Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthordoug?
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2010

That's a setback thomson that was installed backwards.
    •  
      CommentAuthor49teeth

NAH MAN THAT THING IS EPIC
    doug?:That's a setback thomson that was installed backwards.

look at the clamp, it is no thompsonTake-off everything but your rainboots
    • CommentAuthorgc

also wtf is that thing wrapped around the headtube that looks like an extension cordgone
    • CommentAuthordoug?

^poorly routed computer cable.
    • CommentAuthorslowski
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2010

hey is this new bikes day thread? check out this freshly laid turd!

HPIM1923

HPIM1924

all old components that were already hacked to fit my previous frame. the old trek cracked so I swapped it all onto a cross check. probly won't change a thing.If at first you don't succeed... you fail.
    • CommentAuthorboundgear

I know some people will think it's ugly, but I like it.

Change the front fender maybe. And it needs a dynamo hub/lights.

And blanket statement. 0 setback seatposts are bad. Just bad. You're killing america if you have one..
    • CommentAuthorslowski

seatpost is a stand-in, however I do prefer a zero setback on 3/5 of my other bikes. this is a trailer hauling delivery bike so it will not be receiving any kind of love. it will never ride as nice as my 20 year old dumpster found trek so really it's just kind of "oh well, another bike day".If at first you don't succeed... you fail.
    erik, your ugly is a practical ugly. everything has it's purpose on that bike. i support this. and it's not nearly as ugly as most bikes out there.
    zero setback on that frame ftw, seattube is wicked lax.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasso

I love the chopped drops with bar ends clipped on. that looks super comfy. That's a sexy sexy machine and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. What racks are those, homemade?There's always money in The Banana Stand
    •  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

wicked lax? its a 72 degree st, right? pretty standard for cross/do-everything?dongpincher 1000
    MungoRocks:wicked lax? its a 72 degree st, right? pretty standard for cross/do-everything?

i dont know...looks like if it weren't for the setback post or that the saddle is clamped towards the rear, that you'd be sitting on top of the rear hub.
    • CommentAuthorChromeLugs

I couldn't stop laughing at that bike. It's fucking brilliant.I prefer 49x16
    Erik doesn't need a pep talk. He's got all the good shit on there, like old XTR.
    The thing is ugly, and I bet he rides the shit out of it, and it works perfectly.

The best part are his DIY racks.
    Awesome.

[:|][all your base are belong to us]

this is AMAZING.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    • CommentAuthordoug?
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2010

It is. The kid next door to me used to have a fuji track with a suspension fork, only without foot retention or brakes.
    wowi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    I think every part on that bike was originally intended for a different purpose...Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2010

That Cinelli is asking for a broken downtube.
    You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    ^^ saw that a bit ago. still scratching my head. but i LOVE the pedals.

also

BEST MASH BUILD I HAVE SEEN TO DATE
    brunop:i know i'll get jumped on, but any bike, no matter how nice, is ruined by aerospokes.

qft. aero's are stupid. mags in general are stupid.

Mr. Shelby:That Cinelli is asking for a broken downtube.

maybe it's some super polo bike or it was a quick joke since it seems to be an internal hs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorseanile
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2010

^^^what is happening there? i can't figure out why it's leaning forward..somebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    Photobucket
    behold Hurly teams up with Livery.'Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    • CommentAuthormindchalk

THAT STEEEEEP SEATTUBE BIKE IS PROBABLY JUST ANOTHER WONKY ASS PURSUIT FROM THE AGE OF WEIRD.out of true.
    Alex, i disagree.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    naw, that's some dumb keirin bike that some racer decided to start a trend by cramming the seat tube angle all crazy (you're sprinting the whole time in keirin more or less, comfort is not needed) for "intimidation factor" since the bikes are so over controlled, and it caught on briefly for that reason. Supremely stupid shit.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2010 edited

wow so glad i got my super track and not that one from Livery.roz-berry-lime
    tinyhonkshus:Alex, i disagree.

>:-('Cause i always say i love you when i mean turn out the lights.
    • CommentAuthorgc

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/bik/1888965136.htmlgone
    tinyhonkshus:Alex, i disagree.

lollllNaaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    ^^not the worst, but I'm one of those weirdos that still likes composite wheels. An $850 IRO though? I think the price is the really ugly part.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    • CommentAuthorowen

•  
      CommentAuthorMungoRocks

external bb fantasy:naw, that's some dumb keirin bike that some racer decided to start a trend by cramming the seat tube angle all crazy (you're sprinting the whole time in keirin more or less, comfort is not needed) for "intimidation factor" since the bikes are so over controlled, and it caught on briefly for that reason. Supremely stupid shit.
    Really? The word I heard (from Ceya, who is generally pretty good about these things) is a dude back in like, 87? had a medical issue and couldn't properly sit on his saddle (prostate, maybe?). anyway, he had a funky seat position that a really steep seat-tube facilitated. He won a few races, some other riders tried it, it didnt really stick.dongpincher 1000
    MungoRocks:
    external bb fantasy:naw, that's some dumb keirin bike that some racer decided to start a trend by cramming the seat tube angle all crazy (you're sprinting the whole time in keirin more or less, comfort is not needed) for "intimidation factor" since the bikes are so over controlled, and it caught on briefly for that reason. Supremely stupid shit.
    Really? The word I heard (from Ceya, who is generally pretty good about these things) is a dude back in like, 87? had a medical issue and couldn't properly sit on his saddle (prostate, maybe?). anyway, he had a funky seat position that a really steep seat-tube facilitated. He won a few races, some other riders tried it, it didnt really stick.

My information is 3rd hand 4 year old fuzzy memory from bikeforums knowledge so, you might be right, although I don't see how that position would do anything but be worse for your prostate.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2010

i am at a loss for words for this:

gone
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2010

like literally watgone
    •  
      CommentAuthornonprophet
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2010

aer-oh-no
    I like the little stick up dong for the FD.But the fact of the matter is: Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world!
    it's like that thing has a boner for gears.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    ^i wonder what we were talking about.

new ugly bike:
    You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    saw one of these in the wild today
    DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2019

o man, I could fill up a hundred pages with stuff I see in the shop. I have a special hatred for early 00's swooshy hybrid/road bike decals

Also worked on one of those ^. It's even worse up close and weighs about 50lbs"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2019

Oh gawd those spacers, augh!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Nandy:o man, I could fill up a hundred pages with stuff I see in the shop.

dooo it dooo it dooo itDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeJul 3rd 2019

I'll try to remember to take photos. First up will definitely be my new American flag themed Kelly tt bike converted to a flat bar commuter, but I am bad at remembering to take photos"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    siiiiickDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2019

I finally took some photos of it."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    wooooDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2019

fuck yeah, it was on craigslist for a day and already sold"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries