Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMorgie
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008 edited

don't worry man... eventually you'll get the hang of it, then we will finally get some "bottons" and it'll become unneeded..
    • CommentAuthorbluedog
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2008

Basso, that looks like a pretty big ratio for a singlespeed mountain bike, what is it?that's when I reach for my revovler...
    WENTWORTH FOR THE WIN!Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasso
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2008

Its a 32:16 ratio. Its pretty much what I had laying around. It'l be interesting to actually take it off road other than bombing various portions of mission hill. its not bad at least for the streets and hopefully some polo soon.There's always money in The Banana Stand
    • CommentAuthorbluedog

I lied then, that's pretty standard, it just looked big over the internets.that's when I reach for my revovler...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSoft T-Rex

WIT for the win indeed, welcome to the forumHey, aren't you a dinosaur?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasso

Thanks mang, I needed a place to live my life vicariously other than fixedgeargallery and all the links from there.There's always money in The Banana Stand
    WIT group ride after finals?Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn

rob's fg mountain bike is soooooo much fun(moscow)
    • CommentAuthorbluedog

we should have a SS/fixed group ride sometime.that's when I reach for my revovler...
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn

^a bostonfixed birthday (party/ride maybe?) may be coming up soon?!(moscow)
    wait!! do you mean that more than a handful of the people on this forum actually ride bikes and aren't just internet personalities who like to pose next to bikes?!

holy fuck.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraarn

^no, not at all. i'm actually this guy:
    (moscow)
    I don't even own a bike. Cunt. HutHUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!
    You will when your Geekhouse is done. Hizzzut!Jockin' Mike D. to my dismay!
    true that son! huuutHUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!
    jesse:I don't even own a bike. Cunt. Hut

'
    you wouldn't. you'd just walk around carrying arrospoks
    ^ you're totally right I do! Great come back!HUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!
    Aaron Gigantic:WIT group ride after finals?

YES![all your base are belong to us]
    • CommentAuthordogsballs
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008

watch out, there might be a dodgy character called chris crash signing up. beware, frankenbike :p
    • CommentAuthorChris Crash
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2008 edited

just saw this after starting an introduction thread... forum no-no

The Face:
    ugly

The Bike
    purdy

I built that frame with the help of steve at BREW bikes, specs: phil hubs cog lockring and bb, sungino messenger cranks, nitto jag bars and seat post, tompson stem, double butted DB spokes, Deep Vs, Time ATTAks.

Will be in Boston over the weekend 4/26-28, but with out the bike.

(html not working?)
    @dogs, you love me, and your just dissing cuz i wont let give you a reach around.
    ^they dun work. copy the image address, and address of the page where the image is located.You're purposefully attempting to sabotage my degree project. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSoft T-Rex

Chris Crash:
    The Bike
    purdy

all i could get was the bike for the other picture you need to go to the image, right click, properties and copy that address and put that in place of the old oneHey, aren't you a dinosaur?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSoft T-Rex

robotbuilder:
    Aaron Gigantic:WIT group ride after finals?

YES!

count me in!Hey, aren't you a dinosaur?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasso

^Me too. my last final is Thursday morning. I'll be out by 10:30 on ThursdayThere's always money in The Banana Stand
    •  
      CommentAuthorpetebow
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2008

what up? ive been lurking around here for a few months and finally cleaned up my bike and took some photos so i figured id post and introduce my self. names peter aka petebow aka peter soris, depending. i go to mass art for film and video and have been unfortunate enough to have known mr mark belcher probably longer than most of you guys on here. any ways here are some pics and if you see me around say what up!

UNFORTUNATE?! i think not sir.

wow youve got a better bike then me!ride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    im kate. i just bought sunday morning. we are in love.
    <3 Kate Class
    yay Kate!! will you ride me around on your handlebars next?!Keepin' it Posi
    missdalloway:im kate. i just bought sunday morning. we are in love.

