Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

lol, pretty good. I make shit move on a screen and if i'm lucky I get to draw pictures all daygotta go fast
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2014 edited

We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    hahaha, my job is exactly that. (i'm an animator btw)

guess i joined the party a bit late, lol- just read about secret satan. hope shit is fun.

stay warm, too.gotta go fast
    ITT joe is on pointDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2014

do you reanimate as well?
    • CommentAuthorJimi
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2014

fixiefriend:just read about secret satan. hope shit is fun.

Fuckin awesome. nuff saidHi, my name is Jimi and I'm a bike addict
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2014 edited

I think I did this already but forgot to upload pics so...not very good at this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm Peter, I've lived in Boston for about 6 (almost 7) years. I've lived in Mission Hill for 4 glorious years, then in Beacon Hill for 2, and currently reside in Brookline (Washington Sq.). I work in the Longwood area (and judging from comments in other threads it appears a lot of you commute/work/play/poop in the Longwood area too).

I look forward to meeting up at the next get together in the New Year.

Here's my current commuter/beater project, 1987 Cannondale SR600 (I could use some help with some upgrades I want to make if anyone would be so kind):

^Those fat tubes, hnnngg...
    Lots of people on here can help you tape your bars, bro.

Welcome! Where in Longwood do you work? I used to be at BWH- over near Kendall now but I still pop over once and a while.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    I think this is the second time you've said that it seems like a lot of ppl are in Longwood, but since I quit my job, I don't think anyone is.i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2014

I work at BWH! Kendall is like the land that us, lesser mortals, hope to migrate to. (Although, I did the opposite Private > Public)

I actually took off the tape on the bars, because I'm swapping out the bars once I get's it in the mail. There are other more complicated things I need the helps with. i.e. fork replacement (debating to go threadless) , dt shifters > sti conversion, gruppo swap to name a few.
    • CommentAuthorMJ

ThreePete:I work at BWH! Kendall is like the land that us, lesser mortals, hope to migrate to. (Although, I did the opposite Private > Public)

I actually took off the tape on the bars, because I'm swapping out the bars once I get's it in the mail. There are other more complicated things I need the helps with. i.e. fork replacement (debating to go threadless) , dt shifters > sti conversion, gruppo swap to name a few.

putting together a bike in similar context, decided to stick with the 1" threaded stock fork since going carbon threadless is pricey. You're just dealing with a few spacing issues on the rear triangle, it's straightforward otherwise.
    • CommentAuthorThreePete

What manufacturer did you get your fork from?
    • CommentAuthorMJ

ThreePete:What manufacturer did you get your fork from?

Didn't, stock what came with it.

No reason to mess with what's already on there; admittedly, I really don't like the look of quill stems but it works, and is significantly cheaper than replacing it with threadless. I would have gone carbon just because that's what I like and it's way out of budget.

I replaced the headset and called it a day from there. It works as it's set up and there's little reason to change it.
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2015

The problem is my fork is pretty rusted. So I am hunting a fork on eBay right now (non-carbon).

I found a couple sweet aluminum ones (I.e. easton)
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2015

ThreePete:The problem is my fork is pretty rusted. So I am hunting a fork on eBay right now (non-carbon).

I found a couple sweet aluminum ones (I.e. easton)

I'm always wary, if not over sensitive to mixing dissimilar metals; galvanic corrosion or at least the possibility of irks me so I try to stay away. (In my case with a steel frame)

Finding a steel/aluminum 1" fork is pretty easy and you shouldn't have any issue there.
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2015

I'm on an aluminum frame, would that be a problem? Or were you suggesting having had a steel fork that had begin to rust would somehow cause my new fork to corrode? I'm such a newb.
    • CommentAuthorryan t
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2015

Plenty of aluminum Cdales came with steel forks. That's what I would get, mostly because steel is more durable.
    • CommentAuthorGGvibes
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2015

My name's Grace I've lived in Boston three years.
    I work for Boston Rickshaw pulling people around on a giant tricycle making great cash-money!
    This is my new pride and joy, built this weekend. I'm loving zipping around on this bike!

