Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/49019/domains/bostonfixed.us/html/forum/extensions/Signatures/default.php on line 86

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/49019/domains/bostonfixed.us/html/forum/extensions/Signatures/default.php on line 86

•  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008

i am drinking narragansett beer right now, out of a bottle no less.
    I almost went to Narragansett Bay a couple weekends ago...Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

dude, i was just there
    • CommentAuthorcj0928

•  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

holy seat tube batman!
    • CommentAuthorraff I el

i want a panasonic. no joke. i would name it "television" and ride it everywhere. Andrew has heard me say this.Geryon was a monster everything about him was red.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrobotbuilder
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2008 edited

^^Where the fuck is Scott!?! I wanna rub his belly for good luck.
    -robot[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorjacobs
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2008

pete! gigantic:holy seat tube batman!

some of those sprint bikes just look unride-able, even for the track. thats one of them.
    • CommentAuthorPugatch

i love swimming in the ocean. when i lived in new bedford i spent my summers on a sailboat.

narragansett beer isnt too bad my friend gets it free they sponsor her pinup clothing store. we drink it all the time when im down in pawtucketThink of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world
    •  
      CommentAuthorDan Roch
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2008 edited

where does scott live? just steal his panasonic i used to see that thing all the time now it has just disappeared
    raff I el:i want a panasonic. no joke. i would name it "television" and ride it everywhere. Andrew has heard me say this.
    Everybody was saying we must have more leisure. Now they are complaning they are unemployed - Prince Philip during the recession in 1981
    •  
      CommentAuthorgregwhits

pete, i don't think there are palm trees in rhode island, but it's hard to tell with your realistic photoshop job.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSoft T-Rex

i was going to disagree about there being at least one palm tree in RI but I honestly can't recall a single one in all my years thereHey, aren't you a dinosaur?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

i did not photo shop that picture, i swear
    yeah, you used that cheesy stuff in Photo Booth, didn'tcha?Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

damn you!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2008

•  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2008 edited

shimano should seriously go into spaceship design

the shifters don't bother me like the 7800 series though.
    ^Ugh! I guess 7700 is the last bit of Shimano I'll own.[all your base are belong to us]
    Steampunk recumbant trike:

Word nerd
    Rob Gigantic:Steampunk recumbant trike:

Because riding a recumbent in of itself isn't goofy enough.

Also aren't penny farthings the ultimate in steampunk?

And fuck y'all... the 7900 is way hotter than that Italian trash. 11 speed rear cassette.... durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrBut the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    i don't know if you're saying that the 7900 will have 11 speed, but:

mrotown:Cyclingnews.com on campy 09

"First, the big news: Campagnolo will apparently make the jump to an 11-speed cassette for its top three groups which will now include a modern revival of the Super Record nameplate. According to unconfirmed rumors (which, admittedly, seem decidedly accurate), that extra cog will be squeezed into the same space as the current 10-speed setups."
    You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    I just heard a nasty rumor that Shimano is currently working on a 11-speed cassette, and that they might even go as high as 14. Check it:

BikeRadar says:We've also already confirmed that Campagnolo's top three groups will make the jump to eleven rear cogs but there are now new reports suggesting that Shimano may have its own 11-speed test mules undergoing testing. While these rumours are unconfirmed, it's well known that Shimano was dabbling with 14-speed cassettes not too long ago so this seems quite reasonable.
    Word nerd
    danggg.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.

14 speed cassette.

what the fuck.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    can the law of diminishing returns apply?You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    I'm waiting for the number of blades in a razor to match the number of cogs in my cassette. At that point: the apocalypse.Word nerd
    Rob Gigantic:I'm waiting for the number of blades in a razor to match the number of cogs in my cassette. At that point: the apocalypse.

Will it coincide with the fixed-gear apocalypse?But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2008 edited

gone
    Who the hell would want to ride around on a ghost bike all day?Word nerd
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2008

"i'm so hip, i'm dead."
    • CommentAuthorgc

that looks to be a reincarnation of a "murdered out" bike.

Rob Gigantic:Who the hell would want to ride around on a ghost bike all day?

ghost ride the fix, duh.gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

Both those bikes are proof that there's always somebody out there who's stupider than you. The general you, that is. It's reassuring, really.Word nerd
    • CommentAuthorraff I el
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2008 edited

le lion:

fixedGeryon was a monster everything about him was red.
    ^ahahahahahahaha

Brilliant.Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrobotbuilder

pete! gigantic:ghost ride the whip

What is it with umm. . . Hip Hoppers and bottom view camera perspective?
    Watching the video, I was surprised to note that rap still largely seeks to define itself in terms of white America's reaction to it, as if anyone continues to give a shit. Seriously, hip hop is dead, and is no more rebellious than puck rock today.
    Also, if this bit of media were supposed to represent my cultural identity, I'd be fucking offended!
    I'm convinced that hip hop is more derogatory of African Americans than most of the kids I went to school with, and that is saying allot, sadly.
    -robot[all your base are belong to us]
    • CommentAuthorraff I el
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2008

^that's kind of a small sample size for such a sweeping conclusion. even without touching nerd rap, there's hip hop and rap about all kinds of different things. to say that it's dead because it's not controversial is kind of absurd; i mean, playing guitar isn't controversial, but it's not dead. sometimes people just want to dance, or talk about godzilla, or write love songs.Geryon was a monster everything about him was red.
    ^True enough, I confess to simply finding things about televised rap to hate.
    -bot[all your base are belong to us]
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

That kind of hip hop should not be associated with anything but pop music. Don't take the milkshake song to stand for the state of rock and roll either.

And as someone who almost only listens to hip hop and the funk/soul/jazz that it samples, most pop rap is as derogatory to living thinking human beings, no matter what race, creed, or sexual orientation.

Also, if this bit of media were supposed to represent my cultural identity, I'd be fucking offended!

I'm offended to be represented by these guys. . .

. . . but alas, them's the breaks.Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.
    I'm offended by everything.[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

Rob Gigantic:I'm waiting for the number of blades in a razor to match the number of cogs in my cassette. At that point: the apocalypse.

Spishak Mach 20
    • CommentAuthorgc

back to fugly bikes :

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bik/730806164.html

i still kinda want to buy this . $75 sounds like a decent deal.
    i know i'd only ride it around the block like once though.gone
    ^do it.....clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    Belt drive ftl.Think you're escaping and run into yourself. Longest way round is the shortest way home.
    • CommentAuthorChromeLugs
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2008

I know this bike is super sweet and everything, but I'd love to see this guy ride it.

I prefer 49x16
    isn't that theo bos' bike for the olympics?

i can't rightfully say that i've seen saddle to bar drop like that ever used ...effectively in modern track racing.

i guess the keirin sprinters can pull it off. its still fucking nuts.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    Well I'm convinced!

*flipz stem on his bike, goes to olympics*But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    Nothin' like getting kneed in the tits twice per pedal revolution.
    Ouch.
    -bot[all your base are belong to us]
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2008

is it me or does the geometry look really wierd on this bike, ignoring the seat height.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bik/732146305.htmlgone