Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2008 edited

timmybicicleta:

The guy second from the right looks like Prince Harry.

Íñigo Montoya:by the way.. WTF is up with prince william having a fender on his polo bike??

hmm caption when I found it said William, coulda been Harry tho..
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2008

The guy 4th from the left appears to be either riding fixed, or with a coaster. I don't see any levers or cables, and those bars are way short.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    you guys are retardedWWJD
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

I've got a huge box of candy on my coffee table. I don't need to care.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi

boundgear:a leet culture as biek powlo

lolI'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    •  
      CommentAuthorrobotbuilder
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2008 edited

javier:

Awesome, I love the crest. Best part is, I have the bad taste, money, and lack of concern for bike culture and bike polo necessary to wear one.
    I think I'm going to drive over to Harris and pick one up!

-robot

[edit]
    Ok, the real best part is, I don't even play.
    [/edit]

[edit]
    Seriously though, compete with this culture harvesting the American way. Use your position in the scene to usurp their market by offering your own polo jerseys.
    [/edit][all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorweapon x

I also have to say that I think the jersey designs are wicked awesome. The fancy crest, the 'society' etc, such old school British [horse] polo style.

But more importantly I have to agree with [insert whichever moniker James is currently using here] and say that, if they would have talked with Polo players and gotten some input, "hey this is our design, what do you think, isn't the irony of it great, hahaha..." things could've gone a lot better. Instead of polo-ers getting pissed about the jersey they'd be stoked to back somebody willing to hook them up with a rad jersey [especially if they weren't outrageously priced, and had whatever style you kids wanted].
    Too bad they didn't get the input, and now just come off like culcha jackin' profiteers. Maybe with some of this input, things will improve...

But, I don't know the company, and have yet to show up to polo, so feel free to ignore this. But it's how I saw it, from an outsider's perspective.

The Outsiders ... anyone?
    mess with the best, die like the rest
    I like Joshua's suggestion; I'd buy the hell out of a Sassy-made polo jersey, just to support the scene. And I've never played polo either.Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

I'd just wear a polo shirt at polo. If I remembered.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    I hate how cannondale specialized all the sudden started jumping on urban fixed gears, man thats so lame. I mean, their scene is ROAD bikes! how weak can you get when a ROAD bike company starts making TRACK bikes!

For that matter I hate how messengers jumped on track bikes, trying to pose like they are all badass track sprinters riding without brakes on some sort of urban velodrome! And now everybody with a vintage colnago track frame is making bank of the hard work of couriers across the country! They are totally taking advantage!

I also hate how rock and roll totally jacked black culture! we should totally boycott any band that can trace influence back to Elvis, he was a total poser, cashing in on other peoples ideas and reselling them to us!

and what about denim! how lame is it when people think wearing jeans is all cool because back in the day cowboys used to wear jeans! and their not even wearing authentic jeans! Its all tight jeans! Its like they totally stole the IDEA of jeans and then made them their own!im the mad midnight bomber what bombs at midnigh! yeah baby yeah!
    ummmmm... cannondale has made a track bike for years and they make killer mtb bikes.(maybe i missed your joke?)there ain't no magic in the breakdown baby
    PantsOffDanceOff:I hate how cannondale specialized all the sudden started jumping on urban fixed gears, man thats so lame. I mean, their scene is ROAD bikes! how weak can you get when a ROAD bike company starts making TRACK bikes!

For that matter I hate how messengers jumped on track bikes, trying to pose like they are all badass track sprinters riding without brakes on some sort of urban velodrome! And now everybody with a vintage colnago track frame is making bank of the hard work of couriers across the country! They are totally taking advantage!

I also hate how rock and roll totally jacked black culture! we should totally boycott any band that can trace influence back to Elvis, he was a total poser, cashing in on other peoples ideas and reselling them to us!

and what about denim! how lame is it when people think wearing jeans is all cool because back in the day cowboys used to wear jeans! and their not even wearing authentic jeans! Its all tight jeans! Its like they totally stole the IDEA of
    jeans and then made them their own!

What a bunch of stupid shit. This old saying applies to you: Keep your mouth shut and no one will know how dumb you are.
    If you were trying to be funny, don't cause your not.WWJD
    wait, what the hell is this kid talking about. editing his post and it is still shitty informationthere ain't no magic in the breakdown baby
    Shitty info?

Anyway, I sent my EW and Biter Jerseys back this morning. If you other fellows want to support them go ahead, I don't care.WWJD
    None you probably play Polo anyway. You just want to offer you two cents (yet again) about something you know little to nothing about. Cheers!WWJD
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008

i'm feelin' dat shirt. it dope.
    • CommentAuthorshepherd

boundgear:

Send them back. It will count against their total inventory and freak them out.
    • CommentAuthorshepherd

Actually boundgear they never left our total inventory, I left those jerseys at his shop last March and told him if he sold any he could pay us (at a discount) when he could, if not he could return them. They were a close out, not a very popular model, but they are still wool no matter what they look like, and nothing works like wool, I thought I was helping out a small shop trying to make it. Guess I was wrong. I never heard another word from him until yesterday when he called me an asshole.

The 3 he did not return on the other hand we will write off as a loss.

Chris @ EWR
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

Oh. I figured you kept inventory as physically in house. But, you use the much more honest method of nobody paid for them yet, hence we own them.

Word. I can respect that.

ps. I'm a wool fan, but I'm not feeling the style more than if someone's culture was jacked. You cats sell plain racing style jerseys in solid colors? And you guys give discounts to locals who ride over and pick it up?
    Look Bill, I didn't call you back because I can't see a phone call between us going very well. You guys took it upon yourselves to start making Polo jerseys without asking any one (in the polo community) about it. Not that you have to, it’s America and it’s a free market. But as I said b4 you’re profiting off of all of the polo players everywhere. In my book that’s pretty weak considering you guys haven't done JACK-DIDDLY for the polo community. So I don't really see what we should talk about? I'll send you your jersey's back ASAP; I don't want to support your business any longer. I realize we hold no patent on "Boston bike polo" but by you guys making those jerseys at this point it’s an obvious attempt to cash in on a "product" that we polo players have made popular (here in Boston and/or beyond). I'm not the spokesman for Boston Bike Polo so there's no need to talk to me about anything. I have no status other than any another polo player that feels used by EWR. I have the right to my opinion and you, yours. We need not talk about what our opinions are, about this, in great length. It’s a done deal. I am however sorry that I called you guys “assholes”, you were a nice enough fellow when we met. I sincerely apologize for my poor choice of adjective in my earlier email. In any case, I’ll see you when I see you.

Best regards, James
    p.s. I'll have your jerseys back to you by the end of the week.WWJD
    thats what I sent him and why. It's cool that he brought up the fact that I did in fact call him an "asshole" but not the apology that was sent to him long before he posted his response. kewl omission.WWJD
    <?