Not signed in (Sign In)

Category Filter

Welcome, Guest

Want to take part in these discussions? Sign in if you have an account, or apply for one below

Vanilla 1.1.8 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

ken just sent me this flyer for a summer tournament!
    more details at bostonbikepolo.com and nycbikepolo.com

nyc may tourney
    think you guys could come up with a longer name?

from the nyc site:

One day not too long ago, us New York Hardcourt kids got together and lamented about how boring the month of May is. “How could we make May any less crappy of a month to have to live in,” we thought. As is our answer to most things, we decided to throw a tournament. So we came up with the New York Pre-Worlds Round Robin Polo Tournament and Barbecue Classic Memorial Day Extravaganza. Or NYPWRRPT&BBQCMDE, for short. Come one, come all! Over Sunday & Monday of Memorial Day weekend, we’re going to try to cram in nearly 200 games, some barbecuing, perhaps some chicanery and shenanigans, and most definitely a great freakin’ time. It’s going to be a round-robin format, so each team will get to play every other team. That’s a lot of Polo. Even if you suck, you’ll still get to play the same number of matches as anyone else. As an added bonus, if you come to our great city early, you can do Rumble Through the Bronx on Saturday. And if you stay late, you can go to the Bicycle Film Festival the next weekend. That’s right. We’re New York. We effing love you.guess what
    ok, I know this is OT, but "New York Hardcourt" is hilarious.Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2008

newyorkhardcourt: Even if you suck, you’ll still get to play the same number of matches as anyone else.

SWEET!(not that we suck or anything)I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

THANK YOU PEOPLE FOR COMING UP WITH AN EVENT THAT PERFECTLY ACCOMMODATES MY WORK SCHEDULE!!!

and it involves polo. i'm there!

hope my sister won't be mad that it's the weekend directly before her birthday. oh well!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

NYPWRRPT&BBQCMDEWT?
    new york pre worlds round robin polo tournament & barbecue classic memorial day extravaganza wrestling tournament
    alexi will reign supreme, again!
    we'll see about that...

guess what
    • CommentAuthor*tink
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2008

oh my gawd

that night was absurd
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorgie

^god I debated bringing out my camera that night.. SO glad I did!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Shelby

there's always blood involved. i didn't even wrestle that night, and i was bleeding
    Oh shit!!!! is it any surprise it's Johnny no-show that wrestled young Alexi? I can't even say any more for fear of the posse coming back! Two became one there for awhile but that's all I'm gonna say. Two became one.
    Im downtown having drinks with a real friend, your justa cyber entity to me.
    Oh I forgot to whisper my private converstations
    Sweet new/old name huh? BIG BLACK WOOOWOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JARV, you were too drunk to remember but at one point I really did see Johns finger go up Alexi's ass. Now is it "over the line" to mention that part? I'm just saying........
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2008

^moar please. you're making me wet.gone
    People don't know it, but those tattoos on Johns arms are markers for the few times he's managed to get his whole arm up there. Oh yeah, He's from "Chi-town" they're fucking crazy over there. They're fucking wicked fuckin crazy.Duude.
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi

what's funny is even if that had happened, it wouldn't have been the weirdest thing i saw that night.I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    He's lost in the fens right now. Something about snorkeling I'm sure? Did you know Johny no-show can hold his breath for over 45 minutes ? It's true, swear to god almighty. John once supplied fresh water to a whole village in Honduras after a natural disaster. He single handedly filled his mouth and lower throat regions with over 50 gallons of fresh water in a single gulp. He would then run roughly 14 miles threw harsh terrain to disperse the water to those victims, often more than twice a day. This man is a deity when it comes to holding vast amounts of liquids in his throat. Snorkler/wrestler/pelican Johnny No-show you really are a triple threat.
    He'll love that^
    Shudda whispered some of that^
    •  
      CommentAuthortylersage

what a skill, i had no idea....... james, apparently, has an intimate knowledge if "johnny No-Show"'s oral liquid holding capacity
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2008

^hahahaha

and from the night of the mayhem..

the pics are all blurry as hell due to my extreme drunkeness/low light/manual focusing..I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    • CommentAuthorgc
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2008

thats a really cool picture.gone
    Tyler are you playing tomorrow, I think I can
    Swanie-noshow !!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2008

dear sir:

this thread is for an event that has yet to happen. therefore, it is an impossibility that swanie was a "no-show", as you say, to an event that has not even gone down.

