Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2008

so tonight was my first (sober/legitimate) attempt at rollers. good times. although apparently my downstairs neighbor didn't appreciate my rollerin', music blasting adventure. and i ate frosted mini wheats with soy milk for dinner. bad choice (additionally, i found out afterwards that trader joe's frosted mini wheats have gelatin in them?! what the hell. gelatin is in everything that is good! ruining shit! i now have a box of said cereal up for grabs)

anyway, stream of consciousness babble over...people keep saying they want a roller party. and i was thinking...what exactly does a roller party entail? is this going to involve me and a bunch of gross, smelly spandex-clad dudes being lame and riding bikes indoors, dripping sweat everywhere?

[b/c if so, count me in. i come equipped with my own sweat mat!]
    swedish fish are vegan.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsmelliott

i love swedish fish! even more than chocolate and peanut butter.I’m the paté on the Universal cracker. I’m the grout holding your shower tiles on. I’m out of the saddle, sprinting up that hill and eating glazed donut bracelets off the right arm of Jesus.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits

i'll take your mini-wheats, i'm almost out of mine!
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

All frosted mini wheats have gelatin.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

you have no idea what a relief it was to realize that swedish fish did not have gelatin. [and sour patch kids] and twizzler's. i was snacking on some cherry twizzler's pull-n-peels sunday with my coconut sooibos latte prior to the sprints sunday. this could explain why i felt like my tummy was about to return all of it's contents after sprinting...hm.

anyway! i never thought to check and see if there was gelatin in frosted mini wheats. that is soooo lame. bran cereals for lyfe, i guess. raisin bran ho!

annnd...back to topic! rollers ho!
    ratattack:so tonight was my first (sober/legitimate) attempt at rollers. good times. although apparently my downstairs neighbor didn't appreciate my rollerin', music blasting adventure. and i ate frosted mini wheats with soy milk for dinner. bad choice (additionally, i found out afterwards that trader joe's frosted mini wheats have gelatin in them?! what the hell. gelatin is in everything that is good! ruining shit! i now have a box of said cereal up for grabs)

anyway, stream of consciousness babble over...people keep saying they want a roller party. and i was thinking...what exactly does a roller party entail? is this going to involve me and a bunch of gross, smelly spandex-clad dudes being lame and riding bikes indoors, dripping sweat everywhere?

[b/c if so, count me in. i come equipped with my own sweat mat!]

Yeah, my folks asked if I wanted rollers/trainer for the holidays and I told them not to bother for that specific reason. I can hear my downstairs neighbor play piano, and my upstairs neighbor walk around in the AM. If I rollered I'd have to be mid-day, and that seems kinda boring. I'd rather just go ride.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2008

Rollers are supposed to be boring. Damn kids! Get off my lawn!
    A roller party would be neat. We could line ourselves up and play human dominoes!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

why ride indoors is what i wonder.
    chuck_norris:A roller party would be neat. We could line ourselves up and play human dominoes!

yeah, an apartment for a roller party would have to have a lot of doorways.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSoft T-Rex

haven't tried rollers yet but I will have by next week, we'll see how that turns outHey, aren't you a dinosaur?
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

You ride inside, because it's icy out and you don't want to slip and smash your face.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    •  
      CommentAuthorjacobs
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2008 edited

riding rollers isn't a replacement for riding outside. it is good to work on your cadence and pedal form. most rollers don't have a resitance unit, so it's not much for power.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjacobs

yeah, an apartment for a roller party would have to have a lot of doorways.

it doesn't take too long to get comfortable enough to not need a doorway/table to get started/not fall down.
    ratattack:. . .i was snacking on some cherry twizzler's pull-n-peels sunday with my coconut sooibos latte. . .

I see you've made the transition from macaroni and cheese vegetarian to sugar vegan. Well done.

