Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorgone
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2008

Leave the Intro thread be and post here, instead.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

hahahaha
    just to clear up any questions people may have:

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    • CommentAuthorkanst

I wish my beard could be that awesome...I just cant grow a mustache or the hair that connects the mustache to the beard...My beard just seems to grow out of my jawline
    aaron, you have very nice handwriting.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

molestache march anyone?
    ^I'm down

I always celebrated May-Stache month thoughclockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    conor:aaron, you have very nice handwriting.

architecture school will do that to ya!Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    A beard is a necessary piece of equipment while camping.

Kitties are so nice.
    "girls flock like bees to the hive"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    Yes, a beard certainly helps me attain grisly bear status.
    The chicks dig that.Kitties are so nice.
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008

wait, you need big toothy girls to make you look less gay while camping?

campy beards. It's punny.
    haha! I totally get it!Kitties are so nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

what about the business beard?

gaw_071210_5532.jpgthis wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

^ and yea thats me in a suitthis wont hurt a bit...
    ^^while not as grizzly, it seems to be quite intellectual. That's the kinda beard I'd prob rock if mine would grow in properly.... that and profs with giant beards prob have a harder time getting tenure. Something about looking presentable or something...clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiiike

i'm a long time fan of the beard length = head hair length style.

plus it's very presentable in business situations, as stilgar pointed out.sports!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2008 edited

i rock the the business beard most of the time but sometimes i let it get out of hand it was better when i was in highschool and had long hair (past my shoulders) and a beard ( ive had a beard for a vary vary long time )Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    Stilgar, that's not the business beard (I don't think that exists). It's actually the high school counselor beard.Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

seems to me that if you're gonna do it, go zz top all the way.

hugo chavez (a personal hero of mine) says the castro "has an elegant beard".
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

Miiike:i'm a long time fan of the beard length = head hair length style.

plus it's very presentable in business situations, as stilgar pointed out.

The nice part about this plan is when I cut my hair, I just take the clippers and run it over the entire surface of my head/face Very easy shave job.

Rob Gigantic:Stilgar, that's not the business beard (I don't think that exists). It's actually the high school counselor beard.

I wouldn't know my councilor in high school didn't have a beard, but if you say so, have you thought about a carrer in the exciting field of beard-ology...

I have these strange two lines that don't grow in on the side and everyone always asks how I get them shaved in like that, the answer, DNA does it.

gaw_071210_5593.jpg

^Exhibit Athis wont hurt a bit...
    haha! Who is taking these glamour shots?

I'd like someone to categorize my beard please.
    Kitties are so nice.
    your beard is adorable like a scottish terrier.

yours is the face of dignity.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorstilgar

I was caught in the crossfire when this person came to our office to take shots, and I was wearing a suit cause i was secretly going for a job interview for another place that day, and they thought I dressed up for the pictures (which I had no idea about) and it all worked out very sneakily and I got the other job. Natch.

I would say your beard is either an:

A: "morning govna! Once around the block then" Beard
    B: "pip pip, top of the pops" Beard
    C: "Would you like my beard when it is angry? Good sirs I propose that you wouldn't" Beard
    or
    D: "Madam, you will most assuredly have to pay extra for that, but your husband may watch for $75" Beard.this wont hurt a bit...
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop

i'd also say that your cap is pippity! i mean that in a good way.

but why ya sit so close to the steerin' wheel? ya ain't got enough room that way for a good gangsta lean.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch

A.Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    hahaha!Kitties are so nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorweapon x

I'll give you what for! How 'bout a knuckle sandwhich?

Yaarrrggh, the Red Beard.mess with the best, die like the rest
    Sweet, Weapon X totally rocks the Gorton's-fishstick-guy beard!Word nerd
    Get that man a yellow rain slicker, pronto!Kitties are so nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch

^hahahahha yesEverybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    • CommentAuthorjohnderson

Weapon X, were you in ERC on newbury today at like 530ish? I saw some dude who looked like you sans beard.
    what category is my beard besides "epic"?Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

I don't know, now it's starting to look like you're trying too hard, aaron. There's a fine line.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    I'm just letting it do whatever it wants at this point - the only real motivation is that I'm too lazy to shave.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    maybe the beard is in control...clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!

estratton:maybe the beard is in control...

That's what I think. Somewhere inside, Aaron's crying out for help.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    so my beard is like the brain implants that the CyberMen used in the Army of Ghost/Doomsday episodes of Dr. Who?Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    Basically.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    excellent! [Bill and Ted style]Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorweapon x

johnderson:Weapon X, were you in ERC on newbury today at like 530ish? I saw some dude who looked like you sans beard.

I was not, though I currently am sans beard, sort-of. I trimmed it way down and it's now in more of the long scruff stage. But a friend of mine from school claims she sees my doppleganger all over the place [and waves]. I wonder if it is the same guy, or maybe I'm a little too...'just some dude' or maybe my beard took control, cloned me and I'm all over the place .... MAYBE I AM THE GORTON'S-FISHSTICK-GUY?!?!?!

*Regardless, somebody please get me a yellow slicker pronto. Truly.mess with the best, die like the rest
    • CommentAuthorjohnderson
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008

^doesnt he have a white beard? cuz he is an old grizzled fisherman?
    <blockquote><cite> conor:</cite>aaron, you have very nice handwriting.</blockquote>

I'll bet you a veggie burrito he fucked up spelling beard on the otherside of that shoebox lid!Volkswagen Hero
    you just lost a veggie burritoPh'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    yes! can my burrito be from el pelon? (or maybe you could just buy me a falafel, no pickles.) i don't know who you are, but i am holding you to this. haha.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008 edited

man, i wish i were still getting free burritos, i dropped like 5lbs since mid december.
    •  
      CommentAuthorravnos
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2008

My beard attempts are weak and pitiful. Beards avoid my face like the plague. Perhaps because I am the plague... this is yet to be seen.

But seriously.
    ALL old men should have awesome beards, it should be a law... somewhere. It saddens me that I will not be able to have one.

Solution: I can never be an old man.Question Reality. "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear."
    •  
      CommentAuthormangopickle
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2008 edited

Don't have any immediately available pics of the current beard.

But I can show you why I will never again grow out an isolated stache:

Dastardly.Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.