Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

hey i've been coming to this site for years and have been in the local scene for years but never bothered to register. i figure since it's my horrible back pain/take it easy day of looking at bikes on the internet instead of riding i should register. i live in jp currently but going back up cambridge at the end of the year

if you see this around, it me, no fucks given for decals backward on the wheels

•  
      CommentAuthorpocky
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2016

Nice whip. Is that a Zaskar?

Those bullhorns look like they're a foot and a half long. Is that just wide-angle lens distortion, or are you a Yeti?
    ::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    • CommentAuthorMJ
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2016

Pretty sure it's a breakbrake low pro

http://breakbrake17.com/portfolio/transfer-2014-low-pro-track-frame/

YETIS NEED BIKES TOO, BRODFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    think it's just an optico illusio.You said time was infinite, so why the watch wrapped around your wrist?
    My b I didn't check in.

Yes optical illusion (this may/may not help I suck at photos http://i.imgur.com/gyVRCjk.jpg)

Yes bb17 transfer

Amazing frame. Woulda grabbed a GOAT but I am fairly attached to my year old omnom crankset
    • CommentAuthorjohn89
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2016

Hi i am john. I am a bike lover. My new bike is Schwinn Men’s Volare 1200 700C Flat Bar Road Bicycle.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Pics or you don't exist. ;)Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    And dick pics or you're a cop.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorpocky

surprisefries:And dick pics or you're a cop.

::lols at Dan's great photoshopping job:: ::slowly stops laughing:: ::googles:: ::kills self:: -tinyhonkshus
    I feel like "dick pics or you're a cop" is like, the worst tattoo that I might get under the influence of drugs and alcohol. Line in the sand at "dick pics or you're a cop".i mean that looks like a 10 cat bag, easy
    oh manDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorissues
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2016

Hey,

I lurked here a few years ago before I moved here. Then moved here, lurked a bit more & fell
    off for a long time.

my name is Brian, I ride a blue '86 Schwinn Paramount track bike. It's fun.

Not a cop
    hey guys. im back... gonna re-introduce myself this time around..

my name is charlie

catch me commuting from mission hill to porter square on either...

CLOWNTOWN set up with a spinergy and wide risers and fixed
    -----------or-----------
    my black surly steamroller with pink hubs and specialized drops

(me forgetting how to put in pictures because its been so fucking long)
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2016

Clowntown rides again!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthortweedledum
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2016

charlieyoungblood:hey guys. im back...

Charlie! Did you play polo?
    nerdo:Clowntown rides again!

SW3333T F1X1EEE33!!1!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    WHATS THE WORD,

names aaron, people call me Snow or Apache, I just found out I'm moving back to the bean next month and this time around I'm lloking to do more in this community. Iv been a messenger here in new York for about a year now and I know the scene too well here in nyc.

I ride a 2001 cannondale left (made in usa) until my broken collarbone is healed
    I also ride an aventon mataro low with elipse wheelset, omnium cranks and cannondale wide risers

if anyone here currently works for breakaway, or any other mess work. id love to get to know you, I'm trying to get down with a team asap!
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2016

I know the guys at One Shot and Marathon, though I have no idea if they're hiring. How long till the collarbone heals?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    I'm back on my bike in 1 week from today and back in boston in 3 weeks, even if there not hiring it will be good to get my foot in the door as soon as possible
    • CommentAuthorjzisk
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2016

New to you all... Jonathan Zisk; ex Bostonian; worked for Sheldon B. and for Ben O. in earlier life in Cambridge; now an Ithacan. Indy Fab SSR; Cinelli SC (83); Serotta Ti Lgnd; Peg Marcelo; Pin Montello; 1947 Hetchins Super Special. Lotta riding on Ithaca's famous serious hills. Looking forward to reading all your postings...
    Welcome! Post some ride pics, it sounds gorges.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorJimmyJ

also some bike pics. sounds like a goooooood collection.
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

surprisefries:Welcome! Post some ride pics, it sounds gorges.

