Elinor's brother lives in Tel Aviv, so probs not him.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2015 edited

smoothness:@ nandy: i never mentioned the brand, or the parts configuration, so that was my 'is this really yours' test.
    @ tiny: i asked him if he knew his size, he told me, "c-c, it's xx. it had a mix of open pro and campy, some athena, some random parts." so i'm thinking he actually knew what he had.

anyway, that one was a bust. so bummed.

Wait, I'm confused -- someone contacted you with the correct brand and colorway and the correct parts mix but the wrong size and it was still a bust? How is that possible? Plenty of people riding high-end bikes don't know their ass from their elbow.

By the way, Bogota is pronounced differently.

ETA: Oh, wait, I think I get it -- he contacted you telling you precisely the c-c and parts mix of the bike he had that was stolen, and this thing was considerably different so you were convinced it was the wrong guy. Was the size WAAAAAAY off, and how different was the parts mix from what he said? Is it explainable as parts swapping done by the thief?::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2015

Remy's Hot Pink Steamroller just got stolen about 20 minutes ago around Star Market in Porter, keep an eye out.

https://www.facebook.com/remy.morrison

• CommentTimeOct 23rd 2015 edited

@ pocky: the sizing was considerably off. and i asked him for a serial number...and unless they have serial numbers in different places on bow-GOTTAs, that shit wasn't even close.

ALSO: does anyone know remy? can someone ask him if he can edit his reddit post so I can continue my search for the owner of the bike I found? they gave me so much shit...but I am still trying.
    • CommentAuthorlford
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2015

Hey bfixed my name's Lee, long time lurker posting for the first time because my bike was just jacked :(

Bike is a redish brown Raleigh conversion with flat handlebars and little heart-hub stickers on the frame, taken from North Street in the North End sometime between 5pm yesterday and 6am this morning. Here's a picture from a few years ago, it mostly looks like this but with fenders and a front rack with a milk crate.

I'm keeping an eye on CL but I know realistically I will probably never see this thing again and it is breaking my heart. If you think you see it you can message me on here or give me a call, my cell is 44three-465-86zero6. Thanks friends
    call up urban adventours to keep an eye out. they've had stolen bikes come thru before.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    and maybe walk around the west end...You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    Hi Lee, UA GM here. I passed your photo around the shop and I'll let you know if something comes through

We do get a a dece amount of stolen/probably stolen stuff come throughNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2015

chr|s sedition:This guy goes to Bike Party Events.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

You might also known him from, well, unfortunately, from here;

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And this: Link to police story

Be mindful of your belongings.

saw this guy walking his bike from lower allston into allston today. lock yo shit.MUFFDVR
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2015

the best part of the official picture is that the MBTA chose to use a font+outline that matches meme generators.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2015

keep a lookout for this bike stolen last night in allston:

MUFFDVR
    ^I feel this is like his 3rd stolen bike in the past 4 years or so. Could be wrong and still sucks. Any word on how it was stolen? (Cut lock, broke into storage space, etc)?

Will keep eyes pealed.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorsmoze
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2015 edited

Keep a lookout for my black cannondale - stolen off of Northeastern's campus last night
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2015

smoze:

Keep a lookout for my black cannondale - stolen off of Northeastern's campus last night

Fixed for non-hugeness.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorsmoze
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2015

pocky:
    smoze:

Fixed for non-hugeness.

Thank you, I have no clue how you did it.
    just add width=xxx inside your image tag, usually somewhere between 600 and 800 is good. Whenever you're not sure how someone did something you can just quote their post and you'll see.

I'ma edit your post to bring it down in size. Then you can click edit and see what I did.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2015 edited

This was listed stolen on the BBP page. I guess you know what to do it you spot it, but I'm mostly putting this here because I would have felt bad making fun of it on their page. LOOK AT THIS THING. That's a $4,000.00 battery bike before the "rare custom" paint job. Looks like Ford is doing about as well as Puma at bikes.

As a side note, when I was in Boston a few days ago I saw one of those electric bike company vans (forgot which one) being driven erratically by someone who was also on their phone."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthortheboy
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2016 edited

•  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2016

Lugged carbon LOOK frames are a curse. The previous owner is lucky that it has been stolen from them.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbuddymike
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2016

If anyone in Union Square is missing a rear wheel from an "abandoned" bike, Somervelo has it.
    It was brought to them buy some guy claiming it was taken off an abandoned bike. Nice parts, wheel looked well maintained.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2016

Was it a silver campy 9 speed wheel? If so, its mine.MUFFDVR
    • CommentAuthormp050
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2016 edited

Hello -

This was stolen off of my porch last night on Oak St, between Inman and Union Square. If anyone sees it or anything, please let me know at michael.peretti@gmail.com. Only difference it now has pink handlebar tape and no toe clips. Thanks!

•  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2016

That's upsetting. How'd they get it? Did they saw through the porch wood?::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    From the Somerville Moms listserv via Mrs. Fries:

My husband's self-made chopper bicycle was stolen off our East Arlington
    porch in the last 24 hours. It's a tall bike, of mostly blue frame. Please
    keep an eye out. Thanks, ElizabethDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D