GGvibes:My name's Grace I've lived in Boston three years.
    I work for Boston Rickshaw pulling people around on a giant tricycle making great cash-money!
    This is my new pride and joy, built this weekend. I'm loving zipping around on this bike!

You look sort of familiar. I think you may have pulled my wife (at the time brand new fiancee) form back bay to south end around when you first started.clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

CiaoMUFFDVR
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz

Hi, welcome!"Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    yes! I love that bike! everyone always gets cinelli track bikes as super sleek death machines and a tiny pink-accented one is perfect. and also possibly still a sleek death machine, how would I know?i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2015

I don't think we've had a trackstand introductory photo in years.

BFIXEDRETROINTROI have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    ^ That. Awesome.

^^ That, too.

Welcome, BTW!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorGGvibes
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2015

Thanks I'm loving this bike, hope to eventually race with it or even try my hand at some bike polo!
    ^ You CANT polo that! It's too nice for polo!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    I too am diggin' that bike. Don't use it for polo! And welcome!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    YAY ANOTHER LADY WELCOME!YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    • CommentAuthorSGMongoose
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2015

Hi, I'm Mike. I moved to Cambridge last fall, and plan on staying here for a year to be with my GF.

I've been snooping around this forum since the fall, but since i'm not really that social a person i never signed up. But now i kind of want to get into that tag n' brag game since it looks pretty fun.

Anyway, i bought this bike right before i moved from NYC.. Would you believe i never owned a bike while i was living there? Figure i would need a hobby while I'm here tho:
     photo IMG_3217_zpsg42obz3f.jpg

It's been a fun (and rather expensive) experience so far, went through 3 different cockpit set ups so far, about about to be on my third gear ratio change (and third chain cause I'm a newb).

It's helping with my withdrawals from my real two-wheel passion, which unfortunately is at my parents house in NJ:
     photo IMG_5948_zps2f442275.jpg

Look forward to talking and possibly meeting some of you.
    I fucking love that you put a rack on a Pista.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Nice rides.. good luck at tag 'n brag too

surprisefries:I fucking love that you put a rack on a Pista.

Thanks! people either love it or hate it!

David9999999:Nice rides.. good luck at tag 'n brag too

Thanks! just went through the last 10 pages and recognize absolutely nothing!
    Don't sweat it- that's how I was at first too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

Godammit that Harley is exquisite.

The rack on the Pista will infuriate snobs, which is a fantastic thing.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2015

Dirty Jerzzz...I'm from Bergen County.
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2015 edited

pocky:Godammit that Harley is exquisite.

The rack on the Pista will infuriate snobs, which is a fantastic thing.

Thank you! The snobs would be even more mad to know i had the dropouts drilled and tapped. the frames not collectible or vintage tho so...why not
     photo IMG_2871_zps2a181592.jpg

ThreePete:Dirty Jerzzz...I'm from Bergen County.

Nice, I'm from Essex, slightly dirtier
    BFIXED MOTORCYCLE GANG UNITE

Bring that hog up here, looks fucking awesome.Naaaah, too uncool for the #messlyfe. I just like to hang out in loading docks and pretend to talk on my radio so that people will like me. - Mfratt
    Haha thanks, if only i had somewhere to keep it. Almost bought a Honda Grom the other day, but resisted.. i could've park one of those in the bushes behind my apartment complex
    Whatever, BFIXED REAR RACK GANG UNITEi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    So many sub BFGangs. Turf war, a brewing.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    #teamcinelli
    ^ That, too.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2015

^soon to be a member, once my parts arrive.
    ^i actually want to switch
    ThreePete:^soon to be a member, once my parts arrive.

Not there yet!?! When?!?All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2015

^^ is that your GF's bike behind it? How tall are they? If they're into bikes and don't mind uncommon wheel sizes, I might have some ideas that fit better and would be more fun to ride! I even have a few small bikes they could test ride."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorThreePete
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2015 edited

chr|s sedition:
    ThreePete:^soon to be a member, once my parts arrive.

Not there yet!?! When?!?

!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorGGvibes
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2015

Niicce, good taste in frame ;) I'm loving that bike currently..Have fun!
    saw that frame pic on reddit hehe.and then the time will come when you add up the numbers