Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/49019/domains/bostonfixed.us/html/forum/extensions/Signatures/default.php on line 86

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /nfs/c03/h04/mnt/49019/domains/bostonfixed.us/html/forum/extensions/Signatures/default.php on line 86

what's up with mountain bikes that have part of the fork connected directly to the handlebars?
    •  
      CommentAuthor49teeth
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2009 edited

Fuji "Police Special"
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2009

WHY!?! why can't cops ride decent bikes? why must they ride mtb's? touring or cross bikes would make since imo.. it's not like they really go off the beat'n path much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasso

shhh...let them be slowThere's always money in The Banana Stand
    • CommentAuthorgc

birds and powerlines, huh.gone
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2009 edited

at dooshrocket: no offense taken, sir! i think the bike industry in general has serious misconceptions about girls on bikes, often illustrated by their terrible bike graphics and abominable selection of attire if you want to wear not-pink and not-baby blue. it's bad enough to consign yourself to full spandex without looking like a wayward cheerleader at the same time. i was being sarcastic, which perhaps didn't come across.

also, the 1" fade to 1 1/8" headtube is coming out on a lot of bikes now. the new trek DH frame has it as well. and you want to talk about a poor design...that has a super-sloped downtube. in other words, designed to bash every rock with the downtube. S-M-R-T!

and gary, are you referring to double crown forks? they're for trail and DH bikes. heavier, but allow for increased travel without compromising the integrity of the set-up. a single crown couldn't handle all that travel(/stress) without risk of failure.
    • CommentAuthorboundgear
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2009

That trek only has one crank too. even downhillers got two legs people!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2009 edited

^
    maybe the 2009 saint group took on the powercranks idea. i mean in "6 - 9 months you will gain 2-3mph in speed." it's printed, it's gotta be the truth.
    You ever seen power cranks in person? They're quite possibly the creepiest feeling things this side of fake hair.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

weekly PC progress updates by mckittrich @ his blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

oh yeah, they're heavy as shit too. the new ones must be light since there is so much metal taken away, but still, they're worse than si cranks
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

i thought that was intentional?
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

BWWWAAAAHHHAHAHAHHAAAA.....

Read the description at the bottom.
    • CommentAuthorslowski

sillgey piccolo:

ride it (though after about 6', it's a little silly).

If at first you don't succeed... you fail.
    • CommentAuthordogsballs
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2009

dooshrocket:

wat
    tune speed needle, actually very comfy saddle at 72gm
    •  
      CommentAuthor49teeth
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2009

found on Bikesnob:

lmaoooooo
    the rear rack tops it off, seriously had me spit-taking my teaI summoned it with my moustache...
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2009 edited

one time, this older dude comes into the shop looking at road bikes. he has a 25 year old steel clunker, and he says he'll be "coming into some money soon" (alludes heavily to a rich family member about to pass away) and is looking for something that will be lighter than his current ride. wants a rack and the like so that he can go grocery shopping and do some light riding. okay, makes sense.

then he walks over to the cannondale systemsix, picks it up, and says, "yeah, this feels about right".

i try to explain to him that ANY road bike we have for sale would be lighter than his current ride, and some are all set up for racks. others, like a $5,000+ road racing bike, are not equipped for racks and we will not drill into the carbon seatstays or jury-rig it to set it up for one. he did not seem to understand why this was a bad idea.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2009

carbon threads are totally fine... i mean for the same weight of steel it is seven times "stronger".
    ^^^^Note the cable lock.[all your base are belong to us]
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2009

bmw makes bicycles?

they should stick to engines.
    have you seen the $4000 ferrari bicycle? ugh.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    • CommentAuthormindchalk
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2009

GMC's are the worst.out of true.
    • CommentAuthormindchalk
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2009

out of true.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

^that takes the cake.
    i think i just threw up a little.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

I love that those GMC's all have kick stands...

I would think BMW would be better, they make some really nice motorcycles

mindchalk - please never make me look at that again.. my eyes are burning.
    • CommentAuthormindchalk
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2009

just the short list:

non-drive side photo.
    wheelchair wheel.
    angle of those risers?
    what's in the back wheel?

but at least its not a conversion.

still ugly as sin.out of true.
    also: saddle angle, and no foot retention, i think.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    That poor, poor frame!
    Who would do that? What did that frame ever do to anybody?

Some people are just sick.[all your base are belong to us]
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

that frame is gross too.
    no pity for that pos.out of true.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

conor!:also: saddle angle, and no foot retention, i think.
    Is clipless. Fail.dongpincher 1000
    W.T.F.

I summoned it with my moustache...
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009

jamaican bar spinnzzzzzzFuck yeah.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcdrebbel
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2009 edited

.Fuck yeah.
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

this is pretty fucking bad:

out of true.
    • CommentAuthorgemathy

^ my dad would say "sooooo much money and you don't know what to do with it! what do i do?!!?! I'm sooooooo effin rich! ohwowowugh I don't know what to do with ALL this money I have!! so rich. so effin rich. ...well, I have some ideas...."
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

the frame is too small for that stem set up and that seatpost is stupid, but don't eff with a pink bt. seriously, don't eff with it. That is a world class bike.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009

stompclapstomp:W.T.F.

isn't that danny's spicer?
    if so, that stem is fucking nuts...I summoned it with my moustache...
    it's not. danny's has asymmetrical seatstays, and a normal stem + giant risers.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2009

you kids...
    • CommentAuthorslowski
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2009

If at first you don't succeed... you fail.
    • CommentAuthorslowski

180 engagement points, 10 pawls.If at first you don't succeed... you fail.
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

^^those dropouts remind me of:

out of true.
    • CommentAuthormauspad
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2010

bump
    I also thought of that particular alien when I saw those dropouts.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy

basically anything by specialized could fill this thread. fill it to the edge of the internets.
    i dunno, some of specialized's S-works stuff is pretty cool. like that aero tandem that would involve your face in someone's ass.

/sarcasmNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010

you guys can hate if ya'd like but I think some of the Globe line by specialized is awesome both in looks and in function.

given the bars on this look stupid but for an of the shelf FG it ain't bad:
    • CommentAuthormindchalk
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010

a) its generic, there is nothing special about that bike
    b) its a ghost bike, when did the rider die?
    c) messenger chainrings look like ass.out of true.