Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Yeah, less hills and more air!

I'm living off Binney but work right downtown, at One Summer Street - above downtown crossing and Macy's...don't panic
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2015

Careful locking up around downtown crossing. If it's not on something solid they'll pick it up and get on the train."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthortyler

And get all your glorious asian lunches for less than $6 around the intersection of Harrison and Beach st.
    Don't eat at BACK DECK. They should call that place BURNT DICK cuz it's not good, ya know?
    •  
      CommentAuthorfmradio516

Welcome. What kind of bike are you looking for?MUFFDVR
    tyler:And get all your glorious asian lunches for less than $6 around the intersection of Harrison and Beach st.

It's called 163. I am there a few times a week.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Lunch recs for DTxing: Falafel King, Chacarero, and...uh...basically all I ate when I worked on Beacon Hill was Falafel King and Chacarero. Oh and that cheap banh mi place in the same dank-ass food court as Falafel King.

Chinatown is a different story. Pho Pasteur is solid. The even cheaper banh mi place a few doors down from Pho Pasteur is double-solid.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

163 Vietnamese Sandwich forever. That veggie chicken is the shit and it's like $3.75."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    • CommentAuthorsean9820
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2015

Occasional lurking non active member since 2005.
    Just moved back to boston after a three year hiatus.
    I have have a few of my bikes out here at the moment, primarily commuting and cruising on the FG.
    Occasional weekly road ride on the minute man path.
    Looking to ride with some of ya'll...are there any weekly rides?
    Sunday Cruiser

Daily Rig (...yes I ride with retention)

Me
    Bro the holding the bike over your head photo is so 5 years ago. Now its the bike holding you up over its head.

Yup. This is me at 8am. On a saturday.YO NOT EVERYBODY GOES TO EAR SCHOOL OK
    this is me at 11:00 - i can see your belly button!
    BELLY BUTTON LOOKERDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    NAVEL GAZERi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    Hey, for those of you who are interested, MassBike is doing profiles on cyclists.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dz8NWy3CiEly5p7Z1jqhxba379QJNORTny6LzWNYBNA/viewform?c=0&w=1
    • CommentAuthorvox_pop
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2015 edited

I'm Nick, short-term forum lurker, long-term Boston lurker.

I ride this:

One incarnation or another has been in the hands of probably a few of you.

After a long printmaking competition I look like this:

•  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2015

Hey Nick! How did that tiny bike build go?"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    Welcome new people!All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorvox_pop
    • CommentTimeAug 13th 2015

Heya! It's stalled for now, it ended up being just too tiny, haha. I got as far as wheels (some nice old Arayas that came off a Terry), but once I put them on we discovered that the frame is more like a 47. That thing is mad little! If it was a 49, like the listing said, it would have been on the small side of a good range for the 5' 4" rider, but no dice. She ended up getting light little Shogun conversion at BNB, so she's happy.

I haven't found any friends who are that small and want it, so if I have time to go to the B2C2 swap for once, I'll probably try to pass it on to someone else!
    why do you look so familiar to meDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    looks a lil lilke baumannsomebody turn the lights off on this place already.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6kidz
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2015

If baumann and tyler had a baby."Dude's just smashing fructosenormativity, lay off."
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2015

Would that baby.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    6kidz:If baumann and tyler had a baby.

WHOA

^lolllllDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorXavier
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2015

????
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2015

Good call.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    • CommentAuthorsean9820
    • CommentTimeSep 2nd 2015

banana truffles:Bro the holding the bike over your head photo is so 5 years ago. Now its the bike holding you up over its head.

Yup. This is me at 8am. On a saturday.

How's this!? I didn't wanna whip out the big guns but...

SIDEWALK RIDER

UPSIDE-DOWN SIDEWALK RIDER HANGERDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorben
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2015

well played Sean90210, well played.I have DTF pants. They're crotchless. -surprisefries
    ben:well played Sean90210, well played.
    All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2015 edited

I lived in Boston maybe 3-4 years ago. Lived there for 4 years. More of a "im still alive" hello intro. I'm Roz. Started riding bikes in Boston. Lived in NYC for 3 years, now in Philly. I may be in Boston in November. A lot of stuff up in the air, dont want to jinx it. But regardless, love you guys long time! I haz lots of bikes now and an amazing dog. Hello! Also, bring on the rain of hate on how not proper and correct my bikes and photos are. I will be lurking and lol-ing a lot on the Today I Love thread. I like cyclocross, dogs, racing my bicycles, mountain biking, dogs, snacks, dogs, coffee, peanut butter and banana sandwiches and dogs. Oh and puppies.

