Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Bike polo folk!!

so this guy by the name of chris fallon stopped in to show us some shirts(wool). he is from earth,wind,& rider.. www.ewnr.com so check them out! we may start carrying some jersey's...
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008

aren't they like a 120$
    and ugly?
    not to be negative or anything...I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    no they're not. lol. yeah it's wool. they have a bunch of different color combo's.. i'm not sure how much we'd charge for them..then again you know me..i think we met like once..discount.. he has examples of them. this one hoodie type one is wicked sweet, comes w/thumb holes etc. not gonna lie..the polo logo is pretty sweet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008 edited

these are the ones right?
    harris is selling them for $160.
    http://harriscyclery.net/itemdetails.cfm?ID=2701I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2008

those look nice i just wouldn't wanna spend much more than 40$ on it especially if i would be playing polo in itEverybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    yeah you don't have to choose that particular color scheme if you didn't want the boston logo on it. if we decide to include e.w.r in our supplier circle then yeah..we'd discount it. also if enough people wanted them we would sell them at 110.00 it's just a thought. i don't think you're being negative btw. ;-p
    FUCKING lame, That's biting the culture, anyone caught wearing one will be beaten to death by all real Boston Polo players.If not just me. FUCK YOU earth wind and biter!WWJD
    they have no right to make money off us. Thats total bullshit. Fuck that shitWWJD
    Here's an email I just sent them:

why the fuck are you biting Boston bike polo? No one asked you to bite our game and make those jersey's, you've got a lot of nerve. WE WILL BITE BACK profiteering assholes!WWJD
    isn't it more of a question along the lines of why they feel there's a target audience that would buy it?Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    I think everyone that plays bike polo out to send them a similar message!WWJD
    yeah, well "bike culture" is big biz. It's way cooler to look like you ride a bike than to actually ride a bike, or play polo for that matter.
    As a group Boston Bike Polo should make a stand. It's not even a fucking "society" as they mistakingly call it.
    Corporate whores!WWJD
    I'm just kinda surprised that someone that doesn't play bike polo would buy a bike polo jersey. but you're right, its just business.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    economic boycott anyone?WWJD
    wait, the riddler ones? yeech... they should be burnt regardless...Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2008

why do you think that the people from your bike polo circle are the only people in Boston or from boston who play bicycle polo? it's not a support invented by the "urban" cycling crowd.. http://www.bicyclepolo.org/

i hate this "they be jackin meh culture" BS...
    Cause I've been playing in Boston on and off since it's modern inception(the Croth days),since I started being a courier in 91 I certainly know whats up in this scene, courier/polo and beyond. I don't think EW and Biter is jacking it, I know it. And just because they MAY know someone that plays doesn't give them the right to jack it. Is that picture from Boston? NO, it isn't cause I know Boston and it's bike culture. Better than a lot of people, albeit not everyone. So how the fuck does your picture of some wankers posing for a bike polo portrait have anything to do with anything? It doesn't, you raised no real point, just showed some more of your stupid fucking intellect. If I'm wrong, where was the stupid picture taken, Boston? NO, I didn't think so. I don't print Celtics jersey's and sell them cause I don't play for the Celtics. If I did I would be jacking their shit. So wake the fuck up dummy.WWJD
    .there ain't no magic in the breakdown baby
    corporate kiss assWWJD
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

by the way.. WTF is up with prince william having a fender on his polo bike??
    I can see it now: I started a virtual bicycle community and was wondering if I could get a free jersey since I'm such a do gooder...WWJD
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2008 edited

all I'm try'n to say is something like this: I wear a "Canada" track jacket a lot.. I wear it not because I'm on the Canadian track team, but because I like wearing track style jackets and I'm Canadian so when I saw the jacket I thought it was sweet..

So what's to say that there isn't some WASPy Bostonian living in somewhere like Europe or South Africa where bike polo in the form picture is played that is a fan of the sport and also wants to sport a lil Boston pride?? if you don't like the shirt don't buy one.. It's probably a bad business choice but I don't think it is offensive culture jack'n type shit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits

while it's obvious this isn't who EWR intended the jersey for, i'm sure someone played bike polo in the sleepy UK fishing town of Boston long before people did here.

however, it's certainly strange. i wouldn't call it corporate co-option, since i doubt this company is even that big, but i don't really understand why they would produce a product like this. i don't see any need.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch

yeah its really bad business sense on their partEverybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

gregtheripper:while it's obvious this isn't who EWR intended the jersey for, i'm sure someone played bike polo in the sleepy UK fishing town of Boston long before people did here.

however, it's certainly strange. i wouldn't call it corporate co-option, since i doubt this company is even that big, but i don't really understand why they would produce a product like this. i don't see any need.

yup
    EW & biter is doing it only for the money! they didn't offer any polo players a discount and certainly didn't ask anyone about the design. But there is where the problem lies. Because the Canada track team obviously got paid by the manufacturer of your track jacket for licensing fee's etc. that's why no one has a problem with your Canada track jacket (as lame as it may be). There is no such body regarding Boston Bike polo, and therefore they shouldn't "ethically" be making money off of something they ABSOLUTELY have nothing to do with, other than profiteering off our sometimes hard work and/or recreation. So that's the rub. I made "Boston Bike Polo" T shirts and gave them all to Tyler,if he gets off his fat lazy ass and sells some the money is going to Boston Bike Polos BBQ/Beer fund. I paid for the shirts and printed them, and all I got for my time and money was ONE printed T-shirt, and hopefully a 6pack down the line........ EW and Biter is making five times that amount with one jersey they sell and have never been to ONE game. Haven't donated shit. Have nothing to do with it but raking in money from our efforts. They don't even make those Jersey's in house. Probably sweatshop to boot.WWJD
    Your "team Canada" jacket had to pay it's due's to make money off the people that built it into a marketable product. EW and Biter has cut out the middle man i.e. us. and for that they should be exiledWWJD
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

