Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMiiike
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2008

I end up riding to my gf's a bunch, and don't like having to bring a bag sometimes. This leads me to the solution of having a sweet-ass basket. I know a bunch of you have them, so do you have any suggestions? I'm not trying to spend tons, but I also don't want a piece of garbage. What should i look out for / check out?

<3 Mikesports!
    Bikes that are obviously abandoned and have a basket already? ;-)clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    I have a Wald thats nice, but like most I stare lovingly at the CETMA website...Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSoft T-Rex

Yeah I was looking to get one myself soon, I put an old vintage one on a cruiser for my girlfriend, dunno where it came from but it looks nice. Ever since then I've been pretty jealous of it.Hey, aren't you a dinosaur?
    •  
      CommentAuthoradam

CETMAs are wonderful, I wish I had the money for one. Maybe someday
    ^ditto. Esp now that they have the removable fences/rails.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

I rock a wald somedays... I like it, although they do rust quickly
    the small size wald is pretty sweet and priced right. mine is black powder coat, seems tougher than the silver.

the other easy to find and cheap basket is made by some chinese company called sun(?). I like the wald a lot because it mounts to brazeons. so the front wheel comes off easily. the sun basket mounts to the axle and is a huge pain if you need to take the wheel off. it does have nicely made adjustable tubes to support the basket rather than the walds stamped steel legs.im the mad midnight bomber what bombs at midnigh! yeah baby yeah!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008

i don't have a basket, but i have a front rack... it's really nice to be able to haul crazy shit around, and (especially) beer.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008

check the rivendell site. they have a cheap one that looks pretty good.
    this is my basket...

a little on the feminine side but it's awesome. got it at Greenward in Porter square.never say die