Cyclocross bike:
     photo image7_zpssqib51s2.jpg
    Track Bike, for the velodrome:
     photo image6_zpsafixmjj4.jpg
    Roadie:
     photo image3_zpsezmy5hjo.jpg
    Commuter:
     photo image2_zps3yq2czrp.jpg
    Me and my mountain bike:
     photo image5_zpssad27ech.jpg

I also love my dog a lot. His name is Giro (like the shoes he likes to eat). He was found in a dumpster in Egypt, I don't know what breed he is, think hes a mix of a Canaan dog and cretan hound. I will probably post some of his super puppy puppy photos. He's 9 months old now.
     photo image8_zpsb5fthrlt.jpg
     photo image1_zpslf4gi8tn.jpgroz-berry-lime
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2015

Your track bike is made of marzipan. In a good way. Welcome back!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion

Yes please puppy photos!
    • CommentAuthorThreePete

SSCX bike and Cinelli are super!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRoz

Giro is a handsome ham. His super puppy photos are heart warming.

First night home:
     photo image1 2_zpshok5ulqm.jpg
    First bike ride:
     photo IMG_0579_zpsjdbheua5.jpg
    First day in AMERICA!!!!
     photo image4_zpsbixaopuj.jpg
    First sweater:
     photo image3 2_zpsbr3hq40b.jpgroz-berry-lime
    HI ROZ!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    Return of the Roz.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2015

...do we have a 'share pictures of your pets' thread? i would enjoy that thread...
    • CommentAuthorThreePete

Much similar to Doge in last pic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh

Welcome back, Roz!We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    hi im Kyle, new member
    Looking to ride with some of you guys
    any Fall/winter rides ?
    i ride this ..
     photo photo-14_zpsd1guelmj.jpg

and i ride this "gets no love"
     photo photo-13_zps9kg41kcy.jpg

and this is my boy  photo photo-15_zps6h9luqdv.jpg
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2015

Welcome! That is one cute dog. Is that a single speed? I'd recommend a front brake as well, you'll get way more stopping power."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2015 edited

I parsed that as "Is that [dog] a single speed?" and that amused me. I think they are really more three speed: walk, trot, and gallop. Some also have "bounce" (gazelle mode), but I'm not sure if yours has that. More dog pics plz.

ETA: Holy shit, they are documented as four-speed: walk, trot, pace, and gallop. I don't think I've ever seen my dog do "pace" (they say pace is a long-legged short-bodied dog thing) so I think mine may indeed be three-speed. And there are actually two kinds of trot and three kinds of gallop! Dogs are awesome.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    my dad once basically hypnotized my aunt by telling her that one of her pugs was trotting and the other was pacingi mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2015

Corgis have two speeds: belly rub, and galumph mode.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2015

No need for a break; that dog has plenty of heart stopping power.We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    Bike, and pooch, need drive side photos.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    • CommentAuthorOlegUA
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2015

Hey, I'm new to the forum, my name's Oleg. Living in Newton near Watertown square, and commute to work in the Backbay/Cambridge area doing deliveries on my FG. Looking for some other FG riders to explore Boston with.

This is what I ride, although I recently transitioned to clipless.

This is me
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2015

Nice to meet you, Oleg! I used to go through that Watertown Square / Newton / I-90 rotary mess all the time when I lived in Watertown. I remember reading at some point that it was one of the ten most dangerous intersections in the USA. I think it's better now that they've painted some lines and redone the traffic lights, but it's still a shit show. But what do I know, I don't even live in Boston anymore.

Glad to hear you switched to using foot retention on that brakeless Schwinn. It's always preferred on this forum that you take the necessary steps to avoid killing yourself.::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorOlegUA
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2015

pocky:Nice to meet you, Oleg! I used to go through that Watertown Square / Newton / I-90 rotary mess all the time when I lived in Watertown. I remember reading at some point that it was one of the ten most dangerous intersections in the USA. I think it's better now that they've painted some lines and redone the traffic lights, but it's still a shit show. But what do I know, I don't even live in Boston anymore.

Glad to hear you switched to using foot retention on that brakeless Schwinn. It's always preferred on this forum that you take the necessary steps to avoid killing yourself.

Yeah, I try to avoid that loop when possible, it can get pretty hectic around there, especially on a bike.

Been delaying getting some form of foot retention for a while. Went brakeless when I changed from the flatbars the bike came with to bullhorns and never bothered swapping over the front brake since I never really used it and mainly stuck to flat ground. That said a week after I got the bullhorns I got the horible idea of trying to go down a crazy steep hill without any foot retention, and ended up losing controller and went flying over the handlebars, luckily just a few scrapes.

Nice to have the foot retention now and be able to bomb down hills (and up hills) and still be able to stop, and practicing skidding/stopping with just the platform pedals did make it a lot easier to do when I switched to clipless.
    Welcome to the abyss.All you white kids look alike when you're still covered in baby fat, so I was getting bored with the non-stop WASP parade.
    We're already staring back.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D