Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Bike was found. Who steals a friggin' tall bike anyway.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Definitely not this guy...

clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    creepyDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2016

surprisefries:Bike was found. Who steals a friggin' tall bike anyway.

late pass but the guy who's bike got stolen was my co-worker Nate. His wife told everyone she could to be on the look out, including their mail carrier. A few hours later the mail carrier said another USPS employee spotted it abandoned. So the lesson be good to the folks that deliver your shit.
    Stolen last night off the front of a MBTA bus in Chelsea. I forgot my gloves so decided to take the bus home.
    Holdsworth Silver grey, DA rear wheel, generator front, DA cranks, Flatbars, front brake, DA headset, Cambium Saddle, caridice bagTake-off everything but your rainboots
    Goddamn dude, you have the worst luck.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2016

I want to know the story behind this one.

You were on the bus and saw your bike on the front, then you looked down for a while, and then you looked up again and the bike was gone? Did the driver remember who took it off? Presumably one of the bus passengers. MBTA buses have interior security cameras, don't they? Maybe there's an angle that would show who took your bike off the front?

Or did some random dude just run out into the street, grab the bike off the front of the bus, and ride off, flipping you the bird the whole way?::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    Yeah anyway, what the fuck with the bus driver.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Bus was packed, I sat at the back. I've put the bike on the bike racks many times so I wasn't too worried. I was engrossed int book. When I got off of the bus the rack was folded up and the bike was gone. MBTA drive said she didn't notice anyone taking the bike off. She called the transit cops blah blah blah...Take-off everything but your rainboots
    D:i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    I had a front wheel stolen from the rack behind an apartment building near four years ago (cheap QR, no big). They also popped my saddle and tossed it on the ground. That entire rack is basically a boneyard of frames and wheels from how often bikes get stolen.

Begs the question, what the fuck does some crackhead do with just a front wheel? At the time I talked to Ferris and BnB and they said they never have people come in to try to sell them just wheels.
    Too lazy to change their flat.Take-off everything but your rainboots
    My personal theory regarding accessory theft (particularly saddles) is that it is done in hopes of immobilizing your bike, so that they can come back later and steal the whole thing when they have more time/less chance of getting caught.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    So the person that stole my top-cap and a few headset spacers was just playing the long game?You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    A couple of years ago we had a rash of six or seven bikes coming in with the headset bearings being stolen. Most of the time the stem was even put back in place and tightened but the spacers and bearings would always be gone.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorjterb
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2016

Bike was stolen last night (June 4) from a locked front porch in Jamaica Plain. 61cm Surly Pacer, green, Shimano 105 parts, Open Pro rims. (Picture in link below)

If found, please get at me at 860 466 0910, and then light whomever stole the bike on fire.

Bike: https://www.instagram.com/p/BGSBzaXwquX/?taken-by=jtomai
    nooooooooYou said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    jwjones:Hi,

I know its a long shot but I am posting everywhere trying to find this bike. It was stolen front the NW corner of Beacon, very near the Ghost Bike memorial for Anita Kurmann. It has a lot of sentimental value to me as it belonged to my grandfather and this frame rode Baja California on a tour back in 1989. I have since converted to single speed and made it my own.

Stolen from behind my back at about 6:15pm on Friday, July 15th.

1985 Trek 720
    Burgundy
    Single Speed
    Copper Bell
    Brooks B17 w/ copper rivets
    Boston bike Party Spoke Cards

I will try to upload photos later but do not currently have any pics hosted anywhere.

Thanks for this site,

-Josh

Moved here so it will stay at the top and be more visible.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2016

Posting for a friend:

My bike was just stolen from the back of Bank of America in JP. If you see a jerk on a bike with a flat black finish with some red stripes and a crossbar slanted down, run him over.

Keep an eye out! I'll update with photo when/if I get one.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/bop/5845258070.html

Sketchy looking clist post for a Circle A single speed frame. Couldn't find record of one missing, nor am I familiar with the bike. Anyone on here recognize it?
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2016

thejackroller:http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/bop/5845258070.html

Sketchy looking clist post for a Circle A single speed frame. Couldn't find record of one missing, nor am I familiar with the bike. Anyone on here recognize it?

Checked into that earlier because it's a steal at the price, but it's a 66cm frame.

The price is likely because it's nearly impossible to sell when it's that gigantic
    Mrs Fries' bike got jacked last night from 3rd St. Cambridge around EVOO, Firebrand Saints area. It's a several year old San Jose, green, paint very chipped from locking up, bright blue bar tape. Size is like a 49? I think it's the smallest size that still has 700c wheels. Front tire is red, full rear fender (no front fender IIRC but I might be wrong).

ETA Also there's a black trailer hitch on the rear axle, and a white bottle cage.

ETA2 seven 1 seven 7 five 6 five 2 five 4 is my cellDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D