Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Random request, I know -- but I was wondering if there are any ex-dispatchers and the like here who have experience in the pricing side of messengering?

I'm mostly wondering what mathematical/mental gymnastics happen to decide that a given job costs a given price, and how different factors (employee pay, distance, size of parcel, urgency) factor into it.

If anyone has experience (or knows someone who does) it would be mucho-awesome if I can has ur helpz.Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.
    downtown to downtown is generally about $6-8 i think. the messenger then gets a percentage. depending on the company, you get charged extra for factors like urgency, size, wait time, and wrong addresses.
    •  
      CommentAuthorhowl
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2008 edited

http://www.messengers.org/contacts
    purports to be a list of cities, with a downtown tag price for each one.

i think it's a flat rate for a single area, generally downtown, with defined increases in price for oversize, rush, and deliveries outside of the downtown area.Troglodytarum is latin for troll
    This is helpful. Thanks!Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjacobs
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2008

messengers.org is very out of date, we (the ifbma council) are working on it.

what do you want this info for?