if you are, in fact, referring to swanie's attendance at a recent polo event...one might find it more useful in the polo thread. or the polo board!

although one might argue that swanie has never touched either of the boards, and so all of your blustering might be in vain.

point being - if you're going to shit talk, why not expend your energy making threats to future opponents at the NYPWRRPT&BBQCMDE?
    Dear Miss, your a dumb ass, and thats enough.
    Censored for the weakasses your aligned with.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

*you're

wow. you used "your" correctly in your tirade but once.

if you did more than bother to shit talk on here you'd know who i was, and know that i have played against you in polo quite a number of times.

i wasn't there this past week, yes. but i was in nyc racing on a velodrome with my track bike. i hear that's what they were originally used for. before those damn west indian immigrants started jacking track racer's cultcha.

but anyway sir, what i said was in jest. temper temper!
    •  
      CommentAuthorpapi

ratattack: before those damn west indian immigrants started jacking track racer's cultcha.

haha

ps-jon nania has the shoulders and bladder of a young girl.I'm going to eat your brain and gain your knowledge
    he's with me!guess what
    •  
      CommentAuthortylersage
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008

after seeing the video of him singing beastie boys you might want to add alcohol tolerance the list of his likenesses to a young girl.
    Track bikes have nothing to do with Polo. Who gives cares if you were riding one in the ghetto-dome? Nobody, but you and the other 50 rookies that just discovered track bikes in the last year or so. BIG WHOOP!
    • CommentAuthorJonNania
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2008 edited

Jav likes big butts and he cannot lie
    And he cannot deny
    That when Tyler walks in with his itty bitty waist
    And that round thing in his face he gets sprung
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

dear sassy -

i'm sorry i'm too young to be as old as you are. you have my sincerest apologies. can we get back to topic now?
    •  
      CommentAuthortylersage

Age has no relation to rookie-dom and/or Posengers. It's comical that you thought I was talking about Swanie and have opinions as to what I should and shouldn't say about him. You don't even know what the heck your talking about. And then to offer insight as to what "track bikes are for" and that you "raced one at the Velo this weekend" Big deal, you think I've never been on a track? Even so, how does that have anything to do with polo? what, nothing?
    Oh, and Tyler YOU HAVE NO GAME!
    BIG BLACK STRAP-ON:There's no point.

lauren just give up. sassy wins.HUUUUUUUUUUUT!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack

aw. i was just teasing but sassy took it so seriously.

i should've remembered from playing polo with him - he can give it out but he just can't take it!
    50000000000 dollars say I put you into the boards so fucking hard you quit. You best take your girly game to slummerville where it belongs. "i should've remembered from playing polo with him - he can give it out but he just can't take it" that's shit talking little lady, consider yourself warned. I don't give a shit if your a girl I'm putting you into the boards so hard you quit or get killed. You brought this upon yourself. damn rookies
    Why not mention how you'll be busy "riding your track bike at the velodrome, that's what they're for" or some other equally valuable information? Perhaps the usage of YOUR? I'm sure if you think long and hard enough you'll come up with something at least, relevant? Best to just make plans to bake cookies and have tea over in Slummerville with the rest that can't handle real polo. It's really an easy game, but in case you don't realize: if you can't control the bike you'll never control the ball. Oh wait, you just want to talk about it. BIG DIFFERENCE.
    • CommentAuthorNicole
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2008

not to derail the thread back to its orinal topic or anything, but this sounds pretty fun
    HILLARIOUSride bikes for money not for fun(unless your drunk)
    Derail this thread, please.
    •  
      CommentAuthorratattack
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2008 edited

relax dude. i meant no harm. you like to give everyone shit on here, i was just giving you a little back.

by saying you can give it but can't take it, i meant that you can't take me whacking your mallet away from you like you do to me. not without you turning around at the next opportunity and whacking me in the hand with your mallet head. i'm not giving up, you can't make me quit, and i've been known to smash myself in the boards pretty hard so i don't know that it makes much of a difference.

i'm more into baking carrot cake these days instead of cupcakes, and i stopped playing with the girls b/c they spend too much time whining about you scoring against them instead of learning some skills. there are major exceptions to that, like kat, veronique, nicole, etc.

anyway dude, i meant nothing by it. i guess these damn rookies just can't control their mouths or their bikes, huh? see you on the courts.
    Your only going to see a blur then the wall, then the ground.
    And then maybe the sky?
    I'm just teasing baby, you'll be fine..........