-{I'm just joshin' ya!}-

-robot[all your base are belong to us]
    i just noticed the punn in the title!You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

whoa whoa whoa!
    Does that mean no more mac'n'cheese at laurens after rides?dongpincher 1000
    i-no-can-has-cheezburgr-i-is-vegeturiunz.jpg
    moar funny pictures[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

skittles in australia are vegan, and so are kosher gummy bears. i don't eat candy so i never really cared, though gummy bears are good every couple years!
    ^^Our animal friends are delicious.....

But I've seriously cut back my meat intake for more fruits, veggies, and fibers
    Also trying to eat less processed stuff.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    In the UK, Starbursts are vegan. One of my friends ships a big bag of them to me twice a year -- birthday and Christmas.

They never last more than two days.Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

^^^^i'm not vegan. i don't eat gelatin, though. it was the last [and hardest] thing i gave up for vegetarianism. [i loved marshmallows so hard]

anyway, the only time i cook/consume mac & cheese is on wednesdays, if danny's around. so don't worry, danny. i have it for you. and a phone charger that i want to you to take back. all for you.

ps. i'm a fruit addict. i constantly have at least one piece of fruit in my bag. so sugar-fake-vegan...yeah.
    ^ I've seen you eat mac-n-cheese when Danny's not around, so based on that you're entire statement is all lies!Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorg0balistik

I have rollers but they are loud and I have to ride them in the basement at night time, otherwise everyone comes hollerin'. Also, one gets really hot and I usually ride in little clothes. I am not too excited about doing that with a group.

I don't know if I will ever appreciate people's desire to give up perfectly normal foods.
    •  
      CommentAuthorg0balistik

nevermind, this is about rollers!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

Aaron Gigantic:^ I've seen you eat mac-n-cheese when Danny's not around, so based on that you're entire statement is all lies!

in the past year? no. back when i drank lots of milk and ate cheese all the time? yeah.
    ^Anyway, sorry for the hijack. I haven't been on rollers for a long time so I'd be game to make a fool of myself.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

go vegan or go home!e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    ratattack:
    Aaron Gigantic:^ I've seen you eat mac-n-cheese when Danny's not around, so based on that you're entire statement is all lies!

in the past year? no. back when i drank lots of milk and ate cheese all the time? yeah.

more like two weeks ago...Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorg0balistik

go eat what you want! nobody cares about how you limit yourself!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

haha. but it tastes like chalky chemicals to me now! which is why i know i haven't eaten it recently.

anyway. rollers. aaron has them too. so i don't know why he's still trying to call me out about what i eat instead of talking about his kreitlers.
    yes, I have awesome old Kreitlers, from way back when Mr. Kreitler made them himself. They're smooth as sin but I haven't had much free time to use them lately.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown

I have pvc cyclops rollers that I haven't used since I picked up a trainer. I hate riding inside and it's easier to watch star trek on a trainer than rollers.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    mrotown:. . .it's easier to watch Star Wars on a trainer than rollers.

fixed for your sake and the sake of all humanityPh'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    • CommentAuthorgone

•  
      CommentAuthorratattack

it's only badass b/c you're bars are sweet.

but...
    15 yo kid. 3rd place in nyc alleycat. first time on rollers. he had quite the busy day...
    ^I wish I was that awesome when I was a youngling.
    (But I was in Seventeen Magazine when I was 15.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

hah! details?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

^Ya'll better watch out.. kids coming for the Pony Up..
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

oh hey morgan. you ever figure out your rollers? you in for some rollerin'?

[i call "not it" for riding next to morgan]
    •  
      CommentAuthorrobotbuilder

^^^Well, I was a teen model.[all your base are belong to us]
    ^And an astronaut.[all your base are belong to us]
    ^I invented the Internet.[all your base are belong to us]
    ^starred in "My Little Pony" and "Carebears"?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2008

ratattack:oh hey morgan. you ever figure out your rollers? you in for some rollerin'?

[i call "not it" for riding next to morgan]

hahaha yeah, I ride em while watching law and order occasionally now... I'm not up to guitar hero or drinking contests though I don't think, although I suck at both of those regardless...
    robotbuilder:^I invented the Internet.

sorry buddy, this robot created the internets.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    no, do it.

guitar hero and rollers is so god damned fun. you don't even know.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.