Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008

upper deckers are awesome for ex-girlfriends
    •  
      CommentAuthorrobotbuilder
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008 edited

^^Mark! I'm calling you out, tell us your story. . .
    -robot[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008

stilgar:I laughed my head off cause one of the "1000 blank white cards" game cards that my friend tony made was "upper decker" +500 pts.

reminds me of the sheep market(moscow)
    ^Please, continue to derail this thread.
    -robot[all your base are belong to us]
    One time at band camp I stuck a flute up my ass. Now my reed tastes horrible. I wonder why?WWJD
    flutes do not have reeds?there ain't no magic in the breakdown baby
    • CommentAuthorjohnderson
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2008

zing.
    top for precious b.fixed reminiscence.

so this thread is from 2008 before i was a messenger, when i really wanted to be a messenger but was afraid to outright admit it, before i knew how much more this job had to offer than a chance to finally be cool. by the end of the year i had left school for the first of three or four times, i don't even remember. it wasn't a good time. shortly thereafter i applied to a few companies around town and in march 2009 i was on the road.

i was hired by lasership, appropriately nicknamed lazyshit, tho i was far too big a rookie to realize why or what it even meant to hustle. my first day i rode up to drydock to pick up my packages. paychex to southie. i didn't know i was supposed to sort them, it took me a few days to figure that out, so i grabbed the pile, shoved them into my suddenly-too-small custom seagull bag, and zigzagged around south boston. there were probably only 35 envelopes to deliver, but i didn't know the area too well and some addresses weren't on the map. it also rained for like two-thirds of my first month on the job. once i asked maniac, how he works in the rain and snow and he shrugged and could barely say, 'i don't know.' that first week, around 2 or 3pm, i think, dispatch ('dispatch') would have to call another rider to help me out. i was always relieved. what is work?

those packages only paid about $1.75 a piece, so the very first messenger advice i ever got was to get a guarantee quick. joe told me that. i had never asked a boss for more money before and wasn't sure i deserved it, but i did it and i got it. $400 a week for significantly less than $400 in deliveries. work went on. i'd finish my route within a reasonable timespan and check in with butch for some on-demand work, of which there was next to none. they hired a couple full-time on-demand riders, who didn't yet have guarantees and pointed out that there wasn't enough work for me to break mine. so i stopped checking in and started day drinking in the square with people i only knew by face.

interlude

and we're back. i want to talk about donnan for a minute. i think i met him after lasership office moved to woburn, when we'd meet a driver every morning in copley square (or the parking lot on drydock, or the main p.o., or probably sometimes when it was a different driver who didn't know the city up at boylston/mass ave...........). (i remember now that one of the drivers we'd routinely meet up with was a beautiful twenty-something russian woman who had to be making deliveries before i was even awake, who was often asleep in the front seat when i rolled up on my bike.) anyway, donnan. donnan used to play in george clinton's band, but he was caught up with heroin and wound up homeless for a while. when i met him he was in a methadone clinic, where he stopped every morning before work. i didn't really know what to think about it. it was just so beyond my scope of understanding, being a sheltered 21-year-old kid from the suburbs. but he was a nice guy and it was easy to strike up a conversation with him, and us both being messengers we were equals. by the way donnan gave me my first bowl. i don't have it anymore, i dropped it on the floor of my bedroom and it broke.

on the subject of marijuana: it goes really well with being a bike messenger. i remember early on my compatriots deciding to smoke a bowl as we waited for a driver. ('so and so is sick. we've got the driver on his way now. it'll be about twenty minutes.' and then, 'he doesn't know where you guys are, can you go meet him at such and such a location?') they didn't invite me along yet, but they would. some days after grabbing our packages, three or four of us would roll from the trinity church to the 7-11 dartmouth to commonwealth mall and get blunted as fuck. i repeat, what is work?

TO BE CONTINUED.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2014

Donnan wears a suit to work now
    that's awesome. doing what, if i might ask?You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    conor! for mod:

needz long urlDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    conor! for mod:
    on the subject of marijuana: i am a samurai

TO BE CONTINUED.
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2014

I like your writing conor.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2014

i got certified for medical cannabis. it was pretty easy.
    And for the low low price of $29.95, you can tell us how?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2014

check integr8.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrock dathe
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2014

conor! for mod:that's awesome. doing what, if i might ask?

he works in some capacity with troubled folks, maybe as an addiction counselor
    •  
      CommentAuthortone

DQ: What does one do with a medical cannabis card in a state that doesn't have any open dispensaries and a 1:1 ratio for caregivers to patients?We are the small axe.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Ebay?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2014 edited

tone:DQ: What does one do with a medical cannabis card in a state that doesn't have any open dispensaries and a 1:1 ratio for caregivers to patients?

you'd be surprised...
    •  
      CommentAuthortone

So basically the same non-legal stuff one would do if they didn't have a card? Can't I purchase on the black market with or without a card? Really, just curious over here and trying to make sense of this grey area that the state has set up.We are the small axe.
    I used to do money orders for a dude when I worked at CVS who ordered huge amounts of weed by USPS, because of some loophole regarding the state he was from having dispensaries and his having a medical card from that state. FYI, I am a lawyer and y'all should try this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2014

reciprocity. grey area, but it's there.
    ben:I like your writing conor.

thanks, ben, that means a lot. it's not something i do often these days, having gotten totally burnt out on it in college, so your encouragement is doubly nice.

rock dathe:
    conor! for mod:that's awesome. doing what, if i might ask?

he works in some capacity with troubled folks, maybe as an addiction counselor

ah, right on.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    juggaluminati:I used to do money orders for a dude when I worked at CVS who ordered huge amounts of weed by USPS

"I love my mailman 'cause he's my drug dealer, and he doesn't even know it!"DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D