Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2008

Assuming it has a horizontal TT, I'd say that's a 54.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBuckley!
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2008

Pretty bad. Just ask Mark how he's been feeling lately.The kid's gotta learn that the game never lets up.
    I have a stupid question about sizing. Currently riding a Fuji Classic (track) with a 56 TT length. I am buying s steamroller, have found good deals on a size 53 and 56. The 53 TT is 54.7and the 56 is 56.8. How should I size? I've heard it's better to go smaller when in doubt but it's a bigger jump down than up. Thanks!and then the time will come when you add up the numbers
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2015

How tall are you? Inseam size?"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    In about 5'9" and I dunno my inseam- I'd have to measure but it's between 30-32 just based on pant stuff. My 56 fuji fits really well for reference. I feel like a little longer or shorter would be okay (for TT) but nothing too major, that's why I'm thinking a smaller jump up might be good?and then the time will come when you add up the numbers
    Ah, to not worry about standover. You might also consider how stem & seatpost adjustments will change size - like if you have a super long stem on the Fuji? Won't be exactly the same, but still.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNuggetross
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2015

if you actually feel like spending the time to figure it out, enter the bike geos into the "comparator" spreadsheet. take your time and make sure you're not entering anything wrong.
    I have a pretty short stem and I'm actually riding some VO cruisy bars that mitigate the TT length a bit, but I did comfortably ride the bike with drops. I also don't jack the seat post too much. Thinking thr 56 may be the way to go if TT is really the best measure.and then the time will come when you add up the numbers
    I think 56 is probs a good idea, espesh if you know you can ride a longer cockpit. If it makes you feel any better, there is also a school of thought where when in doubt, you should always go bigger. French fit, it might be called?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2015 edited

I'd say it depends on the type of bike, some of my road bikes are larger but fit comfortably. I'm so glad I went to a beater steel fixed frame that uses 8% smaller wheels, that and fewer centimeters of unnecessary toobs made it significantly lighter. I know a bunch of people who prefer smaller fixed gears, plus you would have more room to play with stems and bars. Nat is 5'9" and rides a 53 steamroller, and says those tend to run big."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorjohn89
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2016 edited

A bike that fits properly is more fun to ride. Your local Trek retailer is the best resource for determining the fit that works for your build, riding style, and intended use.For road bike sizing:

Bike Size Rider Height Rider Height (cm)
    49cm 5" 0" – 5" 3" 152 – 160
    52cm 5" 3" – 5" 6" 160 – 168
    54cm 5" 6"– 5" 9" 168 – 175
    56cm 5" 9" – 6" 0" 175 – 183
    58cm 6" 0" – 6" 3" 183 – 191
    61cm 6" 3" – 6" 6" 191 – 198
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2016

I'm dreading the moment when john89 attains full sentience.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)