Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2015

"purity" by j. franzen.
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeSep 15th 2015

Inside Star Trek: The Real Story
    no matter how much i keep wishing, it continues to not be about TNG

One of my fathers in law gave it to me. So far, really interesting.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    ^I'm about to start this! haha.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2015

If anybody's interested in some free hardcover contemporary fiction books, our office is overflowing with them. Let me know if you want to come by and peruse!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

I do.
    Do you have anything you think I'd like?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

I can't guarantee because I haven't read most of these things (they come in as contest submissions and many are from way before I started working here) but there are some good bets. Come on by! We're at MIT, btw.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthortinyhonkshus
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2015 edited

can you like...photograph some pile spines? Pwwwweeeeease?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorvox_pop

Really excited to start reading Jeff VanderMeer's Southern Reach series.
    evan and eric, very good book. youll enjoy it. i read "A Higher Call" right before i read that, and they were both very interestingly different angles to look at the war.somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2015 edited

This is pretty much the greatest "Choose Your Own Adventure" novel ever. Click below and read it right now.

Murder, Cheat, and Fuck Your Way Through Boston - a Clickhole "Clickventure"
    "It’s time to walk through this city’s hallowed gates and start fucking and killing all the stuff that’s here so that God will destroy it for insurance money."::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2015

I just kept being amazed, thinking "how long did it take for them to write this?"We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2015

"answered prayers" by truman capote and "m train" by patti smith.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2016

"and yet. . ." by christopher hitchens.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbrunop
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2016

just finished "zero k" by don delillo.
    extraordinary and bracing.