Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

So anywho, i was thinking for awhile about getting a tattoo
    and the other day concocted the idea for the Tarot Card, The Magician
    that would go under my left armpit on the inside of my arm
    thoughts? comments?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Major_01.jpg
    (a link because photobucket decides to fuck up alot)This is Television; Late Night Television; Scripted with Percision; a Corner Store Pulp Fiction
    If you want it, get it. Doesn't matter if people think its dumb, shit, I have the Chicago flag on my arm, a zombie indian eating a pilgrims head on my shin, and a Russian prison tattoo of Jesus on my leg - all of which I'm sure a lot of people would think are dumb. I value those tattoos more than the opinion someone might have of it.

And I say that in a sincere, non sarcastic way. Its something you're going to have on your body for the rest of your life, it'll last longer than the majority of friendships and lovers.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    it reminded me of super nintendo for some reason.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    I know nothing about Tarot cards. What's the significance - if any?clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Yes, but the Zombie Indian is probably the best tattoo ever conceived. Except for Swanie's Scumbag Cup tattoo.Word nerd
    taking action
    doing what needs to be done
    realizing your potential
    making what's possible real
    practicing what you preach
    carrying out plans
    producing magical results
    using your talents
    acting consciously
    knowing what you are doing and why
    acknowledging your motivations
    understanding your intentions
    examining the known situation
    concentrating
    having singleness of purpose
    being totally committed
    applying the force of your will
    feeling centered
    setting aside distractions
    focusing on a goal
    experiencing power
    making a strong impact
    having vitality
    creating miracles
    becoming energized
    feeling vigorous
    being creative

so basically, alot of shit!
    it mainly represents getting things done when they need to, diligence and hardwork. its apparently my card, according to several friends and fortune tellers and books and i just feel like it makes senseThis is Television; Late Night Television; Scripted with Percision; a Corner Store Pulp Fiction
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2008

then get it!

although it may look like he's trying to stab your armpit...

but with force! and vigor! and the will to get shit done!

i wouldn't mess with that little tarot dude.
    i don't see it, alexi.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    ^^dude... setting yourself up.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    OMG i want that!!ride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    vagina tattoos are funnyThis is Television; Late Night Television; Scripted with Percision; a Corner Store Pulp Fiction
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2008 edited

Pac Man

Get what you want.dongpincher 1000
    • CommentAuthor...
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2008

here's the deal
    don't let your values, needs, wants
    hinder on others' opinions
    it is your skin, your life story
    share with us what you have to
    say not what other people
    have to say...of course there
    are exceptions but you
    know what i mean.
    for example i have quite
    a few tattoos for my age
    (mid 19 with about that many
    tattoos) all of them i've gotten
    because I wanted too
    and they ment something to me
    and if it offends other people
    so what. when i first got my arm
    done my dad didn't talk to me
    for weeks, but that doesn't
    stop me from doing what
    i feel is right with my body.
    it's my canvas so i'm going to be colorful
    with it!
    anyways sorrryyy super long
    pointless comment.
    i had a poetry workshop today,
    and i have an overwhelming urge
    to analyze your line breaks. but
    i will refrain from doing so because
    that would be
    strange.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    haiku's are easy
    but sometimes they don't make sense
    refrigerator

*ty threadlessclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    a haiku i wrote in high school:

haiku for bill clinton

says he, "i never
    dreamt to live my life as a
    politician's wife."

i thought i was hilarious, and that threadless shirt r00lz. hard.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    SammyKnuckles:So anywho, i was thinking for awhile about getting a tattoo that would go under my left armpit on the inside of my arm

i have this in the same spot you're thinkin' of doing. its a fairly sensitive area of skin, so mine was pretty itchy for a long time.

my girlfriend just got a mustache tattooed on the inside of her upper lip. its the funniest bad tattoo i've ever seen.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    tattoos are for criminals and sailors, dont even botherthere ain't no magic in the breakdown baby
    •  
      CommentAuthormrotown
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008

I hear they don't wash off.e-f-f-e-c-t a smooth operater operating correctly
    If anybody needs a good tattoo artist, shoot me a whisper. :)Kitties are so nice.
    meow thnxThis is Television; Late Night Television; Scripted with Percision; a Corner Store Pulp Fiction
    alexi gigantic:

Who is this person? this is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. as for the tat, get it if you think you want it and don't bother with other peep's opinions, unless they are positive. But if you are not so sure yet.......wait a bit. it always comes to you, don't it? I think your idea is cool. i just started a new big tat on my back. i missed that scratchy feeling....With relish!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch

i think im getting mine priced out this weekendEverybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    •  
      CommentAuthorbshea81

never had any work done around here? who does good detail work?fool me once, shame on me. fool me twice, i guess im into trannies
    ^^^wow... i assume that took a while, and hurt a bit as well.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorgazzer
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008

anyone know anything about tattoo artists in london? i'm here just for a little with free time and am curious. i'm sure it's expensive.You know, if I were to die right now, in some sort of fiery explosion due to the carelessness of a friend...well, that would just be ok.
    ^ Bugs, he does really awesome semi-cubist stuff. Don't think you'd be able to get an appointment less than a year a head of time, but you could always try.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    bshea81:never had any work done around here? who does good detail work?