Thank you for saving me from making this pun myself...Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    HAPPY TO HELPDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Another ex-Bostonian-to-upstate-NY-er! I'm (unfortunately) in Buffalo now, and Pocky seems to like Rochester a lot. Let me know if you're ever up this way, we love to talk bike dork stuff."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2016

sup

Most of y'all know me in real life, but some of you don't. I went to a psych ward again almost a year ago---and then when I got out a few weeks later, I just didn't log back in. Nothing personal, far from it. I'm not even sure why I didn't come back. I remember the day I got out was the Secret Satan party I had to miss because I was in DC, and it was really cool to video chat in. I look forward to the party this year.

Like I said, almost everyone here I know IRL and those I don't probably didn't give a shit that I was gone, but there you have it.

xoxoWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthora_lion
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2016

dang even saw the person in wyoming between internet visits! been away too long!
    JOEEEEEEEEDFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2016

Is it as dead around here as it looks?We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2016

In short, yes. Maybe we should've all switched to Zev's forum after all.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2016

Zev was the hero we needed but did not deserveWe'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    NOOOOO the Zev Pizza pic seems to have disappeared from fb and all mah links are broke.DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    And I don't seem to have saved it myself. I did however find some gems.

DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    • CommentAuthorsteev_keef
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2016 edited

Hello I'm Steve, I started school in Boston three years ago and when I got an apartment I suddenly found myself obsessed with bicycles. Stoked there a community of riders and a forum to back up. Catch me riding around in Allston and drinking brews over in Models.

[img]https://s17.postimg.org/4zttrel33/IMG_1210.jpg[/img]
    •  
      CommentAuthorjoeyfresh
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2016

Holy shit those pics.

sup Steve. Welcome.
    P.s. press "quote" on this comment to see the html formatting you need to post pics.
    We'll get you a cat, don't worry -t-honks
    True story I have never been to the Model.

Welcome Steve!DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2016

Let's fix that! I haven't been in over 10 years.Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    It's so close to my band's practice space, but we practice on Mondays so there's not a big motivation to go out after. Though that didn't stop me from getting a bit faced at Green St. last week.

Should we bring just back Dive Bar Mondays?DFL and DTF :D:D:D:D
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2016

Obviously!Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2016 edited

Just picked her up, and holy crap there's so much toe overlap, sucks to be a short rider with a 48cm frame, but I've had my eye on a sword sq for a while now. Might swap the fork with something with something with more rake but for now maybe it's something I can get used to

• CommentTimeNov 7th 2016 edited

•  
      CommentAuthornerdo
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2016

Fork looks interesting. Are the drops welded to the front, or is that some kind of weird illusion from the photo?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    nerdo:Fork looks interesting. Are the drops welded to the front, or is that some kind of weird illusion from the photo?

Here's a better pic. They have a 35m rake, I love the look but but I might be looking into a fork with more rake to reduce the toe over lap.

•  
      CommentAuthorNandy
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2016

It's going to affect the handling, but maybe it's worth a try. I have several 48cm square Terrys that handle perfectly with no toe overlap, and I think small front wheels looks sick af. It's really the only way to properly build small bikes."life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    This frame has a pretty small 500mm top tube, my old soma rush had a 525mm which is good inch longer, and never had toe over lap with that frame, It also had a slightly raked out fork at 38mm instead of 35mm on the sword, Im slowly getting used to the overlap, the bike rides too good to give up :D

•  
      CommentAuthorNandy

Smaller cranks might help, too. That's a ridiculous amount of overlap. Good luck with it!"life is hard, cats are soft." - surprisefries
    •  
      CommentAuthornerdo

Isn't there a bike shop somewhere that does custom crank shortening?Worstcase I'll just zip tie on a seat... but i'd rather not. —Zev (who else)
    Im seriously thinking of getting a 650c in the front, no toe overlap, super aggressive positioning, and weight savings, ha!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkossmonaut

that is more overlap than any of my KHS'