You were parked off of glenville last night. I keep seeing your bike everywhere!
    clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    ^^Yeay! I can't imagine a better home for her, thanks Kate!
    -robot
    PS,
    Don't let Marty single speed her, no, no, no, noooooo. (Unless you want want, since she's yours and all.)[all your base are belong to us]
    NotAMasheen:yay Kate!! will you ride me around on your handlebars next?!

hell yea, im really good at it. i charge hugs for rides tho mash...<3 Kate Class
    ^^yea im everywhere, especially glenville

^give me a ring when is good for you to bring the wheel set over, im excited :]<3 Kate Class
    although he posted here on the boston forums, i hung out in brooklyn with chriscrash 'n his connecticut friends today. that dude is a champ.flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpetebow
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2008

ilikeitfixed:UNFORTUNATE?! i think not sir.

wow youve got a better bike then me!

mark its not about the bike, its about the rider. that might be from the karate kid, not sure.
    hahaharide bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    shit, I've been doing it wrong all these years
    • CommentAuthorZack
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2008

Hey!

My name is Zack. I've lived in Allston for 2 years but am hopefully moving elsewhere come January. I'm currently getting my BA in Writing/Literature/Publishing at Emerson College, with a focus on poetry.

I know very little about bikes, but I love them and have enjoyed learning a lot about them over the past year. Someday I want to be a bike mechanic and run some sort of community shop with free tune-ups and repairs...or something. Not really sure, I just want to learn about and be around bikes.

I run a non-profit (or more accurately a "not-for-profit DIY program") out of my bedroom called H.E.L.L.-- Helping Everyone Live Longer. I started H.E.L.L. last May when my friend Kelly Wallace was struck by a driver and killed on her bicycle at the corner of Cambridge St. and Harvard Ave. in Allston. Since then we have given out roughly 300 free bike helmets. We also do custom paint jobs on helmets for a fee (all of the money goes back into the organization.) You can check out our inaccurate and ill-maintained website at www.hellmets.org, but it's better to go to www.myspace.com/helpingeveryonelivelonger, which is updated regularly and has a lot of information. If you have any questions about H.E.L.L. let me know!

Ok, here is my bike:
    Photobucket

And here is me wearing a custom helmet and staring down a tape gun, for some reason:
    Photobucket

Word!

-Zackwww.HELLmets.org
    ...bad brains helmet?

fuckin' rad! ...and slightly ironic!flip mode. flip mode is the greatest.
    • CommentAuthorZack

Yeah dude! Hadn't noticed the irony until you mentioned it hahawww.HELLmets.org
    •  
      CommentAuthoradam

hey there zack, how ya been?
    • CommentAuthorZack

Hey Adam! I have been good dude. Made a lot of changes to my bike over the weekend and it made me feel more knowledgeable and competent than I actually am. Now I'm procrastinating a 15 page paper, woo! What about you?www.HELLmets.org
    •  
      CommentAuthoradam

sick of finals. sick of school, putting off projects, yeah!!
    • CommentAuthorZack

Fuckin' yeah man! I definitely feel you on all counts. That said, I'm going to sign out of this procrastitorium and write my paper :]www.HELLmets.org
    •  
      CommentAuthorSoft T-Rex

Hey zack welcome! I wear that regularly wear hellmet i got from you a few months back(the shirt too). Speaking of procrastinating I have two programs due by midnight I need to get back to.Hey, aren't you a dinosaur?
    •  
      CommentAuthortoldey
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2008 edited

i am tony, i live in JP. undergrad at neia.

mee!

this is my new bike in the works, a step up from my old conversion

this is my other bike that i seem to be fading away from

i dabble in the photo-taking. http://www.tonyluong.net
    http://www.tonyluong.net
    ^lol. speaking of bostonfixed......clockwork ted: this is my favorite thread. sweet BJ alexi!
    •  
      CommentAuthortoldey

haha right?! nice to meet ya man..via flickr hahttp://www.tonyluong.net
    •  
      CommentAuthortoldey

^ awesome, thanks!http://www.tonyluong.net