I've had work from Brian at Pino Bros and he's done some nice line work on me - he's currently doing something on Moscow.
    Andrew at Fat Rams did my side piece that was some really illustrative custom font work.

I've heard good thinks about the people at Redemption, but don't have any work from them.
    Generally stay away from Chameleons.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

If you want some really good ink and are in Austin there are lots of places there, I however don't know anything about the scene here in Boston.

And as far as what other people think, F that. You are going to be the one with it stuck to you for the rest of your life, be sure YOU like it. I have a dune tattoo that no one understands, but I love it, so take that.

It was a wicked session did the whole thing in a straight 3 hour sitting, it was on my spine, it was the highest I have ever been off endorphine's (sp?) by the time it was over I felt real good.

Don't listen to people that say shit about "but what about when your old and wrinkly" I always tell them that when I look at it when I am old it will remind me to stay young at heart...and that they are losers and need to live a little.this wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch

i've heard and seen some good stuff from Pino BrosEverybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    • CommentAuthorjohnderson

Buddy just got an amazing Dark Tower piece from Pino Bros.
    I've been thinking of a back piece right

It's like a huge radial spoked clincher, and in the clinch of the clincher is the roofs of cars, stuck. The cars are all jam packed with passengers pressed against the closed windows some, others hanging/falling out... one car is full of clowns doing clown tricks, one clown has climber out and is on the rim of the giant radial riding his unicycle and blowing fire. And the these cars are the tire basically right

And the radials have snakes going aroung them and up to the hub which is a toilet paper roll and the t.p. is flying in a pinwheel!Volkswagen Hero
    johnderson:Buddy just got an amazing Dark Tower piece from Pino Bros.

awesome! my friend Ryan has two dark tower tattoos. he has the tower in a field of roses outlined in a keyhole, and he also has Roland standing in a pile of empty shells with both guns smoking.

very, very nerdy.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008 edited

Sick!
    Yeah hes got the outline of the keyhole with the revolver and shells with roses wrapping around it all.
    No, not nerdy. Completely awesome.

All this tattoo talk makes me want some even more...
    i'm trying to find a picture of the keyhole one, but i think it means i have to go on myspace. quite frankly, i'd rather you just use your imagination ;)flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.

I can do that pretty well. Thankfully, my imagination hasn't been dulled by pop culture and FOX broadcasting yet.
    johnderson:Sick!
    All this tattoo talk makes me want some even more...

Seriously, I'm jonesing pretty bad.Kitties are so nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgazzer

yesss dark tower tattoos. those books are ridiculous. i've definitely thought about getting an old revolver and or roses/key hole before. or this cool raven image from the last book. i've been kicking around the idea of getting an open faced pocket watch somewhere, side-ish. ha thanks aaron maybe i'll try to smooth talk my way inYou know, if I were to die right now, in some sort of fiery explosion due to the carelessness of a friend...well, that would just be ok.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn

yah, i'm a big fan of brian at pino's...i'm getting my upper arm finished up this weekend...probably going to put something in the cue there right afterwards again though. probably some of his work and not technical doodles like what he's doing now.

I'm all about meaning in tattoos, and if you have seen any of mine, you will know that i only get them for myself.

"Don't listen to people that say shit about "but what about when your old and wrinkly" I always tell them that when I look at it when I am old it will remind me to stay young at heart...and that they are losers and need to live a little."-stilgar

i like this.(moscow)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008 edited

im going to pino's this weekend to get something priced i already have it drawn up i just need someone to put it on my arm. im already spending my tax returns even before i get themEverybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    •  
      CommentAuthorg0balistik

I have a rib piece that was painful for about 4.5 hours of my life but its going to be awesome for a really long time. so don't worry about the pain, its not bad.

as for meaning in tattoos. I don't have anything against getting something that means alot, but you should also make sure its something that looks interesting too. You may not find the same meaning in it years down the road, so its better if it isn't an eye sore. No Regrets!! also, it IS important to have a good artist do your piece, even something you are really excited about can be dampened if the quality is poor.

take my opinions knowing this: I only have 2 tattoos. I am young. I plan on getting more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjacobs
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008 edited

siobhan & jason at darkwave in dudley. best in town!
    •  
      CommentAuthoriphone_punk
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2008 edited

Someone here needs to tattoo a dress shirt cuff on there wrist and then get cuff link piercings. I would donate $20 to that.Volkswagen Hero
    yeah, my back piece took 3 hours just to outline and will need another 6 for the color. Hurts a little.....but it's that good kind of pain. Kinda like falling off your bike when you do something stupid by somewhat calculated. Oh and I go to Redemption for my work. Mike Shea is pretty freaking good and a really nice guy too. i highly recommend him. Yes, all this tat talk makes wanna get more more more!!!!With relish!
    stilgar:I have a dune tattoo that no one understands, but I love it, so take that.

Now I have to ask.... I happen to love Dune.
    Waiting for my tax return. Redemption is pricey, I hear. Is that true? Also heard they're the best.Volkswagen Hero
    Get a huge cock on yer forehead!WWJD