^hmm this point is understandable..
    And no, I don't think we are the only people in Boston that play/ever played bike polo. But the EW and Biter shirt doesn't say Boston Bike polo players that moved to Oregon but still play or anything like it. It says "Boston Bike Polo" and added "society". Not Somerville or Allston or any other place, BOSTON. And I think everyone would agree there is a distinct group of people known as Boston Bike Polo. They are the people that play(d) the game and have made it into a profitable/marketable product so that's why I say they be jacking our culture.WWJD
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

at least you can take some small amount of comfort in the fact that they can't possibly be makin that much money off that shit, with those designs and prices...
    i doubt this company has ever heard of boston bike polo, if you look at their website they just made a shirt for every major city.

specialized did the same thing to the langster, i am not sure what the big deal isthere ain't no magic in the breakdown baby
    yeah i don't know i just put it out there. i didn't think it would piss so many people out. they obviously have sort of shirts(plain black hoodies). they're located on oxford street. the person who designed the polo logo thing plays polo. i'm guessing that people who wanted team shit would appreciate it. it's incredibly pricey i'm not saying it isn't. in all honesty if i can get the plain black hoodie for a cheap price i'm gonna take it. so yeah, apparently polo is very big over in cali. so again..sorry to erk so many individuals.
    alexi gigantic:nahh the company knows enough to know about boston bike polo. the guys are actuality really nice with horrible design sense. They sent some UGLY jerseys for donations for the 6 degrees race

yeah it's a small company. his earlier stuff really wasn't so bueno..he even admitted it. they've stopped by before didn't really impress the store. however, yeah they had nicer stuff. again they're nice guys..i forget who they got in to design the logo. i think his name is will..young guy. again sorry doods.
    I understand they are not going to get rich from overpriced polo jersey's but I'm just saying that it's wrong for them to make scratch. I tend to really get into this whole debate thing. You may have noticed? I change my name a lot because you can. Variety is the spice of life they say. Hiya Sonia! I have no idea who u r ? I was wee bit "tipsy" and have forgotten many many details of that night. My fondest memory is walking/stumbling to my shop at 3:30 in the morning with beer stains all over the front of my pants and hearing a group of yuppies say "look at that homeless dude, he's fucked up and he's pissed his pants......" I actually like the EW and Biter hoodies, they're badass. but when they bit bike polo they lost me for life.WWJD
    The design is completely irrelevant. FOCUSWWJD
    and just cause they jack every major city doesn't make it right. It's really no different than all the assholes that printed up NYC firefighter shit post 911, all for profit. They had no right either.WWJD
    alexi gigantic:well how 'bout sending them an e-mail not freaking out at them but just telling them what your feelings are and why they are? what ever happened to the revolution bikes ewr hoodies?

yeah i'm sure they'd listen. they seemed like they were open to ideas. in fact thats what he said.."imput is good". so yeah i mean if you guys have ideas..or really wanted to know more about the company just ask. sass= yeah we met very briefly i was in the bathroom line. what a crazy night.
    nice. yeah i wasn't sure if i should post his phone number. his email however...
    chris@ewnr.com his full name is chris fallon
    yeah i know i got the card.. yeah...hey nice build on the vicini btw..it's chilling with us at the moment..
    The damage is already done. If he really wanted input he would've gone to Bike Polo just once and asked B4 they were made. Or even myspaced Boston Bike Polo. Even EW and Biter has heard of myspace by now...WWJD
    Faaaak yeah, that night was crazy!!! EW and Biter can suck on my tiny balls. Anyone that wants to can. Just stay away from my BBSO (big black strap on) I gotta keep it clean till gravity gets a turn. No you d' int!WWJD
    BIG BLACK STRAP-ON:Faaaak yeah, that night was crazy!!! EW and Biter can suck on my tiny balls. Anyone that wants to can. Just stay away from my BBSO (big black strap on) I gotta keep it clean till gravity gets a turn. No you d' int!

haha..awkward.. don't know how to reply.. but yeah.. the party was really nice..hanging out with some peeps from nyc awesome as well..cali can really break dance! ;-p
    Yeah, those kids could dance for sure! I was just kidding about my big blackness.WWJD
    yeah i'm stoked about chilling with them very soon@monstertrack. i love nyc(sorry, but i like boston too)..and i love to dance even if i don't know how to very well. ;-p
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

If you really want to protest such a leet culture as biek powlo being jacked by big bad shirt maker, don't burn them as they can instantly take something you will keep people from buying and convert those shirts into a loss. Ie write them off as vandalism or possibly even ask for you to pay them back directly/sue. Bad news.

Send them back. It will count against their total inventory and freak them out.

The funny thing, big black sass monster, or whatever your change your name to between answering your own posts, is that you and I agree on most things. I just can't stand your total lack of style while doing it.
    Íñigo Montoya:why do you think that the people from your bike polo circle are the only people in Boston or from boston who play bicycle polo? it's not a support invented by the "urban" cycling crowd.. http://www.bicyclepolo.org/

i hate this "they be jackin meh culture" BS...

The guy second from the right looks like Prince Harry.